Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I believe the list of dining available is already up on there site.
It is, but it's all marked as temporarily closed I haven't seen any official announcement of what will be available, or updated menus. Almost all other resorts have limited dining at the moment so I wonder if S&D will follow suit.

Last edited:
Ok back again w another question re the swan. With the APH rate I’m seeing, considering cancelling DVc res for some added flexibility jik

One of my adult sons is planning on joining us for the last two nights of our WDW portion of this fall trip before we switch over to the HRH

couldn’t figure out how to add him for only the two nights online. Called the resort and was told the only solution would be to pay for all nights or make two reservations & link them. One with 2pp, the 2nd for 3

I’ve had issues w DVC res set up this way/being asked to change rooms even tho the res were linked. Don’t mind walking down in am & re-registering

I really don’t want to pay for the extra adult for for 5 nights he won’t be onsite, but do need to be able to book him 2 days res in park.

has anybody done this successfully at Swolphin :)?

Oh glory. Search the thread for posts by @amalone1013. She had to have gotten some of the most epically bad ones! That said, I’ve also booked “no view” and gotten assigned a lovely view. Seems to be luck of the draw and how nicely you sweet talk the desk people at check in.
Saw i was tagged and first thought was, are we talking about bad views? 🤣

couldn’t figure out how to add him for only the two nights online. Called the resort and was told the only solution would be to pay for all nights or make two reservations & link them. One with 2pp, the 2nd for 3
Just checking, when you called did you call the actual S/D resort or the Marriott call center? I think you will need two different reservations, paying for him for those 2 nights. But I also would think they could set you up to stay in the same room. I'm not sure if the toll free # goes to the resort or call center, but I'd try the 407.934.4000 line and ask for in house reservations.

Just checking, when you called did you call the actual S/D resort or the Marriott call center? I think you will need two different reservations, paying for him for those 2 nights. But I also would think they could set you up to stay in the same room. I'm not sure if the toll free # goes to the resort or call center, but I'd try the 407.934.4000 line and ask for in house reservations.
I did call the resort direct, when I selected the prompt for reservations, was surprised to be informed I was speaking ‘in house’ to the property.

Thanks. You’d think with CV measures in place they’d be happy to not move us & be required to do a deep clean between reservations

@keishashadow Oh dang was hoping you got the call center, yeah I agree with you. My gut says when you check in they can resolve that. A few times we've stayed at other Starwood/Marriott resorts and had a couple of reservations numbers and they were always able to make things work out.

Ok back again w another question re the swan. With the APH rate I’m seeing, considering cancelling DVc res for some added flexibility jik

One of my adult sons is planning on joining us for the last two nights of our WDW portion of this fall trip before we switch over to the HRH

I’ve had issues w DVC res set up this way/being asked to change rooms even tho the res were linked. Don’t mind walking down in am & re-registering

I really don’t want to pay for the extra adult for for 5 nights he won’t be onsite, but do need to be able to book him 2 days res in park.

has anybody done this successfully at Swolphin :)?
If not already requested, I would ask that the two separate confirmation numbers, if that is how your reservation is set up, be notated as “continuing,” so that you have a good chance of not having to change rooms, when you close out the 1st reservation and start the 2nd. Also, you can request to stay in the original room, when you first arrive. Persistency usually pays off.

@keishashadow Oh dang was hoping you got the call center, yeah I agree with you. My gut says when you check in they can resolve that. A few times we've stayed at other Starwood/Marriott resorts and had a couple of reservations numbers and they were always able to make things work out.
Thanks again, their Customer service has always been very professional when we’ve visited.

I find it difficult to wrap my head around staying at a value resort (lovely but still a value category type) that costs more than the Swan, even when including all the various fees.

I looked, they look like good rates. Wish I was going.

Dan, I had no plans to visit WDW until 2021, and was going to go to Disneyland in December instead. However, when I saw round-trip fares of $49 from ORD-MCO for the week before Thanksgiving - I booked it! There are $49 RT fares in December, too.

I tentatively booked at the Dolphin over spring break. There are 5 of us- and with no discounts at disney, our favorite mod resort closed, and a teacher discount, the dolphin seems to be the best deal. We generally either camp or stay at Port Orleans. I figured we might as well try it... I love the proximity to HS and Epcot, as well as the Boardwalk... And I think my kids will enjoy the pools. I do have a few questions though (apologize if they seem silly or have been asked tons before... i promise I did search the thread!).
We are so used to staying at Disney resorts... does it feel as magical ( I know- insert eyeroll)?
Do the TVs play "the must do's"?
Are there activities being led by anyone at the pool like they do at Disney resorts?
I noticed you get 20% off at food locations/restaurants. Do you you find it saves you a lot of money to use it (I have to renew mine, just didn't know if it was worth it).
I read about people getting surprised with added charges. I realize I will get charged $27 a day for my car, but other than that, should I be concerned?
Thanks for any and all help!

I read about people getting surprised with added charges. I realize I will get charged $27 a day for my car, but other than that, should I be concerned?
The location makes it magical enough for us. The 5 pools are nice and before Covid-19 there were activities at the Grotto pool in the afternoon. A DJ for music and games on a seasonal basis.

Since you did not mention it. Do you know about the Resort fee? There is a $35 daily resort fee and the details as listed below:

https://swandolphin.com/welcome/checkin/resortpackage.html
Just like any hotel you should always check your folio before you leave. I also do this at any WDW resort.

Dave

The location makes it magical enough for us. The 5 pools are nice and before Covid-19 there were activities at the Grotto pool in the afternoon. A DJ for music and games on a seasonal basis.

Since you did not mention it. Do you know about the Resort fee? There is a $35 daily resort fee and the details as listed below:

https://swandolphin.com/welcome/checkin/resortpackage.html
Just like any hotel you should always check your folio before you leave. I also do this at any WDW resort.

Dave
Thanks for the response! Good to know about the pool. The cast members at the other pools always entertained my younger kids for a while with their games and trivia :-).
I did see the resort fee. I double checked my reservation info, and it looks like $30 has been added to each night along with other taxes... so I guess I'm hopeful that the final price I was given will be what I see when I check out ( again, aside from that car charge).

Don't forget that the parking and resort fee are both subject to tax, which can add up after awhile. :headache:

The food discount is with AAA. And not at the 'signature' restaurants.

It is plenty magical to me, I know you will love it. I wish I was there, just not right now with the COVID still doing its thing.

Enjoy.

I did see the resort fee. I double checked my reservation info, and it looks like $30 has been added to each night along with other taxes...
Yes it can be confusing as recently as March the resort fee was $30 + tax but then they updated the site and it moved to $35 + tax. So it would help if you have a chance to drop by here after your vacation and update us.

Dave

I tentatively booked at the Dolphin over spring break. There are 5 of us- and with no discounts at disney, our favorite mod resort closed, and a teacher discount, the dolphin seems to be the best deal. We generally either camp or stay at Port Orleans. I figured we might as well try it... I love the proximity to HS and Epcot, as well as the Boardwalk... And I think my kids will enjoy the pools. I do have a few questions though (apologize if they seem silly or have been asked tons before... i promise I did search the thread!).
We are so used to staying at Disney resorts... does it feel as magical ( I know- insert eyeroll)?
Do the TVs play "the must do's"?
Are there activities being led by anyone at the pool like they do at Disney resorts?
I noticed you get 20% off at food locations/restaurants. Do you you find it saves you a lot of money to use it (I have to renew mine, just didn't know if it was worth it).
Thanks for any and all help!
Welcome! POFQ is one of my favorite resorts and so is Swolphin, so I’ll chime in on some of your questions...
It doesn’t feel like a Disney resort as much as a Disney resort does. With that being said, it is an AMAZING resort. Also because it’s location on the boardwalk, it feels very disney if you get out and walk around the area.

They do play the Must Do’s now. They didn’t used to but it was a very pleasant surprise on our last stay!

They do games at the pool sometimes but not as frequently as the Disney resorts. The pool is amazing though- much bigger than Disney pools with multiple hot tops, too! They do play great music by the pool too, and there’s wait staff who come around to serve beverages and food.

There is a parking charge if you are bringing a car of $27 a day, and there is a resort fee of $34.50 each day or $37 each day depending on which one you’re staying at. (I may be off by a few dollars here.) I loathe resort fees, but if you have them factored into the price before you go they’re a lot easier to handle.
The other price that you should factor in is if you are flying and not renting a car is that you have have to pay to get to and from the airport since there is no magical express here.

I’m not sure what the 20% is at restaurants but I’d love to know!

Overall, my general rule for booking at Swolphin is that if I can get it cheaper than a moderate we book. I always rather a Disney resort but if I can get this at a good price it’s worth it for sure. There’s great restaurants, great pool, nice rooms, and an amazing location! You are going to love this trip! To me, all of these things make up for the little Disney touches that aren’t there- especially the location!

Just wanted to double check - we are booked for Swan next month; on the online reservation portal, I selected “show price with all fees and taxes”...this should include the resort fee, right? Just want to make sure there are no surprises when we get there!

Welcome! POFQ is one of my favorite resorts and so is Swolphin, so I’ll chime in on some of your questions...
It doesn’t feel like a Disney resort as much as a Disney resort does. With that being said, it is an AMAZING resort. Also because it’s location on the boardwalk, it feels very disney if you get out and walk around the area.

They do play the Must Do’s now. They didn’t used to but it was a very pleasant surprise on our last stay!

They do games at the pool sometimes but not as frequently as the Disney resorts. The pool is amazing though- much bigger than Disney pools with multiple hot tops, too! They do play great music by the pool too, and there’s wait staff who come around to serve beverages and food.

There is a parking charge if you are bringing a car of $27 a day, and there is a resort fee of $34.50 each day or $37 each day depending on which one you’re staying at. (I may be off by a few dollars here.) I loathe resort fees, but if you have them factored into the price before you go they’re a lot easier to handle.
The other price that you should factor in is if you are flying and not renting a car is that you have have to pay to get to and from the airport since there is no magical express here.

I’m not sure what the 20% is at restaurants but I’d love to know!

Overall, my general rule for booking at Swolphin is that if I can get it cheaper than a moderate we book. I always rather a Disney resort but if I can get this at a good price it’s worth it for sure. There’s great restaurants, great pool, nice rooms, and an amazing location! You are going to love this trip! To me, all of these things make up for the little Disney touches that aren’t there- especially the location!

Thanks so much! Lots of great info here! We are driving, so I will prepare to add that fee on (even if we were in a Disney resort we'd unfortunately have to pay something).
So happy that "must do's" is on the tv... even when we are camping, its the first thing I put on our tv!
My kids could spend a large majority of the day at the pool, so I think they will be pretty excited about that! The 20% was exactly what @Dan Murphy had stated... AAA. For some reason I forgot to actually write AAA in my post though- whoops! And you have definitely sold me on the Dolphin :)
@Dave006- I will definitely keep you posted on the resort fees. My reservation says $30- so I would hope it wouldn't suddenly change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter