Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I will be staying at Pop Century next week. On our HS day, with the park truly opening at least 45 minutes before posted opening time, I don’t want to take any chances with transportation. Will I be able to take an Uber from Pop to Swan/Dolphin and take their walkway to HS?

I will be staying at Pop Century next week. On our HS day, with the park truly opening at least 45 minutes before posted opening time, I don’t want to take any chances with transportation. Will I be able to take an Uber from Pop to Swan/Dolphin and take their walkway to HS?

Yes. We have done that on our last 2 trips. You can also get dropped off at the Speedway and cross the street to be on the Boardwalk side but Swan/Dolphin works as well.

Anyone know if Food and Wine Fest tickets for the April 17th event are available still? It says sales have ended online but they keep promoting the event so I’m kinda confused.

Hello. My son and I are returning to WDW to celebrate his high school graduation and my birthday. We will be staying at Dolphin Premium Double/Double Room from 5/15~5/23. There are lots of things to consider b/c of the pandemic and the changes from it. This is our first travel since the pandemic started... and lots to read about to learn.

Would anyone recommend paying an extra $20 a night for a resort view instead of a standard view? We check in today. Also- any tips for check in?

Sure never hurts to discuss at check-in. If possible stop by the front desk early to show your ID and get your room keys., You can always mention that you are not in a hurry to get your room vs getting a nicer view.

Friday's can be quite busy in the afternoon as all the weekend guests that are driving all tend to arrive between 3-5 PM.

We have scored a resort view and a balcony for that $20 per night upgrade many times over the years. We like the main core of the building between the East & West wings. That way you can use either set of elevators.

East side when returning from the bus stop or West side when returning from the Dolphin, walkway to parks and the Friendship boat launches. We also like the 6th floor overlooking the Friendship dock area and the walkway to the Dolphin. It is also the middle floor and the elevators are faster to reach that mid point.

Dave

I have a question. I’m staying at the Dolphin. I was thinking about upgrading to a family room. I keep seeing king bed with pull out sofa. Do they have 2 double beds with a pull out sofa or is that not a thing.

Would anyone recommend paying an extra $20 a night for a resort view instead of a standard view? We check in today. Also- any tips for check in?
Personally I’m not big on the view. We’ve had a resort view room a few times and it was cool, but I can’t really recall it making the trip any better. Guess it’s totally a preference thing. We don’t hang in the room much :)

Maybe if there were fireworks it would be worth it to have a resort view but right now my vote is it is not worth an extra $20.

I have a question. I’m staying at the Dolphin. I was thinking about upgrading to a family room. I keep seeing king bed with pull out sofa. Do they have 2 double beds with a pull out sofa or is that not a thing.

They have a few but seem harder to book. So apparently there are more of the king rooms.

Attachments

• 05743A3C-FAD0-48A0-A4C9-BB246BDD2F9E.jpeg
    05743A3C-FAD0-48A0-A4C9-BB246BDD2F9E.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 16
Just got to the dolphin! The view from the room is so pretty. I am so excited to be here

That is a FANTSTIC view!

So to the left do you see the Boardwalk? And even into Epcot?

Last trip we had a similar view from one room and across the hall we had the "opposite" view. At that time from one room or the other we could see the fireworks from Illuminations, Fantasmic, the Star Wars Show, and even MK in the distance. Every night. We booked a similar configuration for July and obviously hope there will be SOME nighttime fireworks from one of more places.

Shoreward, if you're checking the S/D thread now and then, hoping all is well with you. Missing you and all your great input. Missing you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter