Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund? Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Reese

My name is Dr. Reese and I
I have a question for those of you that have worked doubles. OK, I did a Supertarget double. I worked 3.5 hours for both of them. There was also a $12 incentive for both. How will the pay work??

I have a question for those of you that have worked doubles. OK, I did a Supertarget double. I worked 3.5 hours for both of them. There was also a $12 incentive for both. How will the pay work??

When I worked a double, I worked 3 1/2 hours at each event and was paid for 5. Each event also involved a microwave and I received appliance pay for each event.

This Choxie thing has me baffled. I just got an email from TMT saying the event is high priority and will be at nearly every Target nationwide. They listed available stores and many are the sames ones listed by Spi today. What gives?
I would not be happy to find out somebody else booked the same job I did through another agency.

I received the same email. Hopefully, the Event instructions will be put up soon. Then we'll know for sure if it is the same Event. I can't imagine there would be two different Choxie Events at Target on the same day & time. After all, the Food Court area is not that large and two different demos going on for the same Chocolate would be odd.:confused3

Off to promote/sell Face lifts in a box today. Hope they have the product.

For those of you that have the same store booked for the same event for two agencies, what will you do if one isn't canceled? Will you set up two tables? Only one, but fill out two forms? Contact one of the agencies and tell them of the confusion? I know when I told my TMT contact that SPi was starting to offer Kmart events, she was surprised and upset. She said even though they were both agencies under MC, they were still competitors. And I'm sure TMT is very protective of Target.

For those of you that have the same store booked for the same event for two agencies, what will you do if one isn't canceled? Will you set up two tables? Only one, but fill out two forms? Contact one of the agencies and tell them of the confusion? I know when I told my TMT contact that SPi was starting to offer Kmart events, she was surprised and upset. She said even though they were both agencies under MC, they were still competitors. And I'm sure TMT is very protective of Target.

If one didn’t get cancelled, I was going to cancel one about 2 weeks out. I did a little more investigating a few minutes ago and find that they both have different jobs numbers 71808 and 71126 so maybe there are two different events scheduled. I am also going to call MC direct (800-275-6650) and ask them about this. I won’t get to it today since I’m working an event, but will tomorrow. If someone else wants to try today, please go ahead.

:sad2: don't show a check was cut for me today!
and emails from the last couple of days have not been answered!:rolleyes:

just received this email about payroll:

Lisa,

Your check for your event on 10/13 has been received and is bring processed, it should run in next weeks payroll.Our Payroll department has a new schedule and they process paperwork one less day, so it puts a delay in payments. I am sorry for this. Your check will run in next weeks payroll.
:rolleyes:

I have payroll questions. It shows a check was cut for me today. It was for a Dollar Days(with micro). That part is correct.

It was also supposed to be for that Winn Dixie survey thing that was 6 hours. I finished and was only there a little over 2 hours. I think I read on here that someone else got paid for the whole 6 hours, even though they were only there 3. Can anyone confirm this??

It appears that I only got $60. I cant figure out where they came up with that figure.

Also, on the checks where it says JOB and has the numbers under it, those numbers don't match my event numbers. So, I am not even positive that is the job being paid for. Do the numbers match up for the rest of you??

Thanks for any help.
Alisha

It was also supposed to be for that Winn Dixie survey thing that was 6 hours. I finished and was only there a little over 2 hours. I think I read on here that someone else got paid for the whole 6 hours, even though they were only there 3. Can anyone confirm this??

Yes, that was me, I was paid the full 94.00 (86.00 after tax) for this event even though I only worked a little over 3 hours. I'm going to go look and see if I have a check being sent, I am definitely due for one. I so wish they would offer direct deposit so we didn't have to wait so long.

Also, on the checks where it says JOB and has the numbers under it, those numbers don't match my event numbers. So, I am not even positive that is the job being paid for. Do the numbers match up for the rest of you??

Thanks for any help.
Alisha

The last four digits of the job number are the date For example my last paycheck was for events on September 22nd--the last 4 numbers are 0922. That is how I figure out which check corresponds to which event.

Hope that helps a little.

The last four digits of the job number are the date For example my last paycheck was for events on September 22nd--the last 4 numbers are 0922. That is how I figure out which check corresponds to which event.

Hope that helps a little.

That is VERY helpful! Thank you so much! I was wondering the same thing after I looked at my statement. I kind of was able to figure out which jobs they were because of the pay rate but now I can be positive knowing the dates. Thank you again! :)

I was planning on unbooking one too if they both remain scheduled to run. I still have a feeling one is going to be dropped. I don't want to unbook the wrong one right now and wind up with none.

MC VAULT at Grand Opening: :mad: 40 MINUTES to find my 3 kits. I'm NOT a fan. I got to the store extra early. Got passed around to several people who didn't want to help me. Not that they were really busy, just didn't want to help. :rolleyes: Finally stumbled about 3 "managers" who were looking at the kits in grocery backroom & wondering what to do with them. They were no longer in the one big vault box. It was just a stack of MC kit boxes they were opening & looking at. I could have gone today without the 2 kits for double, but I REALLY wanted to make sure I had those 300 Cottenelle puppies. I have them in MY POSSESSION now for Saturday.

My tip: bring your own tongs. The cheap plastic ones in the totino's pizza roll kit broke. Making it hard to flip them & serve them.

Juicy Juice: ran out in 1.5 hrs. Thank goodness I only had to "promote" up till 3.5 hrs and NOT 5 hrs. :headache:

I'll save you all from hearing how the rest of the day went. :rolleyes: A bit reminiscent of BRivers event with the "manager with attitude". Grand openings bring out LOTS of managers from every dept & every store who want to impress I guess. Not impressed with one in particular. Made me feel like I was 16 yrs old by how I was spoken to & ordered around. I actually said "I don't work for you."

MC VAULT at Grand Opening: :mad: 40 MINUTES to find my 3 kits. I'm NOT a fan. I got to the store extra early. Got passed around to several people who didn't want to help me. Not that they were really busy, just didn't want to help. :rolleyes: Finally stumbled about 3 "managers" who were looking at the kits in grocery backroom & wondering what to do with them. They were no longer in the one big vault box. It was just a stack of MC kit boxes they were opening & looking at. I could have gone today without the 2 kits for double, but I REALLY wanted to make sure I had those 300 Cottenelle puppies. I have them in MY POSSESSION now for Saturday.

My tip: bring your own tongs. The cheap plastic ones in the totino's pizza roll kit broke. Making it hard to flip them & serve them.

Juicy Juice: ran out in 1.5 hrs. Thank goodness I only had to "promote" up till 3.5 hrs and NOT 5 hrs. :headache:

I'll save you all from hearing how the rest of the day went. :rolleyes: A bit reminiscent of BRivers event with the "manager with attitude". Grand openings bring out LOTS of managers from every dept & every store who want to impress I guess. Not impressed with one in particular. Made me feel like I was 16 yrs old by how I was spoken to & ordered around. I actually said "I don't work for you."

Sounds like a nightmare - sorry you went through this. It was really smart to grab that last kit, I bet it would've been long gone. I'll never do a grand opening again, and I didn't even have to deal with finding a kit.

Off to do University Medical Wrinkle Free today.........will I be snoozing for 5 hours or what?:confused3 Was supposed to receive 300 brochures to hand out......only got 25:sad2:
Wish it was another 4 hour event instead of 5!:upsidedow

Off to do University Medical Wrinkle Free today.........will I be snoozing for 5 hours or what?:confused3 Was supposed to receive 300 brochures to hand out......only got 25:sad2:
Wish it was another 4 hour event instead of 5!:upsidedow

I'm doing this one again today. I got ZERO brochures in all 3 kits. Oh, and my kit for this weekend (the makeup) had the apron for the Almay event. So it looks like they got the Almay/Loreal ones mixed up when boxing the kits up LOL I also only got 1 wrinkle kit instead of 2 in each kit.

i got the make up kit yesterday.

i also have the almay apron, so i guess that is not loreal huh. lol i have no idea.

but i did get a bunch of double packs of lipsticks. are we suppose to use q-tips to dip in the lipstick as samples? or just give the double packs away as samples?

I got the Loreal kit today and I cancelled it sometime ago! Wonder what I should do with it? Guess I'll just email and let them figure it out! Not my fault and it was cancelled weeks ago!

Survived University Medical today. Sold 2!:thumbsup2 Which is 2 more than I thought I'd sale! People were interested in it and thought it would make a good xmas gift!

Glad I only got 25 brochures instead of 300!!! As I only gave out 20 of 25!:rotfl:

New jobs:

Dec 1 - Maxwell House Original Coffee 11 to 4

Nov 11 - Orville Reddenbocker Natural Popcorn 11 to 4

Anything else new in other areas?

These are at Harris Teeter Grocery Stores

New jobs:

Dec 1 - Maxwell House Original Coffee 11 to 4

Nov 11 - Orville Reddenbocker Natural Popcorn 11 to 4

Anything else new in other areas?

These are at Harris Teeter Grocery Stores

Nothing new here! Back to having no events booked!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter