"We Expect It's Coming Real Soon"!!

I NEED a code, I really NEED a code, BAD!!!!!!!!!Hoping its for a deluxe too!!!!!
Just like "grannyminnie "I'll go whenever there is a great code!
Lurking on the boards promotes Disney-itis!!!!!!!!!!

Someone just posted a new thread stating they received an e-mail from Disney Destinations. Included dates from March to May. Look up a few posts from this one!

I just called them again....
"There is a new offer for your dates in April being made available but only with a private e-mail or post card mailing...it is for Free Park Hopping and Water Parks along with a package discount" however "If you do not get the post card or e-mail sir, you are not entitled to the offer, you must have a private PIN number" "There is nothing I can offer you at this time"

Crap!!!!! What if I don't get the offer? I guess it is not going to be made available to general public... What a $%&$ ARGHHH!

That stinks! :mad:

I'm thinking that they probably aren't going to mail out a pin to those of us that already booked. . .

Looks like the free park hoppers & water parks aren't going to be available to the general public this year. I can do without them anyway, I'd just like a discount!

I just called them again....
"There is a new offer for your dates in April being made available but only with a private e-mail or post card mailing...it is for Free Park Hopping and Water Parks along with a package discount" however "If you do not get the post card or e-mail sir, you are not entitled to the offer, you must have a private PIN number" "There is nothing I can offer you at this time"

Crap!!!!! What if I don't get the offer? I guess it is not going to be made available to general public... What a $%&$ ARGHHH!

:sad2: darn those pin codes! :mad:

will have a chance for a discount is buying annual passes and waiting for those deals.

This whole personal pin code marketing is making me furious. It's like Disney has found a legal way to discrimate. It's even wrong to me how some get a 40% code while others get a 30% or 20% code.

I booked a Vegas trip already for the Spring. I'm starting to look at other destinations for a winter vacation.

This whole personal pin code marketing is making me furious. It's like Disney has found a legal way to discrimate.

I agree!! This is our very first family WDW trip and they sure are not doing the right things to make us want to go again...Some people get a discount while others don't for the exact same trip? Sounds ridiculous to me!

How exactly is it discrimination? I understand its frustrating that some get discounts and others don't but if you look at the sample on this board alone you see that families, singles, couples, seniors, 30+ time visitors, 2nd time visitors, represented from multiple states have been selected to get codes. I've received discounts in the past but not this time. I'm not sure how you can say its discrimination....because there is such a broad spectrum of people receiving these codes.

At BC, what is the best standard room in your opinion to request? Someone suggested closer to "quiet pool"???Don't want a noisy area.....Thx.

not having any public codes. In the past, there were personal discount codes and I have received and used those codes myself, but those codes seemed to be in conjunction with other promotions offered to the public at the same time or close to it. In that way no one was left out. It wasn't all equal with the discounts given, but at least you had a pretty good chance of getting one. I still don't understand why one Disney guest deserves a 40% code, but the next one only a 20% code.

I think if you take a poll you will find this newest personal code seems more directed towards families. Disney realizes the room is part of the cost, but the better profits are made with park tickets, food, souvenirs, etc. They want the family more than anything else; because, these other factors are true money makers and the more heads being counted here the better it is for Disney. Disney has gone as far as doing family suites, now. You see their ads always geared in that direction. The perfect family has two adult parents and two children, a boy and a girl and it's almost always on display that way via the internet, newspaper, or TV. I saw more advertising years ago that showed all the audiences that frequent Disney World, not just family. I have nothing against family; I have one, as well.

If I really want to go to Disney World, I'll pay full price. It's not really the point, here. I have AAA; so, I'll never pay full rack price, anyway. I truly believe this latest campaign has aliented me from Disney. Now, I feel it's a matter of principal. I get a code or I don't go this year. This is just my feelings on this topic and I'm sharing them, here. You don't have to agree and I like hearing different slants to all the topics on the boards.

Here's a thought - why don't they just lower the prices for everyone? Then they could eliminate an entire department of staff that sits around figuring out how to make us keep jumping through all these hoops to have an affordable vacation at WDW, and we could just make our reservation and get on with our lives. But what would we do with all that extra time.....?;)

Here's a thought - why don't they just lower the prices for everyone? Then they could eliminate an entire department of staff that sits around figuring out how to make us keep jumping through all these hoops to have an affordable vacation at WDW, and we could just make our reservation and get on with our lives. But what would we do with all that extra time.....?;)

I think Disney gets an audience who pays full price more often than those getting any discount. They use the current, personal discounts to get their resorts above and beyond so-called, normal capacity when it moves them to do so. I don't think they would ever do a straight across the board discount. I think right now the resorts are at acceptable levels for Disney; so, there are no public codes. The tide always changes and I've been going to Disney World for over 25 years. I'll wait until it leans the way I like it. I paid full price in the year 2000, the Millenium bought Disney many full price resorts from beginning to end that year.

I sent an e-mail 2 days ago asking how come some people are receiving a special offer while others (including myself) are not? Is there anything I could do to improve my chances of getting an offer?

Here is the response...

"As you may be aware, the Walt Disney World Resort periodically
offers special resort programs as a courtesy to our guests; however,
some specific promotions also require a special PIN number to access.
These PIN numbers are mailed to randomly selected guests chosen from our
mailing lists. If you would like to be considered for future
promotions, you should update your member account on the My Disney Vacation
page on Disneyworld.com to improve your chances."

Needless to say, I've "updated" my account...doubt it will work but what the heck, it's worth a try.

:surfweb: Still Waiting

So I just called Disney to see if I had any PINs attached to my name. After a lengthy hold she came back to tell me that I have a 30% discount on any trips this year. Okay great, can it be applied to my May trip that I booked online??? After another hold, she comes back and says that it already was applied when I booked online. She said it is attached to my household and is applied when booking online. Who knew :confused3 ......

But still no FREE park hoppers & water parks upgrades. . .

So I just called Disney to see if I had any PINs attached to my name. After a lengthy hold she came back to tell me that I have a 30% discount on any trips this year. Okay great, can it be applied to my May trip that I booked online??? After another hold, she comes back and says that it already was applied when I booked online. She said it is attached to my household and is applied when booking online. Who knew :confused3 . . . I wondered why my trip didn't cost a whole lot more than last year and we are even staying an extra day! :goodvibes

But still no FREE park hoppers & water parks upgrades. . .

I am glad that you got one! I have one attached to my name but I can't use it for the dates I am going.

Just book our short graduation trip for May 5 -8th. No codes on my account :guilty:. The lady who took my reservation said to keep checking the internet...here's to waiting :yo-yo:

I call frequently also, but have been unsuccessful. Wouldn't it be a hoot, if there really were no codes coming out- just cm's betting on how many code calls/requests they can get per day?:lmao:

Oh well, here's to never giving up:surfweb: :worship:

I would love to get a 30% discount code. We are checking in August 29 and leaving September 6. I'd be happy with anything they feel the itch to throw in. Their are four of us going. Me, dh, dd(12) and dd(8). For 8 nights, park hoppers, water park options, dining plan, insurance, and taxes at a value resort the grand total comes to $3200. So I am definitely keeping fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter