Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund? Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, should I wear the Almay apron or the black one? Also, I noticed on the notes it does not mention the black hat. Do I need to wear a Hat since it does not involve food? I called to activate the MC Card tonight and on the form it had $2.50, so I was thinking that might be hard to find 200 Q-tips for under $1.75 plus tax, but now when I called to activate it said they had activated it for $3.75. Has this happened to you before?

I would wear the black one. And no hat if it doesn't say you need it on the form.
The Walmart brand Qtips are around $1.25 or so. I haven't activated my card yet, so i'm not sure what mine will be for yet.

I got a response from MC regarding the Choxie event. I was told that both events (SPi and TMT) are running. They are doing a test in some stores, so that's why the the event shows up for both. I guess I'll unbook SPi eventually. Since TMT has had the Targets here, I don't want a TMT person upset w/ me for cutting into his/her Target territory by showing up as an SPi person! I'd rather be the disgruntled TMT person myself!

I got a response from MC regarding the Choxie event. I was told that both events (SPi and TMT) are running. They are doing a test in some stores, so that's why the the event shows up for both. I guess I'll unbook SPi eventually. Since TMT has had the Targets here, I don't want a TMT person upset w/ me for cutting into his/her Target territory by showing up as an SPi person! I'd rather be the disgruntled TMT person myself!

Thank you for checking this out. I was out and didn’t get to it Thursday and got somebody’s voice mail yesterday and didn’t want to leave a message. I’m torn on which one to cancel. Don’t worry about cutting into someone else’s territory. The other person probably works for SPi and TMT too. :laughing:

I'm having trouble reporting today's results. There is a new question / box to fill in for time you took your "30 minute MEAL break". I didn't take a 30 minute meal break since I only worked a 5 hr shift. So, I left that part blank. But it won't let me submit. It says there's an error / inconsistent info in my meal time. :confused3

Anyone else having this problem?

I swear I spend more time now than when we used to just call the results in. grrrrrr

I didn't have anything about break time on my report. I just checked my printed copy to be sure.

I still can't report todays Cottonelle Stuff-A-Puppy results. 5 hr event. 9am - 2pm. I click the link to report & the page loads with questions & times ALONG with a box to check off if you took a 30 minute MEAL break. And in the certification box at bottom it says a 30 min break is for events 6 hours or more.

Fine. 5 hour event. I did not take a 30 min break so I do NOT check off the box, yet it won't let me submit. Its says I have inconsistent info with meal break.

:confused3

So NO ONE ELSE is getting this 30 min meal break box on the results page? Did anyone else do this grand opening event today?

I was supposed to have my 1st cooking event yesterday. The store was 30 minutes away. It was pouring rain & I was trying to haul my microwave & boxes in. I finally get everything in the store & they have no product. They all look at me like I am speaking a foreign language. I called SpI & at first the helpdesk guy says use the flyers in the box. Great here's a coupon for something they don't sell in this store! :rolleyes1 So, the helpdesk guy says well I guess that doesn't make much sense, ya think? We'll just give you show up time. So, I have to haul all my stuff back out to my van in the rain & drive 30 minutes home. The help desk guy said show up time is 1/2 what I was supposed to have been paid. Does that include the extra for the microwave?

I'm STILL unable to report yesterdays 5 hr event due to it thinking I was to take a 30 minute meal break. So, I guess somewhere THEY think it was a 6 hr event.

I am able to report todays 5 hr event. The meal break question is not on the screen at all.

I'll have to email & call SPI tomorrow first thing Monday I guess. Ugh. I didn't want to get up early. The darn World Series starting at 8pm & ending after 1am here has been very tiring. But hopefully, it will all end tonight with a Red Sox WIN!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Question....I booked the Choxie event for 11/25. I haven't done one of these in almost year and a half. I have only done one!

On the website, there is NO information about the event. Will they send it to me?? What about the table and apron and stuff...will they send that to me, too?

Anyone have any more details on this Choxie event?

Thanks in advance!

Question....I booked the Choxie event for 11/25. I haven't done one of these in almost year and a half. I have only done one!

On the website, there is NO information about the event. Will they send it to me?? What about the table and apron and stuff...will they send that to me, too?

Anyone have any more details on this Choxie event?

Thanks in advance!

The event instructions & report form will become available online closer to the event. You will need to check back there & print them off.

If you've worked for them in the past, you should already have your starter kit which was a table, hat & apron. :confused3 If you don't have them any longer, aprons are available for about $5 at ACMoore or Michaels Craft stores. If you are larger like me, I got one at Walmart (near placemats) that was bigger & fit way better than the small ones from the craft stores. Black baseball hats available at craft stores too & almost anywhere else.

If you booked a regular Target, a table is always included in the kit that is sent to the store. But NOT another apron & hat. Like I said, you should already have those. But you always bring your table with you just in case the kit can't be found at Target.

If its a SuperTarget, someone else will answer, but I believe they supply a table & white coat & hat for you. I might be wrong since we don't have those stores here.

You DO have your MC debit card, right? Because you are going to need that too.

Also, don't know if you actually follow this thread or not, but some changes have been made since you last worked. You don't call your results in anymore. You MUST report them online. And it requires filling in times you spent prepping, activating card, buying product, finding kit, getting signatures, reporting & mailing forms. You probably should go back some in this thread & do some reading about that.

Anyone remember when we started reporting online & when we discussed it here? Anything else to tell her about that I forgot? I'm watching Red Sox in World Series. Not thinking about work. lol

got the Neutrogena event for 11/15!:thumbsup2

You must live in the HBA demo capital. No Neutrogena around here.

Does that include the extra for the microwave?
Good question. I don't know the answer for you.

Still a ton of Maxwell House Coffee at Kroger here for 11/17. In a 20 mile search, I find 44 locations unfilled. Wouldn’t think that would look good for MC that they can’t staff the stores. :sad2: I’m wondering if demo people don’t like to work the weekend before Thanksgiving since the stores will be crazy.:headache:

I was 10 minutes late swiping in yesterday. :mad: The Progresso soup was on an end cap and the varieties and flavors were all mixed together. I had to go through hundreds of cans individually to find enough product for the demo. :headache: This took over 20 minutes to do. I asked the dept. manager beforehand if there was some in the back that would be boxed together and he said it was all on the shelf. Made a note on the report form about it. After finding enough cans to demo, I swiped in and then went back to find product to sell. Had 22 cans total of both varieties and sold all I had. :thumbsup2 Then I thought I bought 7 Yo-Plus, but the cashier only charged me for two. Didn’t notice this until I went to put my receipt away after I set up my table. I put other 5 back in the cooler and only used the two to demo. People were just grabbing it to give to their kids to keep them quiet so I didn’t put it out unless an adult consumer wanted to sample it. Hope next Sunday’s Progresso goes smoother.

LanaJae - Did you use your new Hot Pot yesterday for the Progresso? I used mine and once again, it was great. The Italian Style Vegetable did leave a reddish stain on the plastic so I'm going to leave my pot out in the sun today to see if that helps remove the stain. Other than that, glad I didn’t have to lug in the microwave.

We didn't get any of the Kroger events here... Wish we did, We have tons of kroger stores around.... That would be nice to pick up every now and then...
Oh well, hopefully soon some new events!!
Have a great week!!
Wendy

We didn't get any of the Kroger events here... Wish we did, We have tons of kroger stores around.... That would be nice to pick up every now and then...
Wendy

Do you have coffeemaker "checked" in your profile? I have it "checked" even though we don't own one. I figured I could pick up one cheap enough if I needed one.

I had the same thing happen with the Progresso soup and finding it yesterday! What a mess!! All of the soup was just thrown on and endcap, then they had another display of it. I had one heck of a time digging through it all. I didn't get swiped in until about 20 after because of it.

No Nuetrogena showed up in my area yesterday. And geesh I wish Kroger would come up here. It's the only grocery store in my town and of course it's never on there.

I had the same thing happen with the Progresso soup and finding it yesterday! What a mess!! All of the soup was just thrown on and endcap, then they had another display of it. I had one heck of a time digging through it all. I didn't get swiped in until about 20 after because of it.
I had the same problem. I clocked in about 10 minutes late because of it.
I was worried at first because there were only eight cans on the shelf, so was happy to find the end cap. But spending the time to pull it out was not fun. Trying to juggle all that soup to get to what you wanted took time.
I bought half the yogurt on the shelf, 6 packages, and ended up using it all. Used much more this time than last time, but it was just like kpauley said, people were just grabbing it to make their kids happy.

:rolleyes1 I was serenaded yesterday at my event!!!!:rolleyes1
This elderly man, who thinks he looks like Elvis, started singing (like Elvis) for me and another customer. The other customer was a young woman, and we both were stifling laughter. But we were both polite, even as he pointed out his leg action that was accompanying the second song! Thankfully he didn't know his songs very well, so they didn't last long.:laughing:

I had a similar issue with Progresso... they were all stuffed on an end cap & I was only able to find 2 of each variety.

I made the executive decision that it wouldn't be worth it to set up the Microwave for 4 cans of soup. So I just set them on my table to 'promote'. Within 10 minutes of me setting up some guy approached my table & I offered him yogurt or granola bar... he made the comment, no thanks but I would have liked some soup. Hope he wasn't an auditor!! But I did comment it on my report - they can dock me the microwave fee if they want!!!

I threw away more yogurt samples that I gave out.. not sure if it was because it was chunky but people would pick it up, look at it & then set it back down... into the trash it went!! Don't people think first!?!?!

Thank goodness for the granola bars, those flew off my table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter