Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I was granted an opportunity to visit one of the presidential suites at the dolphin today. Does anyone have specific questions or requests for photos from it?

Are you able to cancel or change your room reservation through this Hotwire deal?
For Hotwire Hot Rate Hotel Reservations:
  1. All bookings are final and cannot be changed, refunded, exchanged, cancelled, or transferred to another party;
  2. The name and exact address of the hotel are not shown until after payment has been made for the booking;
  3. Once you book, your credit card will be charged for the amount shown even if you do not use the booking.
  4. Room type will be determined by the hotel based on the number of guests provided at time of booking. All reservations are booked for stays in non-smoking rooms (subject to availability).
  5. Hotel room assignments are determined at check-in and upgrades are not available;
  6. The maximum number of rooms that can be booked at one time is six. All hotel rooms will be booked under the same name and the guest under whose name the reservation is made must be present at check-in;
  7. Bookings made through Hotwire are not eligible for hotel reward or club programs;
  8. Hotwire's minimum age requirement for checking into a hotel is 18;
  9. Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card in their name (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted; and,
  10. Hotwire rates do not include special fees charged by hotels upon check-out (e.g., energy charges, convention fees, resort fees, parking fees). Customers will be required to pay these fees directly to the hotels at check-out time.
Dave

I am not sure about Hotwire, but Priceline Express you could not do either cancel or change. I'm guessing you can't with Hotwire.
Then I personally can't imagine booking this unless it was last minute. There are so many factors that can change travel plans (factors that are not covered by insurance).

Sure! What kind of bedding is in there? Love to see photos.
I'm trying to see if I can edit the photo down so I can post it. Large parlor doesn't appear to have bedding. There is a lockoff bedroom on one end with unknown bedding (not included in this res). The br included with this res, is actually across the hall and only has 1 king, no sofabed.

Are you able to cancel or change your room reservation through this Hotwire deal?

No, this is the 'your stuck with it no matter what' Hotwire deal, which makes it so nerve racking. Although they will let you add days to the reservation.

But I did get the insurance in case of something major.

No, this is the 'your stuck with it no matter what' Hotwire deal, which makes it so nerve racking. Although they will let you add days to the reservation.

Just wondering, wouldn't it be less stressful to book just one night, to be sure you get the correct hotel and when you have it nailed down--book the balance of your trip? Not sure how all of those sites work, just curious for future reference. :headache:

Just wondering, wouldn't it be less stressful to book just one night, to be sure you get the correct hotel and when you have it nailed down--book the balance of your trip? Not sure how all of those sites work, just curious for future reference. :headache:

Seems like such a simple solution, and yet not something I would have thought of. :worship:

I was about to ask that.

Whom did you purchase insurance from? I didn't see an option on Hotwire, but thought if it isn't too much I'd look into buying insurance. I always buy it when we do vacation packages anywhere. Just in case I got sick or something; airfare is easy as I am booked on Southwest, used a credit one way and points the other, so can always change that.

$32/night resort fee. Look for one with TravelAdvisor 5051+ reviews. There is a Sheraton with a $32/night fee, but it is currently >$100/night.
Even knowing all that, I was still scared. Would have really messed up things if it was something else. Have to be prepared for that I guess.
nevermind....just wishful thinking...dang those prices are good! wish I had read this a few days earlier...... my trip is to close to change anything now. (first world problems)

Last edited:
That is a really good idea. I did see the insurance, which I would definitely purchase!

This is actually what I did. I booked one night to make sure it was the Dolphin. Once I knew it was I booked my other 6 nights on a new reservation. I think you can only add 1 or 2 days to the original one, but I'm not sure. I just went ahead and booked the same deal for the rest of my trip. I also confirmed with the Dolphin that I won't have to change rooms or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter