WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Airports are definitely our issue. MCO was bad enough, but we had a layover in Dallas and at least 25% of people NOT wearing a mask. And where Southwest has been really good about enforcing it in other flights we’ve taken, they aren’t doing so good on this one. Have seen many board with no mask or below nose. Definitely felt safer at Disney ....

Airports are definitely our issue. MCO was bad enough, but we had a layover in Dallas and at least 25% of people NOT wearing a mask. And where Southwest has been really good about enforcing it in other flights we’ve taken, they aren’t doing so good on this one. Have seen many board with no mask or below nose. Definitely felt safer at Disney ....
What was it like in MCO?

Social distancing was pretty non- existent During security but at least most people had masks. Seating was ok

Just got back from Epcot. Almost everyone was seating while eating, only a few people wanted to walk and eat but were promptly told to sit. It was actually a really great day! Also, walking out to go back to the Skyliner we went through world traveler, I found the Orange Bird ears for the flower and garden festival. I’m 100% an avid gardener and I’m even going to school with a minor in horticulture, so finding these ears was so amazing. Last one on the shelf, felt like a miracle. Little do I know, a cast member declares ‘Where did the ears go?’ Another woman says ‘She has them.’ Then he turns to me and says, ‘Young Lady, you have the last pair of orange bird ears in the entire park.’ If he could have seen my mouth open under my mask, it was almost to the floor😂 It just felt like a lil Disney magic today, especially since I busted my knee and was in a brace walking around Epcot in this heat. Can’t wait for HS tomorrow!

So now that Disney has instituted the policy of not taking masks off while walking how about the masks with flaps for being able to put a straw in your mouth while still having your mask on?

So now that Disney has instituted the policy of not taking masks off while walking how about the masks with flaps for being able to put a straw in your mouth while still having your mask on?
The policy is you can't eat or drink while walking, you have to stand or sit to the side, when your done you can continue walking so masks with flaps won't help you

The policy is you can't eat or drink while walking, you have to stand or sit to the side, when your done you can continue walking so masks with flaps won't help you
I bought these to use on the airplane so we can keep masks on. I will bring straws. Then we will wear regular masks when done drinking.

I bought these to use on the airplane so we can keep masks on. I will bring straws. Then we will wear regular masks when done drinking.
Just follow the guidance of Cast Members. If they ask you to stand to the side while drinking, just continue to do that in the future and don't keep trying to get away with it. The less work we adults make the cast members have to do to enforce the rules, the better experience everyone will have.

I will have to leave my coolibar mask at home...darn. Blackburn UV Mask UPF 50+

• Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
  • Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
    • At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
    • Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
    • The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

Now that Disney caught one loophole dealing with the masks and eating or drinking is there a policy for the masks with little flaps that you can put a straw through and not take your mask off?

Now that Disney caught one loophole dealing with the masks and eating or drinking is there a policy for the masks with little flaps that you can put a straw through and not take your mask off?
You already posted about this. Please don't start another thread on it. The rule is clear, I'd type drinking you have to stop and do so, not while walking

Sorry that this was double posted. I did not realize that it was moved to a more appropriate place and thanks for that. I was only looking at the spirit of the rule so I wasn't sure if the flap satisfied the issue of taking the mask off. Wasn't trying to short cut the system, just looking for a solution.

I guess we can all have different takes on this and that's OK, but I kind of laugh when I see loophole or other ways to describe it. Seemed like common sense to me, you go off to the side, have your water or Mickey Bar, then get going again. I enjoyed my La Cava margarita just fine walking around World Showcase....get out of the main walkway, have a few sips, re-mask, carry on - seemed pretty simple. To each their own I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter