WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I've just read they are getting rid of complimentary magic bands, and promoting their wonderful improved app technology. That's all very well for those who have US mobile phone contracts, but for those of us from abroad, we'll have to pay for expensive data roaming to access the app when on the bus or out of wifi range. Was this planning to happen before COVID-19? This is the first I've read about it.

Ok, I played the phone CM roulette, and these are the "answers: that I got to the questions I had. Of course, this could all be completely made up, because, you know, CMs say any old thing.

When will the park reservation system go live? Per the CM I spoke to, they will start uploading the system beginning at 11pm ET on Sunday 6/21, and will have to do testing etc. so they don't have an exact opening time. It could go live as early as midnight on Monday 6/22, or it could be at 3am, or it could be at 7am. So I guess I won't be sleeping. NOTE: I recognize that yulilin3 was told it would definitelybe 7am. So I honestly have no idea which CM is right but I promise that I am just telling you exactly what I was told by the phone CM I spoke to.

I have the water parks and sports add on. Tell me something about water parks! Anything! (she told me nothing): Per the CM, they have not yet made a decision on when water parks will be open. She said it could be July 11 or July 15, or sometime else. Again, don't let this give anyone false hope: I am assuming they are closed, but right now the phone CMs can't/won't say that.

Package modifications on Monday, what modifications are allowed? Per the CM, they will only be allowing you to either remove park hopper/park hopper plus and add/remove single-park ticket days. No modifications to length of stay or resort will be allowed at that time.
CM roulette lol...love it and so true...thx for sharing what you were told :)

I have some questions (Don't we all?) about this Park Entry Reservation System.

1. You can only reserve ONE Park Entry per day. (Park Hopper and Annual Passes, tough luck.) BUT, do you think they will allow people to go into a 2nd park, later on during the day, once crowds start to fall off? Perhaps in the evening? What is everyone's opinion?

2. In the past, they would let you into a park early, if you had a Dining Reservation at a restaurant in that park, for Breakfast. What if you don't have a Park Reservation for that day for that park? Do you think they will still let you in? I am hoping they will let you into ANY PARK where you have a confirmed Dining Reservation, so long as it is within one hour of the Dining Reservation, whether it is morning or evening. What do you think?

I was wondering the exact same!! Depends on the cancellation policy, like if you can cancel, say, up until noon, could someone who had already been at a park that AM head to a different park if a res became available?? and if the system is even going to allow you to book a second one or if it will react like fast passes do when you try to book two tier 1's or something, for example.

Tech/Crash issues aside because that is a different situation, am I the only one who isn’t very worried about Monday. Each individual is only completing with people who have resorts reservations and tickets for the exact same days you are staying. Since AP only people and other groups are excluded seems like they people booking on Monday 6/22 really isn’t that large and that’s assuming everyone knows they have to do this.

I also agree with @GADisneyDad14 that I think people are overestimating the demand and view these boards as a whole not a small slice of the population

Tech/Crash issues aside because that is a different situation, am I the only one who isn’t very worried about Monday. Each individual is only completing with people who have resorts reservations and tickets for the exact same days you are staying. Since AP only people and other groups are excluded seems like they people booking on Monday 6/22 really isn’t that large and that’s assuming everyone knows they have to do this.

I also agree with @GADisneyDad14 that I think people are overestimating the demand and view these boards as a whole not a small slice of the population

Same I actually think it will be fine. They are only letting you do it from the website and like you said it's only going to be those with resort hotel reservations and tickets/AP for that stay. We are booked for next April/May so I think they won't have that many people other than DVC/International guests that have been able to book 2021 so far. If you compare it to when FP/Dining opens they will have fewer people than that going on to book I believe.

i am unclear about how far out from your trip that you can make park reservation. Does anyone know? We have April 2021 trip booked.

i am unclear about how far out from your trip that you can make park reservation. Does anyone know? We have April 2021 trip booked.

Yes you can book. The email and blog etc say you can book Monday. It's anyone with a reservation and tickets before Sep 26th 2021.

Can I just check if anyone knows this answer or is in the same situation.
I'm due to come in Oct and my tickets are showing on MDE. I haven't fully paid off my trip yet, only deposit so far - can I assume I'll be able to make the reservations on the Monday or do I need to pay it fully off first?

Can I just check if anyone knows this answer or is in the same situation.
I'm due to come in Oct and my tickets are showing on MDE. I haven't fully paid off my trip yet, only deposit so far - can I assume I'll be able to make the reservations on the Monday or do I need to pay it fully off first?

Paying for your whole trip is irrelevant for booking reservations :) as long as you have valid park admission AND a linked stay at an eligible resort, you can book Monday!

Last edited:
this might've been mentioned, but I can't find it. I have 8 nights booked in August. Can I make 8 days of reservations, or 9? ie does it include check in day AND checkout day? TIA!

Ok, information is starting to roll out, this is good. Now the last piece of the puzzle for me is my resort reservation at Pop. Just need to know if I will have a place to stay!

I got tired of the uncertainty and paid only $100 more to stay at the Dolphin for the same length of time! Booked through Priceline.

I got tired of the uncertainty and paid only $100 more to stay at the Dolphin for the same length of time! Booked through Priceline.
The Dolphin is a great choice. While the skyliner has its fans, it’s even easier to just walk or boat to EPCOT and DHS. Enjoy!

So no Epcot and Hollywood Studios Passholder Previews?

Why is that do you think?
CM previews for dhs and epcot are going on 13th and 14th so no time for any other preview

I've just read they are getting rid of complimentary magic bands, and promoting their wonderful improved app technology. That's all very well for those who have US mobile phone contracts, but for those of us from abroad, we'll have to pay for expensive data roaming to access the app when on the bus or out of wifi range. Was this planning to happen before COVID-19? This is the first I've read about it.
You can get a key to the world card, like before. It might've been in place already and they just decided to launch now. Buses now have wifi btw

CM previews for dhs and epcot are going on 13th and 14th so no time for any other preview

You can get a key to the world card, like before. It might've been in place already and they just decided to launch now. Buses now have wifi btw
Is the magic band rumor true? Are they done? It seems silly because they were basically contactless

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter