WDW: What types of pins have you found on CM lanyards lately

hopemax

Note to Self:
To go along with my prior question about which LEpins are available, what kind of pins have you traded with CM's lately.

Last year I was able to get a lot of hotel and attraction pins and other WDW rack pins. Are those types of pins still pretty easy to find or is the selection more pins that were sold elsewhere? I'm hoping to find stuff like the non-dangle hotel est. pins, and newer rack pins from the pin events (so I don't have to buy them :) )

So what do you think my chances are?

3 1/2 days and I'm hyper!

Hi Hope!

I got back on May 17 and I did not do as much lanyard walking as I have done in the past due to the heat!

But what I did find were mostly character pins. Not alot of attraction or current rack pins. Now I DID find some but they were not as prevelant as I had hoped ;)

Some of the pin carts have a book to trade from. Actually I was able to find some nice things in the books. Maybe I was just lucky.

Have fun!!!!

Debbie

We just left WDW on Tuesday. This is what I can remember seeing on CM lanyards and in pin cart trading books:
Flex pins (this quarter mostly, some from last quarter)
Each of the pins from the four park set
Each of the pins from the DAK safari hat set
Largo '89 character pins (brass & silver)
A few DCL pins
Many rack character pins: Lumiere, Sebastian, Goofy Golf, Pooh Golf, Tigger w/Black Nose, tiny Minnie, tiny Mickey
Mickey & Minnie Pin Traders
Many rack attraction pins: Food Rocks, Rockin Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Space Mountain
Some resort pins
DVC 2000 CM
Many Millenium pins (these are selling for $3.99 at the Disney outlet stores)
Some DL attraction pins

Maybe we were never in the right place at the right time, because we only found a few special pins on lanyards.

Hope this helps.

Robyn, we were at WDW in mid-May & found about the same pins you did recently. We were able to collect almost all the Snow White & Seven Dwarfs pins - both standing & what we call "face pins." Does anyone have any Dopeys for trade?

I've must've been luckier than most. I found a 2000 cruise line pin, a brass ship disney wonder pin, a LE Mickey Marathon pin, a LE Soap Opera Convention pin, a couple of WDCC pins, and a few other LE pins and CM pins. I saw tons of last years' LE pins on landyards (grad pooh, cindi's coach, baseball minnie, pooh easter, prince and princess series, to name a few--I didn't get them because I had them). So just when you don't think you'll ever see anything good on a landyard, something pops up. Of course, first thing in the morning is always the best time to look. BTW, we were there the first 2 weeks of May.

There are Disney outlet stores in Orlando in two of the Belz outlet centers, and (I think) in at least one other outlet center too.

There is also a Disney outlet at the Belz outlet center in St. Augustine, FL (about 2 hours north of Orlando, right on I-95) and in Hilton Head, SC.

Since we usually drive (OMG! 900 miles/14 hours) to Orlando, we always stop at St. Augustine for breakfast and Disney shopping at the outlet. That is where we saw the Millenium pins for $3.99.

Eeyore's Pal, do you stop at the Disney Outlet in Potomac Mills, VA too!!

Hi Hope, Ill give you a tip that worked real good for me.
When we were there in Jan. if you go to the gift shop at Toon Town look for the managers. They will have the best pins because not to many people go there to look at lanyards. We also had real good luck at Rockin Rollercoaster's gift shop.
Good luck, have fun.
Kris:smooth:

n2mm,

The Potomac Mills store is actually a catalog outlet. Up until about a year ago, they never had any parks merchandise. Now they occasionally have some parks stuff, but still mostly catalog and TDS merchandise.

That store is an hour from my house, and that's with absolutely no traffic! I only make the trek down there a couple of times a year, usually when they send me a coupon as incentive.:cool:

The Disney outlets at the Belz malls are about 90% parks merchandise. I've found there Wilderness Lodge shirts, DVC hats, Tower of Terror sweatshirts, etc. None of the discounts are applicable (DVC, DC, AP), but the prices are usually less than 50% of retail.:)

We did pretty well last week off of the cast lanyards! We found:
Haunted Mansion Dangle
Mickey For President
Inauguration Pin
3 Small World E-Tickets
A half dozen WDW PTP's

then I woke up :smooth: :smooth:

We still did have some pretty good finds.. we got Newsman Mickey
a PI NY cast pin
part of the WDW Xmas CM set
Grad nite 2001
a few of the MGM and AK event pins
TDL 18th Anniversary

There were a lot of others but my memory is still a little fuzzy.. Painkillers are fun :) (JEFF.. no comment needed from Arizona :rolleyes: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter