WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Attention APHolders
just got this email
Dear Valued Passholder,​
As the Walt Disney World Theme Parks reopen, we look forward to welcoming back our cherished Annual Passholders with a continued focus on delivering a magical experience. As we evolve this new system, we will be looking for ways to fine-tune and for opportunities to increase reservation availability for you.

We are excited to share that starting Thursday, July 16, additional Disney Park Pass reservations will be offered to Annual Passholders for select dates in July and August at Magic Kingdom® Park, EPCOT® and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. Please note that this additional Disney Park Pass reservation availability does not reflect an increase in Park attendance, which remains limited during this reopening period. Check here for the latest availability.

Also, Annual Passholders staying at select Disney Resort or other select hotels with valid Theme Park admission are eligible to make Theme Park reservations for each day of their resort stay(s), in addition to holding up to 3 days of Theme Park reservations at a time on a rolling basis. Once you use a Theme Park reservation, you can make another reservation for a future date.​
Updates on options to manage your pass
We recognize that Park reservations will change the way that many of our Passholders use their pass. With that in mind, in June, we shared that Annual Passholders will receive a one-month (30 days) extension to their pass. This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in their My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.

If you prefer, you can cancel your pass and receive any applicable refund in lieu of the additional month. Please note this option can be selected now through August 11, 2020 by clicking on your personalized link. You can also call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at 407-939-7277 for assistance on any individual concerns. We anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

We hope these latest updates help to make your experience a magical one.

Hope to see you real soon!​

I am getting so tired of spending thousands of dollars to be a pass holder and not getting any of these emails.

Does anyone know what time the system will open for AP's tomorrow? How many more than 3 reservations will be allowed?

Disney picked up the basketball and soccer ball, but dropped the ball on their "most cherished guests."

I hope that they understand that this business model will not sustain them.

How many more than 3 reservations will be allowed?
I think you are still only allowed to hold 3 reservations at a time (unless of course you have a resort stay), I believe they are just redistributing open availability from a different reservation group (likely regular ticket holders with no resort stay).

Reports are that Ratatouille's "Opening Summer 2020" banner has been removed, making some question if it's also been delayed.

I honestly don't think there's any question. Construction and renovations have all been put to a halt. If Spaceship Earth is delayed, new rides won't be constructed. It's only common sense.

I honestly don't think there's any question. Construction and renovations have all been put to a halt. If Spaceship Earth is delayed, new rides won't be constructed. It's only common sense.
Well, except for Rat was nearly done, SSE had not even started demolition. GotG and TRON are steaming ahead. Other parts of the EPCOT reno are also getting back on track. Rat is going to open soon, just a question of when, not if. Some had speculated that "when" could be at EPCOT reopening but that does not seem to be the case.

Sorry for the thread-jack. This really needs to be in "news and rumors".

As a safety precaution, can you take a quick photo of the ride picture using your phone and key the number into the Photopass system later if it doesn’t show up?

I wouldn't see why not. I think all of the rides with monitors showing the photos also have a mb scanner. That could result in the photo being added to the account twice though.

I wouldn't see why not. I think all of the rides with monitors showing the photos also have a mb scanner. That could result in the photo being added to the account twice though.

My son scanned his MB on Monday at Space Mountain. The photo didn’t show up until sometime today.

Did they show up yet? I wonder if manually scanning for mask-compliance takes time.
The video for 7DMT did randomly show up last night but that is it. Everyone is wearing masks in the video. Ive made a list so far of everything that hasn't shown up and I'm going to email them tonight about it.

So, are there any photopass rides where they are able to social distanced and have two "families" in one picture? Like ToT?? So if some (insert bad word) takes their mask off, I don't get my picture? Grrrrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter