Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@shoreward pretty good discount, don't see why don't they offer that up to the Bonvoy members too.
I think they are trying to fill rooms and generate cash, right now. They must have quite a few cancelled conferences and conventions, as well as leisure bookings.

There may be more promo rates to come, depending on what the future holds.

@shoreward I agree just seems odd that they have a built in marketing system and audience through Bonvoy but they're not tapping it. Not that we're in any position to go, just seems odd. Our next trip on the books is for the 50th... but we'll see.

We are booked at Dolphin for this August, but now I see I can book Swan for the same price with discount code. Should I switch? Which do you all prefer? We have never stayed at either. It is just my husband and myself, don’t really care about the double versus queen beds. We are looking forward to walking to the parks and also some serious pool time in the afternoons. Thanks for any advice!

Quick thoughts:

The Swan is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin. The resort bus stops at the Swan before the Dolphin. They share the same pools. The bathroom layout is better at the Swan. Two sinks, 1 outside of the bathroom with it's own mirror.

More food options at the Dolphin but it is short walk from the Swan to the Dolphin.

Dave

Quick thoughts:

The Swan is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin. The resort bus stops at the Swan before the Dolphin. They share the same pools. The bathroom layout is better at the Swan. Two sinks, 1 outside of the bathroom with it's own mirror.

More food options at the Dolphin but it is short walk from the Swan to the Dolphin.

Dave
@Dave006 Thanks for the info, Dave. At Dolphin, is the only sink/vanity in the room with shower and toilet? Or is it outside like most other Disney resorts?

We are booked at Dolphin for this August, but now I see I can book Swan for the same price with discount code. Should I switch? Which do you all prefer? We have never stayed at either. It is just my husband and myself, don’t really care about the double versus queen beds. We are looking forward to walking to the parks and also some serious pool time in the afternoons. Thanks for any advice!
The Dolphin also has more dining options, including Picabu, the quick service, but we like Il Mulino so much that we prefer the Swan. I’m also a Westin junkie, I just like the lobby smell and the toiletries and all, so I prefer the Swan overall. Due to the NBA, if they’re still at Yacht (can’t remember when those teams are likely to be “out”) the walkway to Epcot will be closed in front of YC, so the Swan would be a shorter walk to Epcot and DHS.

@armerida you'll love it. We stayed at the Swan in 2018 and really enjoyed it. We walked to Picabu for breakfast everyday, then we'd jump on the bus at the Dolphin or catch the boat to DHS or Epcot. The walk over to Picabu really isn't bad at all, but for my wife and I breakfast is a must have for us to have a good start to our day. We had a corner room so we had two banks of windows, nice view of the water way between Swan & Board walk and it was really peaceful.

Use the savings for a nice lunch or maybe dinner each day.
Hey Dan, just checking in to see how you are doing! (I know, it's been a long time). Sure to miss the Dis Meets! We get to WDW about 1-2x a year, but this year we've cancelled both. Hope you run into you again some time! Pat

Is this a glitch? I went to book the swan for Aug. 2020, 2 adults, 2 children (7, 11) and it keeps wanting to charge me an extra $100 as an extra person fee. I thought I found a great rate of $121/ night but with all the fees its $600 for 2 nights! That's crazy.

@NicoleLarson yes its a glitch, they can fix it after you book it. Its been an ongoing problem with the Marriott system, which I thought they fixed.

However the extra fees like parking and resort fees you're stuck with. :(

@NicoleLarson yes its a glitch, they can fix it after you book it. Its been an ongoing problem with the Marriott system, which I thought they fixed.

However the extra fees like parking and resort fees you're stuck with. :(

Thank you. Yes, I knew about the parking and resort fees but that extra person fee really threw me off.

Hey Dan, just checking in to see how you are doing! (I know, it's been a long time). Sure to miss the Dis Meets! We get to WDW about 1-2x a year, but this year we've cancelled both. Hope you run into you again some time! Pat
Hi, Pat. Great to see you. I miss those days also, very much. I haven't been to WDW since 2017. I also hope our paths cross also. My best to you and all your great family. Stay safe. Thanks for stopping to say hello.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter