Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I checked the AP rate when it was announced, and it wasn't available for the room type I had booked at the Swan under a AAA rate. The AAA rate available a week or two ago was the same as I already had. I checked AAA rates again this morning and they'd dropped about $90 per night. With taxes and fees, I just saved $300 on a three-night stay in mid-September. :woohoo:

Planning our first stay at Swolphin for April next year. I've enough Marriott Bonvoy points for 3 nights to tag onto our DVC stay. Can't decide between the 2, and for all our Disney trips, we've somehow never even ventured into this resort (I blame the DDP lol)

So any suggestions which to choose? Price doesn't matter as they seem to be same points. The bigger beds sound appealing, but we will be 2 adults and a 3 year old so wondering if Dolphin is more convenient for access to dining / pool / boat launch.

Also curiously, on Marriott I can only book a standard king or 2 queen / double room. None of the options for balcony / suites are coming up on points redemption even though they are showing as available for cash. Is this normal?

Also curiously, on Marriott I can only book a standard king or 2 queen / double room. None of the options for balcony / suites are coming up on points redemption even though they are showing as available for cash. Is this normal?
Yes, hotels sometimes limit what rooms are available for points.

So any suggestions which to choose? Price doesn't matter as they seem to be same points. The bigger beds sound appealing, but we will be 2 adults and a 3 year old so wondering if Dolphin is more convenient for access to dining / pool / boat launch.
Distance to the pool and boat launch aren't really much of a differentiating factor. Unless you get a room in the Dolphin wing closest to the pool area, the Swan isn't significantly farther from the main pool area, and both are the same distance from the boat launch. And when you consider that the Dolphin is much larger, if your room ends up the far end of the Dolphin, it might actually be farther from either of those than the Swan is.

As for dining, all the quick service dining is located at the Dolphin. If character buffets are back up and running by next April (and that's something you're interested in), the Garden Grove (where the character buffet is) is at the Swan. That being said, it's not really that far of a walk between the two.

Aside from the differences in beds, the other major difference is that the Swan rooms have two sinks - one inside the bathroom, and one outside which can be very handy when everyone is getting ready in the morning.

My wife and I prefer the Swan because it's smaller and tends to be quieter. However we would have no problem staying at the Dolphin if there were no availability at the Swan. I don't think you can really go wrong either way.

So just got my notice that all reservations at S&D will be moved to the swan side for now. No guest will have access to anything on the Dolphin side including the main pool. Kinda disappointed as I know majority of the dining options are on the Dolphin side. For reference my stay is August 1st- August 8th.
Oh no! That stinks! I wonder how long that will be going on - we are reserved at Swan for August 14-25. Is this because of MLS staying there? I thought they would be gone by then...

Oh no! That stinks! I wonder how long that will be going on - we are reserved at Swan for August 14-25. Is this because of MLS staying there? I thought they would be gone by then...
I think you should just miss them! I believe the final game is August 14th. I thought it would be the other way around since I wasn’t able to book on the swan side until the 12th but things change!

It appears to be a phased opening due to slow early booking since the resort is only scheduled to open on July 29th. That's why they offered to big discounts to several groups of guests.

Current offers:

https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html
MLS will not be done until Aug. 11 with the final.

The group stage runs until July 23 with the round of 16 kicking off soon afterwards on July 25, running until July 28. The quarter-final matches will be played on July 30 / August 1, while the semi-finals are scheduled for August 5 / 6. The final will take place on August 11.

Dave

It appears to be a phased opening due to slow early booking since the resort is only scheduled to open on July 29th. That's why they offered to big discounts to several groups of guests.

Current offers:

https://swandolphin.com/offers/index.html
MLS will not be done until Aug. 11 with the final.

The group stage runs until July 23 with the round of 16 kicking off soon afterwards on July 25, running until July 28. The quarter-final matches will be played on July 30 / August 1, while the semi-finals are scheduled for August 5 / 6. The final will take place on August 11.

Dave
Thanks for all the info, Dave. Do we have any idea if the main pool complex and/or Dolphin restaurants will be open later in August? I jumped on the AP discount for our upcoming trip and the grotto pool was one of the main reasons (besides walk ability to the parks).

Interesting, I'd say disappointing but I would imaigne bookings are so low they need to do this to make it work. Wondering how breakfast at Garden Grove will go, the Picabu option for us was a big hit.

I just played around with dates on the Dolphin booking portal and it looks like they’re taking reservations starting August 12. Really hope it stays that way, that pool complex looks so great!

I’m sure I know the answer to this but with so many amenities being closed, any chance the resort fee will be waived?

This was the email I got, Swan pool is open. Anything on the Dolphin side will be shut off.
Hmmm, it does say 'Swan pools', plural. I only know of one pool that 'belongs' to the Swan, its lap pool. Same for the Dolphin.

I'm calling to see if I can find out. The recording I'm listening to said the resort is closed till July 28th. I post if there is an answer.

Last edited:
I’m sure I know the answer to this
I think you know the correct answer. But I think I might appeal it to be waived, or maybe reduced. I do doubt the paddle boats would be running, Smores questionable.

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Gold Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary S'mores Kit for each night of your stay – during Campfire & S'mores (subject to availability).
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.

Hmmm, it does say 'Swan pools', plural. I only know of one pool that 'belongs to the Swan, its lap pool. Same for the Dolphin.

I'm calling to see if I can find out. The recording I'm listening to said the resort is closed till July 28th. I post if there is an answer.
Thanks!

Hmmm, it does say 'Swan pools', plural. I only know of one pool that 'belongs to the Swan, its lap pool. Same for the Dolphin.

Guest services (and he was at the resort, not with Marriott who knows where) (and he did check with somebody) said all the pools, except the Dolphin lap pool, would be open. He also covered himself with, 'things can always change'.

https://goo.gl/maps/R5MptXZ8xhHFdEJs5

Awwww...I would hate to be staying at the Swan and not be able to hit the bar at Shula's once.

I find it odd that there is no indication on the official Swan/Dolphin restaurants site regarding what's open right now...I could have sworn there was an update message back when COVID first broke out that they were closing everything until further notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter