Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Typically JW are higher end Marriott properties. My husband is a Titanium Elite with them, so we stay in their hotels a LOT. We looked into this JW as we saw them building it, but you'd really need to have a rental car to make the location work. It's bound to be a really nice hotel, being a JW and brand new!

I haven't had any luck booking Swan and dolphin restaurants for August on either Disney website or the different restaurant's websites. Are they not available for bookings yet?

Well the resort does not open until July 29th, after the MLS teams leave.

So just keep checking back as the Swan & Dolphin resort is very busy with a very large group of professional athletes trying to complete their soccer season. Also provide jobs for thousands of people, and for us keeping the Swan & Dolphin in business for our future visits.

Dave

Andddd just got the email that our July 26 - July 31 Swan stay is cancelled. We were originally told that current reservations would be honored, despite the closing. Marriott rebooked us for the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek. I know it's brand new, but I really wanted to be able to walk to Epcot/HS/Boardwalk, etc. Super annoyed.

Oh that's not great news the Crescent lake location our favorite area sorry to hear about your news.

Do you have a car to use at the JW?

Could you move your dates to arrive on or after July 29?

The "latest" original plan did not account for the MLS Teams booking the resort. Have you been following the saga as the Swan & Dolphin tried to open mid June or July 1 before the MLS contract was signed?

Dave

Andddd just got the email that our July 26 - July 31 Swan stay is cancelled. We were originally told that current reservations would be honored, despite the closing. Marriott rebooked us for the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek. I know it's brand new, but I really wanted to be able to walk to Epcot/HS/Boardwalk, etc. Super annoyed.
Are they offering any compensation? Like waiving the parking fee since you'd be more likely to need a rental car at the Bonnet Creek location?

Got the email today too. I'm sure the JW Marriott is a wonderful property, but if I'd wanted to stay there, I'd have booked a room there.

"Dear Valued Guest:
We hope you are safe and well. We are writing to you at this time to inform you of some changes to your reservation. As a result of the pandemic and resulting occupancy restrictions, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is not available for stays by the general public until July 29th, 2020. We value your continued business and to minimize the disruption to your plans, we have made alternative reservations for you at the newly opened luxury JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and Spa. The JW Marriott is located minutes from the Disney World theme parks and offers complimentary shuttle transportation. The JW Marriott is also a Category 6 Bonvoy resort.

The JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and Spa is at the same redemption category level as the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, requiring 50,000 points per night. As a new award certificate is needed for the change of property we have made your reservation at the JW Marriott at a rate of $179 + RSP. If you decide to keep the room rate or wish to use a Bonvoy Award stay, please confirm by calling the JW Marriott’s toll free number (833) 999-0198 to provide authorization for the new award stay as well as a credit card number to guarantee your reservation. If your plans to travel to Orlando have changed you do not need to take any additional actions as we have already refunded your deposit, if any, on file at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.

Due to COVID-19, it is important to know that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, they will be operating at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know the extent of the restrictions that will be in place. While new ticket sales are temporarily paused, your earlier confirmation number for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will continue to work if linked to your MyDisneyExperience app. Existing ticket holders and Annual Pass Holders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here."

Well the resort does not open until July 29th, after the MLS teams leave.

So just keep checking back as the Swan & Dolphin resort is very busy with a very large group of professional athletes trying to complete their soccer season. Also provide jobs for thousands of people, and for us keeping the Swan & Dolphin in business for our future visits.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Got the email today too. I'm sure the JW Marriott is a wonderful property, but if I'd wanted to stay there, I'd have booked a room there.

"Dear Valued Guest:
We hope you are safe and well. We are writing to you at this time to inform you of some changes to your reservation. As a result of the pandemic and resulting occupancy restrictions, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is not available for stays by the general public until July 29th, 2020. We value your continued business and to minimize the disruption to your plans, we have made alternative reservations for you at the newly opened luxury JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and Spa. The JW Marriott is located minutes from the Disney World theme parks and offers complimentary shuttle transportation. The JW Marriott is also a Category 6 Bonvoy resort.

The JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort and Spa is at the same redemption category level as the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, requiring 50,000 points per night. As a new award certificate is needed for the change of property we have made your reservation at the JW Marriott at a rate of $179 + RSP. If you decide to keep the room rate or wish to use a Bonvoy Award stay, please confirm by calling the JW Marriott’s toll free number (833) 999-0198 to provide authorization for the new award stay as well as a credit card number to guarantee your reservation. If your plans to travel to Orlando have changed you do not need to take any additional actions as we have already refunded your deposit, if any, on file at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.

Due to COVID-19, it is important to know that when the Walt Disney World theme parks reopen in mid-July, they will be operating at reduced capacities. At this point, we do not know the extent of the restrictions that will be in place. While new ticket sales are temporarily paused, your earlier confirmation number for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will continue to work if linked to your MyDisneyExperience app. Existing ticket holders and Annual Pass Holders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. You can find the latest updates on the theme parks here."

Depending on your dates I would check that rate. Mid July I have $160 AAA rate there. $179 seems high to me unless that includes the resort fee.

Depending on your dates I would check that rate. Mid July I have $160 AAA rate there. $179 seems high to me unless that includes the resort fee.
Thanks for the info. Yes, $179 is high. Just checked marriott.com and lowest rate is $168 (24-29 July) but resort rate is not included. Looks like we'll be cancelling.

Did anyone see the twitter thread on MLS lunches at the S/D? It's funny. They are being charged $45 for breakfast, $65 for lunch and $75 for dinner, and the photo of the sad boxed lunch I saw had a sandwich and a banana. The players are complaining (rightfully so IMO).

I wonder who's preparing the food for them.

The JW Marriott rates are based pricing for each day. For example the lowest rates are: Sun-Thu is $160 and Fri-Sat is $181 for July 24-29 dates.

These rates do not include the $35 Resort Fee for the JW or the Daily parking fee of $29.

Dave

Did anyone see the twitter thread on MLS lunches at the S/D? It's funny. They are being charged $45 for breakfast, $65 for lunch and $75 for dinner, and the photo of the sad boxed lunch I saw had a sandwich and a banana. The players are complaining (rightfully so IMO).

I wonder who's preparing the food for them.
Come on now that’s totally unfair - there was also a tiny cup of potatoes :duck:

Seems like their complaint should be with MLS, I'd imagine that was all part of the contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter