Watch out for Ressies at RPH

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I just want to let you all know that today I had to call the Universal number to rearrange my days on a stay at RPH in December. While I had them on the phone I wanted to check on my ressies for Aug 1-6th.......when I gave them the confirmation number, the agent told me that someone had canceled them (she even had a cancelation number for it). She couldn't tell me when or why but she would have a supervisor call me back. When the supervisor called she said that one of their service reps "accidently" wiped them out!!! I never would have know if I hadn't called on another ressie. She appoligized & said she would do her best to get them back for me. She got me some of my days back but said I couldn't get the rate of $139 for the Club level. By that time my husband was very upset & wanted me to just cancel everything. The supervisor said that she would have to look into the rate with another supervisor & then call me back. She did call back & gave me the $139. If this is a clue as to what is to come with the "newness" of this resort, I am having second thoughts on staying here. I did go ahead & take Aug3-6 (originally was 1-6th) for the $139, but my husband still wants me to cancel the entire trip & just stay at Disney. I was doing this so I could have the FOL access & Club Level amenities.......for a great rate....:confused: :confused: :confused:

That is odd. I had two reservations....one at the RP and one for Hard Rock at 2 different times. Well, we finally made our decision and I called yesterday to cancel the RP reservation. She said it was already cancelled. It didn't make sense to me at the time...but maybe there is a real problem. My Hard Rock reservation was in tact though.

After reading these two post, I got concerned so I called to confirm my reservation for $139 a night, Club level, for 3 nights in August. Everything was in their system the same as the day I make the reservation back in January, thank goodness!! I started to think maybe they were trying to get out of honoring that great club level rate with the Fan Club Membership card.

Thanks for the heads up, it always pays to double check and I think I will call again come 30 days before we leave. I think these are big screw ups if they are deleting reservations, but I wouldn't be surprised if this happens often with new resorts when they book so far in advance.

RobinLyn :)

I called last night to pay for my stay in full. We are reserved for the end of August for 3 nights at Club Level $139. I was told it was for $289 a night and not $139 and that it never was $139. I told them I have my confirmation in my hand stating $139 a night. He said, "Whatever" it still is $289. I said, Get me a manager. Finally all was straightened out. It is a good thing I called or when I got there I would have beened billed $289 a night.

I'm going to call right now to recheck on my reservations, they already charged my card with the 1 night stay (which is half of my stay, only going to be there for 2 nights)!:confused:

I just called Loews (which is where I made my reservations from) and asked to reconfirm my reservations and they were intact! I explained to the operator what I had just read on these boards and she said she hadn't heard anything like that happening (but then would they??) I have always made my reservations directly from Loews Hotels and have never had a problem. Could that make any difference? Good luck to you all!

I called 1-800-UESCAPE (1-800-837-2273), this number was on the vacation planning video I received from Universal in the mail. Did anyone else use this phone number or did everyone call Loews directly?

RobinLyn :)

Elke....that is what they told me...the $139 never existed! I had to argue with her about having it to begin with( told her the same thing...I had my confirmation in my hand!). She insisted it never was that rate. I told her to look at my Thanksgiving ressie & she said she couldn't bring the rate up (that is $139 for Club also). After telling her that my husband said just to forget everything is when she said she would have to check with another supervisor for the $139. I think maybe they are trying to get out of honoring some of the $139 rate they have booked. If I argued & insisted I probably could have gotten my 5 nights back instead of the 3 they gave me, but my husband said just forget it. The woman I had to speak with was MaryBeth. My husband wants me to just hold the 3 days & cancel them 5 days prior to arrival to screw them the way they screwed us....but I really want to stay at that rate! I can understand his frustration, but me & the kids want to stay there. Oh forgot to mention....the other thing they said to me: My original was for 2adults & 3kids. They asked me if I needed a rollaway & I said no, we can make due with the 2 beds that I have my own airmattress. I was told that was fine. Well, when MaryBeth rebooked it for me she said that I may have to pay $25 for the rollaway wether I want it or not becasue there will be 5 in the room. That makes no sence to me. The max room occ is 5 why would they now charge me for my 5th person when they weren't before? Maybe cos I got the $139 rate for the Club Level????????:confused:

I'm sorry the same thing happened to you. It was extremely frustrating. You may be right, they are trying not to honor the $139 Club Level Rate. You and I both had the proof in our hands. I even offered to fax it to them at that moment and they kept saying it never existed. It is also ridiculous of them to want to charge you for a rollaway you do not want.

Don't cancel because of this. I know we will both enjoy ourselves even after this glitch. And, I doubt they will ever have Club Level at $139 again.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it made me feel better.

Elke

Hi,

Don't give in on the roll away charge. I called last week to check on this question and was assured that they allow 3 children and no roll away is required if we don't want it. I have spoken to the same lady twice now, (sorry I didn't get her name) and she is very, very nice. I called the 1-800-563-9711 on the back of my Loews first card. Everyone I have spoken with at Loews has been well-informed and professional. They even knew about the $139 fan club rate when I called because I was trying to get it after they had quit offering it. I did not succeed in getting it but they knew what I was talking about!

Maybe it's the Universal employees making all these mistakes? Your experiences sound awful, but don't give up that rate. It is a once in a lifetime rate!

Debbie

Debbie..... I think it is the Universal employess, it was there number I have been calling, not Lowes. I am also NOT going to pay for a rollaway that I don't want. For what they they have just done to me (and others) they should be offering me a FREE rollaway! And Elke I am gonna stay (my husband can go home by himself LOL) (At this point I was also thinking of calling Marybeth back & telling her that I WANT my 5 days that I originally had).....you are right that rate will never be seen again! We will have to wait & see if they mess up my Thanksgiving ressie at that rate too!!!!

I also reconfirmed my reservations today. Fortunately everything was correct in the computer. :p

I reconfirmed my ressies after reading this post. Everything is fine for my 2 night stay at PBH in Nov. I inquired about the confirmation sheet, and was told that it will be sent the 2nd week in Oct??? Does this sound right to anyone else?

Thanks-
Erin
:D

Mrsltg: Did you speak to Loews or the hotel directly? It seems that Loews sends out its confirmations a lot quicker than by the hotel directly. I got my confirmation about 2-3 weeks after I made them, I'm going in Aug. 1 and I got my confirmation in May! HTH;)

do you have to receive confirmation in the post ? i booked the HRH for 3-5 sept just last week so no confirmation yet but if it doesnt come dont i just need to check in with my confirmation no they gave me on the phone? also anouther question can you pay the balance of your room before check in or do you have to wait until check-out i know they said my credit card would be billed one night +tax right away i just havent checked that yet anyway any info would help thanks
margaret.

I just pre-paid the balance for my August trip. You have to call 407-503-9474. You have to have a form faxed to you. You fill it out and send a copy of your credit card (front & back). They send you a confirmation of paid either by e-mail or fax (you check what you want on the form) within 5 business days.

I called 800-711-0080 to reconfirm my Aug. dates, and they
advised me to call 800-232-7827. The second number was able
to pull my reservation up immediately. I have the $99 entertainment rate for 2 nights. I asked if I could upgrade to the
club level for $139 and she told me it was unavailable. I made
this reservation in March and have still not received a confirmation
letter--my credit card was billed for 1 night though! When I
inquired she informed me that you don't get your confirmation
letter until 2 wks before your reservation! I gave her my fax
number and she said it would be faxed to me within the next
2 wks--we will see!!!!!

I recieved my confirmation letter 4 days ago and will not be going until Sept!:p She did say it would not be sent out until the 2 weeks before my trip but I wont complain that it showed up in my mailbox early!

I just called 1-800-uescape and confirmed 2 rooms on club level for Aug 1-4. The woman I spoke with asked about the web site I had read this thread on so that they could look in to this. She said she had not had anyone except me call with this concern!! She at least seemed very concerned!

I have two rooms reserved for RPH in late Dec. They have already billed my card for one nights stay (2x). Has anyone been billed yet for a date after the summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter