Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Weird question: Do you do anything to "sanitize" the coffee maker before you use it in the room? My oldest DS thinks it's gross to use one that maybe doesn't get cleaned regularly. I'd like to be able to convince him to drink the in-room coffee rather than wait in line for it and waste park time so if there's a way to clean it, that might help.
Do you mean a wipe off with like a Clorox type wipe, or an internal cleaning, like with vinegar?

I would think the outside is wiped during a regular between-guest refresh. But you could also bring a package of wipes and give it a quick clean when you arrive.

Weird question: Do you do anything to "sanitize" the coffee maker before you use it in the room? My oldest DS thinks it's gross to use one that maybe doesn't get cleaned regularly. I'd like to be able to convince him to drink the in-room coffee rather than wait in line for it and waste park time so if there's a way to clean it, that might help.
My spouse uses a wipe and then runs the coffee maker with just plain water a few times before we use it.

I’m having trouble linking my Swan Reserve reservation to MDE. It’s been a while since we visited, so I completely forget what the “trick” is (maybe adding a 0 somewhere?)
Can anyone help me out here? It seems the search function isn’t working properly on the boards, so I can’t find any previous posts. (“No results founds” for everything I searched for.) I also called the hotel directly and after holding for over 30 minutes somehow got a Marriott rep and not a Swolphin rep, so it was pointless.
We booked our Swan reservation on swananddolphin.com and had to wait several (maybe three?) days before MDE would accept it.

I don’t “sanitize” in room coffee makers, but I do run a few empty cycles through before making my first cup. Probably does very little, but it makes me feel better. :-)

We booked our Swan reservation on swananddolphin.com and had to wait several (maybe three?) days before MDE would accept it.
Thank you! This reservation was made 2 weeks ago through Marriott. Still won’t link. I’m not sure if it’s because the Swan Reserve isn’t open yet though.

I’m having trouble linking my Swan Reserve reservation to MDE. It’s been a while since we visited, so I completely forget what the “trick” is (maybe adding a 0 somewhere?)
Can anyone help me out here? It seems the search function isn’t working properly on the boards, so I can’t find any previous posts. (“No results founds” for everything I searched for.) I also called the hotel directly and after holding for over 30 minutes somehow got a Marriott rep and not a Swolphin rep, so it was pointless.

I presume you have been trying to call in-house reservations at 888-828-8850. In the past, they have been open 7 days per week, during normal business hours (closing in the early evening and reopening in the morning), with shortened weekend hours. I can’t say if the hours have changed, lately, though. When onsite reservations is closed or no agent is available, the calls are forwarded to Marriott. I recently spoke with them about the Reserve, and the agent indicated that there currently were so many unknowns about the Reserve, such as AP rate availability, if bookings would be available prior to September (Reserve is scheduled to open July), etc.

When Swan and Dolphin reservations are not linking to MDE, in-house reservations can resubmit the info to Disney; that process usually resolves the issue within a day or two.

There is an email address for reservation info:
resinfo@swandolphin.com
I personally have not tried using it, but it is another channel you may want to try, if reaching someone by phone does not work out, and you are anxious to add the stay to MDE.

Last edited:
I opened a coffee make at a Marriott and the was this awful mess of molded coffee packet where you put the water in. Since then I’ve never used a hotel coffee maker again. I reported it at the front desk and no one ever wrote it down. They were just like, oh sorry, thanks for letting us know. 🙄

I opened a coffee make at a Marriott and the was this awful mess of molded coffee packet where you put the water in. Since then I’ve never used a hotel coffee maker again. I reported it at the front desk and no one ever wrote it down. They were just like, oh sorry, thanks for letting us know. 🙄
Yeah, I think that's what my son is concerned about the inside not being cleaned regularly (or if at all)...

Has anyone been to the Mandara spa recently? I was considering it since Senses is still closed and I can walk from YC, but am curious to see any reports of how it’s been lately. I’ve never been there before.

Thank you! This reservation was made 2 weeks ago through Marriott. Still won’t link. I’m not sure if it’s because the Swan Reserve isn’t open yet though.
I see others have addressed the Swan Reserve thing. I will add that my trip last year I called the Disney Internet Help Desk after a couple weeks because I couldn't get my Swan reservation to link. Disney did something internally and it appeared on MDE within a couple days. Internet Help Desk number was on the swandolphin.com site.

I see others have addressed the Swan Reserve thing. I will add that my trip last year I called the Disney Internet Help Desk after a couple weeks because I couldn't get my Swan reservation to link. Disney did something internally and it appeared on MDE within a couple days. Internet Help Desk number was on the swandolphin.com site.
Thanks! I’m going to try again in June since my trip isn’t until November any way. I will let you all know if it works.

I wonder if the Alamo/National car rental desk will ever reopen at the Dolphin? That was so convenient.
I would think so, Patty. But not until the resorts are running like pre-COVID and the business travel is back.
Hello! Will Swan transfer luggage to Grand Floridian?
Last I heard here (maybe 2 weeks ago) was that transfers were not being done at this time.

I’d like the answer to this too. I stayed at the Swan 2 years ago and couldn’t find a place to fill up water bottles. I went to the Boardwalk Bakery for refills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter