WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

One that we've known for a while, one that we had an inkling and a surprise https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...pe-and-rivers-of-light-permanently-closed.htm
I must be one of the few that is really going to miss RoL

Oh no! I never got to see RoL. On our last trip, my boys were more into refreshing for additional Everest FPs, so we didn't see it. I was hoping it might open back up this fall so I could go with DD. I thought that since RoL and F! are seated open-air shows, Disney could pretty easily bring them back with social distancing implemented - much easier to do in an amphitheater than for the fireworks shows where people stand wherever they can find space.

Is Tom Sawyer Island open? I know it’s on the list but wanted to be sure or start preparing DS if not.

Noooooooo! I loved RoL!!! In an even more unpopular opinion, I hope they temporarily bring back Jungle Book Alive with Magic. :duck:

I know, I know, everyone else hated it, but I thought that cast was so talented!
I actually liked JBAWM better than ROL! :)

LOVED the Cast!

They should bring the boat with the Band on it into the ROL Theater and do some shows for Guests(with a CM stationed there to insure Guests sit social distanced.

So, are there any photopass rides where they are able to social distanced and have two "families" in one picture? Like ToT?? So if some (insert bad word) takes their mask off, I don't get my picture? Grrrrrr

I hadn't thought of that. That would stink. Maybe they can blur out the face of the unmasked people? You can always put a sticker over them for your copy.

What worries me about things like RoL is the longer term impact on DAK closing time. You don’t have to go back that far to find a time when DAK routinely closed at 5pm and 6pm. That had pretty much been a thing of the past in more recent times. Seems like we might be in for a return to those times on a more routine basis longer term, even beyond COVID. Until demand returns.

What worries me about things like RoL is the longer term impact on DAK closing time. You don’t have to go back that far to find a time when DAK routinely closed at 5pm and 6pm. That had pretty much been a thing of the past in more recent times. Seems like we might be in for a return to those times on a more routine basis longer term, even beyond COVID. Until demand returns.
I think Pandora and The Awakenings will ensure the longer hours when everything returns to normal.

One that we've known for a while, one that we had an inkling and a surprise https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...pe-and-rivers-of-light-permanently-closed.htm
I must be one of the few that is really going to miss RoL
This is incredibly sad. I know it isn't a popular opinion, but we loved ROL when we got to see it for the first time last year.

Never got the chance to try Primeval Whirl. On our first visit the kids were too short so we didn't bother. Next trip the ride was closed when we were there.

Cannot say we will miss stitch.

I wish they would bring back the Mickey's Jungle Jammin' parade - that was my favorite!

Hopefully this is the right thread for this question. What kind of social distancing is in place on Star Tours? Thanks
I don't have firsthand knowledge, but saw a report that there is a plexiglass piece in one two seats per row to divide parties.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked JBAWM better than ROL! :)

LOVED the Cast!

They should bring the boat with the Band on it into the ROL Theater and do some shows for Guests(with a CM stationed there to insure Guests sit social distanced.
I think the safety of the band in one location on the boat is the challenge with this.

Three things: 1. Why would Disney close a ride as large as P.W. without plans to replace it. I mean it takes up a huge area. Will they just put big bushes/trees and fences around it to try and hide it. Why not just keep it open until they can afford to replace it. Seems crazy to me.
2. Does anyone else feel like Disney should’ve blocked off two seats in between parties on Soarin instead of just one? I saw the picture of the plexiglass booster seat & thought to myself it doesn’t seem enough distance. JMHO.
3. What are everyone’s thoughts on HS since it opened? I’ve seen reports of over crowded areas. Does it seem safe?

Three things: 1. Why would Disney close a ride as large as P.W. without plans to replace it. I mean it takes up a huge area. Will they just put big bushes/trees and fences around it to try and hide it. Why not just keep it open until they can afford to replace it. Seems crazy to me.

It was down for maintenance a lot even before COVID and I've seen rumors that they were having trouble getting replacement parts for it, so I think it just became too much of a problem to be able to keep it running and being tight on money right now probably just sealed the deal on something that likely wasn't too far off anyway.

The last time I rode it last year, I had already decided I wouldn't ride it again - it was just too jarring and uncomfortable and the car I was in didn't even spin well, so it just wasn't going to be worth it to me.

I would really love to see that whole "roadside attraction" area get replaced along with that ride when they start doing new projects again in (presumably) a few years.

My kids loved this ride, such a goofy twisty ride that seemed to pull you in every direction without giving you the spins. It will leave a hole and that Dinoland USA area needs some help. I love AK and all of the trails and shows, but it could use more second tier attractions that kids enjoy as it is.

2. Does anyone else feel like Disney should’ve blocked off two seats in between parties on Soarin instead of just one? I saw the picture of the plexiglass booster seat & thought to myself it doesn’t seem enough distance. JMHO.

I have seen they are also only doing one seat open between guests on Flight of Passage (no plexiglass) and I agree only one seat separating guests isn’t enough space. They need at least two empty spots between guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter