Welcome to the RCCL forum

Just saw this new addition. I think it's a wonderful idea to add RCCL! Especially with DCL's new time restrictions on Onboard Bookings, it's time for us to start looking at other cruise lines since we like time to plan & cruise about every 2 to 3 years. Since we prefer to cruise in the Fall, DCL's new OBB policy, does not work for us. Thank you so much for adding RCCL, & maybe in the future we will see other cruise lines here as well. :thumbsup2

We've sailed on both cruise lines and love them both.

I just told my niece about this new forum; she's a DISer and also a wealth of knowledge about RCI since that's her favorite cruise line, and she cruises on them regularly, and has been on every one of their class of ships, with a cruise booked on their new Quantum class for next year. :)

Thanks, while I have only cruised DCL and will deff cruise again in 2014, I have looked more into other line Royal being one

Great idea and perfect timing - I'm booked to sail on the Adventure of the Seas from Southampton to the Norwegian Fjords next summer.

Chiming in here! Thank you for this board I am sure to make full use of it although haven't sailed on RCCL yet. :thumbsup2

oh man this comes at a really great time for me! my hubby and i want to do a cruise (we never have) and would like to do it for a week. nearly impossible for a family of five budget-wise (10,000!!!) and being teachers we can only do it in the summer. would love to hear from folk who have done both!

I am a teacher as well, but only had to deal with a family of 3. Keep searching for internet deals, and look for ports you can drive to. Right now I can find summer 7 night vacations for a little over 800 dollars a night per person for an inside cabin, and that does not figure in the savings for an extra person in the room.

Hi everyone,

Over the past few years, we've had a number of our visitors ask if we could add a forum to cover Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. However, in the last few months, we've received several requests for this forum. Our policy is to add topics to the DIS when enough interest warrants it, and while this is outside our normal 'discussion' on the DIS, I've decided to give this a try.

As someone who has sailed several times on RCCL, I'm excited to offer a space here on the boards to discuss the options available to those interested in cruising beyond Disney.

I hope you enjoy our new forum!

Thanks,
Pete

Welcome RCCL to the DIS! Nice to see another cruise line here!

I am excited too. We want to go during spring break 2015. I have no idea where or how to start looking into RCCL. Any suggestions of where to start? I might have my AAA agent start looking into some things for me.

We've sailed on both cruise lines and love them both.

I just told my niece about this new forum; she's a DISer and also a wealth of knowledge about RCI since that's her favorite cruise line, and she cruises on them regularly, and has been on every one of their class of ships, with a cruise booked on their new Quantum class for next year. :)

That would be me! :wave2: Yes, RCI is my absolute favorite cruiseline, and has been for years. I am hoping my awesome Aunt SeaSpray would join us next December on Quantum of the Seas! *hint, hint* :teeth:

That would be me! :wave2: Yes, RCI is my absolute favorite cruiseline, and has been for years. I am hoping my awesome Aunt SeaSpray would join us next December on Quantum of the Seas! *hint, hint* :teeth:

I'm glad you found your way over here! LOL

The the last few classes of Royal Caribbean ships have been too big for me to get around on.... LOL We definitely have to sail on the Explorer again though, I love that ship :)

If anyone is interested, here is my web page from my cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/ExplorerCruise2007.htm

We will miss explorer! Wish I had found out about her sooner. We cruised in march. It was great!

Yeah! My next favorite cruise line after Disney!

Platinum member here - one more 3 night RCCL cruise to get to the next level! Very Excited about this new forum. :)

Oh ah know! :(

It was great sailing out of NJ. :) The Quantum will be taking Explorer's place next year. That ship is just too huge. lol

We'll take her here in Florida! I so want to be on this ship....sky diving, bumper cars, roller skating and amazing new stateroom configurations! I hope her sister ship comes here. I loved the Allure! The more amenities the better for me and if that means a bigger ship, so be it. :)

We're doing Explorer's repositioning cruise (even though they changed the itinerary on me....boo!) and wait for Quantum's prices to drop. The new ship sounds amazing!

As a family that has sailed DCL 19 times, I recently sailed on the Freedom of the Seas. I would be happy to answer any questions!

Pete, can we get a sticky for the inevitable "Why would I sail RCCL when DCL is the best cruiseline in the world" threads (which have already started)? That way the actual forum could be for people who actually want to discuss & share information about RCCL cruising and not spent justifying the choice. Thanks!

Will anyone be sailing RCCL this January? We are!:banana:
I'm sailing Brilliance of the Seas in February.

Sayhello

Just popping in here to look around and say hello. :waving:

Val & I have cruised RCCL a couple of times now, most recently in late August on the Oasis. We will also be sailing on the 18-night repo cruise this April that John mentioned. We're really excited about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter