Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Did anyone see the twitter thread on MLS lunches at the S/D? It's funny. They are being charged $45 for breakfast, $65 for lunch and $75 for dinner, and the photo of the sad boxed lunch I saw had a sandwich and a banana. The players are complaining (rightfully so IMO).

I wonder who's preparing the food for them.
From what I've read, this is only for the mandatory 12-hour quarantine period when they first arrive. After that, they have access to on-site restaurants like Shula's, etc.

Still doesn't make the prices any less ridiculous, but at least it's only their first meal or two, and not for the duration of their stay.

Did anyone see the twitter thread on MLS lunches at the S/D? It's funny. They are being charged $45 for breakfast, $65 for lunch and $75 for dinner, and the photo of the sad boxed lunch I saw had a sandwich and a banana. The players are complaining (rightfully so IMO).

I wonder who's preparing the food for them.

According to TMZ, those sandwich pictures were taken in Toronto, not in Disney World. They will be getting very good food for free once they arrive at the Swan/Dolphin.

Just booked an AP discount for September yesterday - first time staying here, saving up DVC points for next year. About how long has it been taking reservations to be link-able? Website says up to 72 hours, so I'll keep at it and call later this week if I still have issues

Just booked an AP discount for September yesterday - first time staying here, saving up DVC points for next year. About how long has it been taking reservations to be link-able? Website says up to 72 hours, so I'll keep at it and call later this week if I still have issues
The last time I linked to MDE, I was able to do so within 24 hours. I would give it a couple of days, until calling.

It looks like the new AP rates at Swan/Dolphin have been loaded and are better than the Senior discount, for this year. These are the T&C:

Disney Passholder Rate rate, deposit required
Additional Information
  • Non-Commissionable Rate
  • Disney Annual Passholder rate
Holding Your Reservation
  • We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room. To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of xxx.xx USD when you make your reservation.
Cancelling Your Reservation
  • You may cancel your reservation for no charge before 11:59 PM local hotel time 1 day before arrival.
  • Please note that we will assess a fee of xxx.xx USD (one night's stay) if you must cancel after this deadline.
When You Check-in
  • Please be prepared to show proof of eligibility for your rate (such as a membership card, corporate or government identification card, or proof of your age).

Last edited:
I looked, they look like good rates. Wish I was going.
I would like to go, as well, but I will wait for better conditions - both in the parks and in the control of the virus. Hopefully, we can look forward to those happening "soon," which has become Disney's favorite word, lately.

The AP rates for 2020 make the Swan/Dolphin more competitive against Disney's EP resort AP rates, considering that airport transportation and RAC are included at Disney's properties, and there currently is no resort fee at Disney resorts, unlike the Swan/Dolphin.

Hello! I am thinking about staying at the Dolphin or Swan for the first time. Years ago they offered a teacher's discount but I wasn't a teacher, do I didn't pay attention. Now I am a teacher and would love to know more! Does anyone know how good it is compared to AAA ? We are thinking of a trip a week before X-mas in 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter