WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I’m so sorry if this was already explained, but I read through all of the information and am still unsure.

I’m wondering, can people with multiple reservations and tickets (in our case, APs) book for all of the trips we have reservations for all the way into 2021? Would the system allow us to reserve length of stay for each booking this far out?
@pangyal, I'm used to you having answers (from the ROFR thread), not questions - this really threw me :rotfl2:

I’m so sorry if this was already explained, but I read through all of the information and am still unsure.

I’m wondering, can people with multiple reservations and tickets (in our case, APs) book for all of the trips we have reservations for all the way into 2021? Would the system allow us to reserve length of stay for each booking this far out?

From my reading, yes.

This makes total sense to me. since tickets are date based, they need to know which days are "sold out" before selling new tickets. I still think they could have rolled in out in phases over say, the next couple of weeks instead of a total free for all on Monday.
Since the world has been turned on its head, maybe we now live in a world where Disney IT can handle anything?

Ok got some info
As we know park hopping will not be an option but people are allowed to leave the park and come back to the same park later
Also the system opens at 7am for booking you can use the app or website
No word yet on how many reservations an AP can hold but people with a resort reservation can book for the number of days they have tickets (length of stay) so it will behave just like getting fps
THANK YOU!!!

:thanks:

Not sure which thread to post this on. I have DVC reservations for April 2021. My AP was due to expire August 17, 2020, so my 60 day renewal window opened yesterday and I was planning to renew. It looks like they extended my expiry date to December 12, 2020 sometime today before the Park Reservation announcement. Now I am being told by MDE tech support (after a two hour wait) that I can't renew my AP until October so my tickets won't cover my April 2021 stay and now I can't make Park Reservations for that stay. Currently on hold for a supervisor but not very hopeful. Any suggestions?
After asking for a supervisor (total hold time 4 hours) I was connected with a very helpful CM who was able to get it fixed! Was able to buy DVC renewal vouchers and attach them to MDE. When I activate them my expiration date will be December 2021. The renewal vouchers will allow me to make the April 2021 Park Reservations despite my current AP expiration of December 2020. If anyone has this problem call 407-566-4985 option 4 ticketing - this was ultimately handled by ticket services escalation so ask for a supervisor if CM can't help you off the bat. Good Luck!

That's what I was expecting as well. An initial opening for this summer - and then 60 days. But wouldn't it have been prudent to include that detail in the announcement? That also wouldn't provide "priority access" to current reservations, with new reservations opening on 6/28.
Our trip isn't until mid-Sept but we got the email this afternoon telling us, "Since you’re an existing ticket holder with a Disney Resort or other select hotel reservation, we’re giving you access to the Disney Park Pass system beginning June 22. "
I would hope that if we don't have access to reservations until later they would have given a different date in the email or said something like "Beginning 60 days out, you will have access to...."
I hope I don't waste a whole lot of adrenaline immediately prior to 7am on Monday! I'm having a visual of me, getting a message that reads, "We're sorry. Come back later when the dates of your stay will be available" and then me, collapsing to the ground like a deflated pool toy! 😱

@rteetz have you heard about the need to have an MDE for every single person of your family? Was watching Pete and he says everyone needs to have one
at 20:13
I feel stupid asking but better to know NOW and not find out too late so... here goes..... We have an MDE account. (have had from when they first introduced it). We (family) are all listed individually by name (and our tix) on that account BUT we don't EACH have individual MDE accounts.
So are we OK? or do each of my adult kids have to create their own "individual account"?

I have a resort reservation at Dolphin with tickets linked for 2 out of the 3 of us. I got an email from the hotel today with an "URGENT" message about the new park pass system. But no where in the email did it say anything about making park reservations on Monday. I'm so glad I follow these threads or I would have had no idea that I needed to do anything on Monday!

I have a resort reservation at Dolphin with tickets linked for 2 out of the 3 of us. I got an email from the hotel today with an "URGENT" message about the new park pass system. But no where in the email did it say anything about making park reservations on Monday. I'm so glad I follow these threads or I would have had no idea that I needed to do anything on Monday!

You realize you will not be able to book for the third since they have no ticket. You will have to add them when they start selling again...

I feel stupid asking but better to know NOW and not find out too late so... here goes..... We have an MDE account. (have had from when they first introduced it). We (family) are all listed individually by name (and our tix) on that account BUT we don't EACH have individual MDE accounts.
So are we OK? or do each of my adult kids have to create their own "individual account"?

You will be fine. You don't need individual MDE accounts; you just need everyone to be listed in MDE. Just like when doing FP and ADRs. You just need to be able to select the people from your friends & family.

You realize you will not be able to book for the third since they have no ticket. You will have to add them when they start selling again...
Yes, and I am so sad about that. I wish I would have had a heads up about ticket sales being paused. I was out of town for a few days (and not checking Disboards) and that is when the news hit that no more tickets would be sold. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a third ticket before our trip. But even if I do, there is no guarantee I'll be able to get the same park reservations. So frustrating!

Yes, and I am so sad about that. I wish I would have had a heads up about ticket sales being paused. I was out of town for a few days (and not checking Disboards) and that is when the news hit that no more tickets would be sold. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a third ticket before our trip. But even if I do, there is no guarantee I'll be able to get the same park reservations. So frustrating!

It caught us all off guard. Also, I don't think most of us thought that the park reservations would be for everyone for the next 15 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter