WBC - Tower 2 - Installing WiFi today

tsouth

Mousehouse Lover
Hi. Currently at WBC in Tower 2. Woke up to some minor construction in the ducts in the hallway. When we were heading out, saw that the duct work was being done by a cable company. Upon our return, they were wrapping up. I inquired about what they were doing. He told me they were installing wireless Internet. It should be available in a couple of days. I'll keep you posted if it comes up while still here.

T.

Rosebud, why is Tower 2 your favorite? I'm going to WBC at the end of July and can't decide which tower I'd prefer.

Rosebud, why is Tower 2 your favorite? I'm going to WBC at the end of July and can't decide which tower I'd prefer.

I agonized for MONTHS over which tower to request. A lot of people on here seem to prefer 6 and 5, specifically a fireworks view in those towers. The only problem with that is that you don't get a view of the lake if you want to view the fireworks from there. I think people like 6 because it's new, it's close to the pirate slide, it has it's own activity desk (and shuttle stop I think?) and because of wi-fi (other towers are getting that installed now).

Towers 4, 5, and 6 are on the left side of the main building (if you're facing the lake with your back to the main building) are all very tall. During our 11 days, the pools around those towers were much more crowded than the pools near towers 1, 2, and 3. My son loved the pirate slide near 6 but the pool itself was small and super packed every time we went there! The chairs were a bit crowded together and it always seemed dark and closed in feeling. We ended up stuck in a 3rd floor room in Tower 5 for the first five nights. Had an awful view of the parking garage and a torn sofa. (I think they're replacing the sofas now so that shouldn't be a concern for you.)

Towers 1, 2, and 3 are to the right of the main building. They're only about 8 or 9 stories high instead of 15. Our room in Tower 2 was gorgeous. We had an amazing view of both the fireworks and the lake. (We were on the 5th floor. I'm sure the higher floors were even better.) This side of the resort just seemed way less crowded to me.

I didn't request a specific tower, just a lake or pool view on a floor other than ground. They couldn't/wouldn't accommodate my request at check-in, so we ended up moving into our extended family's room when the moved out!

The resort is not nearly as spread out as the pictures made me think. We often walked from pool to pool in a matter of minutes. You'll love it no matter where you end up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter