We're Back! Round #3 TR! Fun, Food and New Friends....

China!

I stopped by one the retail booths to buy my sister-in-law, Scarlett, one of those umbrellas. It was huge version of those little umbrellas you would find in a one of those fru fru drinks....who here likes those things???:confused3

It was time to head to the rice patties to work...

DSCN3354.jpg

We love China....here's some more pics...

DSCN3356.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg

DSCN3358.jpg

DSCN3359.jpg

DSCN3362.jpg

DSCN3361.jpg

I was doing good for awhile...I had some kids to watch me!

We had a few more minutes, so we stopped in Japan...

DSCN3365.jpg

Another one of our favorites!

DSCN3366.jpg

I like to watch the Pearl Girl....love when she hits the drums!

We had to go back home, but 1st a quick pin trade with this pretty girl...

DSCN3368.jpg

So, we headed back home to rest up and get ready for our date with 2 handsome boys from Orlando.....

I had to shower and dress. Jon was counting pins and organizing them. Rob called and said he was on his way with Scott. Oh boy my 1st DIS meet!

Jon finally got ready and we headed to the lobby to meet Rob and Scott...

This was a fun moment, getting to finally meet a fellow DISer....We all hugged like we have known each other for years....:hug: It was so great meeting Rob and Scott, such nice guys!

Rob and I started to talk about their wedding...Their big day was held at the BW.....we all just chit chatted on the walk over to World Showcase...We got our cards charged with funds and started the most entertaining evening at WDW....

Here we are in France....

DSCN3371.jpg

Jon and I were so THANKFUL for Rob and Scott! They are Food and Wine Pros....we loved it!!!! We had a blast with them 2...I kept saying to myself, they are going to think Im the biggest dork....I couldn't pronounce nothing on the menus......

DSCN3370.jpg

Here are the boys...and they were all in my pack....:cool1:

The evening was so much fun....good food and fun drinks....and great new freinds....

Now Im going to ask someone in the audience to help me out....volunteers anyone??? volunteers....???

DSCN3402.jpg

Yes, you...the local one. ;)

Feel free to jump in anytime...

We had snails in France and the fabulous drink..I can't remember the name of it, but I did give it name....

I can't remember the order of what we did. I didn't get pics...everything we ate was good! Very good...

Sushi in Japan....

There were these pot stickers in China that were yummy. I also had a drink from there...mango ginger something...

Greece was good...

Time for more drinks...

DSCN3373.jpg

It was so cool to meet Scott too and hearing about his show...;)

DSCN3405.jpg

I also got to meet Orlandomike! Jackskellington thanks you too! ;)

DSCN3403.jpg

We all planned on meeting again Saturday morning for another trip around the world showcase. There were some more booths to try! :banana:

Up next....Friday, the end is near.

Jon and I were so THANKFUL for Rob and Scott! They are Food and Wine Pros....we loved it!!!! We had a blast with them 2...I kept saying to myself, they are going to think Im the biggest dork....I couldn't pronounce nothing on the menus......We had snails in France and the fabulous drink..I can't remember the name of it, but I did give it name....

We had a great time with you, too!

We did NOT think you were a dork at all.

The drink is a Pomegranate Kir. Made by pouring Pama (Pomegranate liquer) into champagne.

The day before, we decided to check out Typhoon Lagoon so the plan for the day was getting up and head to DTD for breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express.

We took the bus over and we were dropped off at the Marketplace.

It was not busy at all at WGP Express....and breakfast was delicious!!! Mmmm so good!

I had the....

DSCN3406.jpg

Applewood Smoked Bacon Pizza - scrambled eggs, Niman Ranch Bacon, mozzarella and cheddar cheese and Ranch Dressing

Very good, Im not a eggs on pizza type of guy, but this was wonderful.

Jon had this...

DSCN3407.jpg

Denver, Denver - peppers, ham, onions, mushrooms, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses

He cleaned his plate and said this was fabulous....I did get to taste it and it was wonderful.....

We both got juice, Jon had his coffee and I had a soda.

After breakfast, we boarded one of the buses to Typhoon Lagoon. It was early so the buses were not full or busy. A CM that was driving a bus for CBR said she would be happy to drop us off at TL.

Tickets were purchased at the gate using our AP discount. We had chosen TL b/c of the set up. It looked shady and tropical. We were told Blizzard Beach was the place to go for the action and TL was more relaxed.

The park was not crowded at all! We got a locker with no problem and I had brought some pool tools from our resort so we were all set. We found a nice sandy area over by the wave pool. We had no problem getting chairs....

We imediately went exploring....

DSCN3425.jpg

My first reaction to this place...

Blue_lagoon_1980_movie_poster.jpg

Leave it to me for mentioning another 80's flashback.....

But I had my own version of Christopher Atkins....

DSCN3436.jpg

Hopefully this hunk of man would start spearing for fish and climb coconut trees to get me lunch....

DSCN3437.jpg

The park is themed so nice and it was like being on a tropical island. Lots of nice scenery!

DSCN3421.jpg

We did all the slides. I like how they are all hidden in the landscape. Well done Disney!

DSCN3422.jpg

DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3439.jpg

Most of the day was spent floating down the river...nice and peaceful!

What I like most is that you can board a inner tube at different areas and float to the other side...

DSCN3430.jpg

Loved the wave pool too! It made awesome waves....dude!

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

There was nice sandy beach area to chill and catch some FL rays...very nice!

DSCN3427.jpg

It was difficult to get one of us coming down from a slide...

DSCN3444.jpg

This was did hurt....ouch! Major wedgie!

My most favorite of all...

DSCN3420.jpg

Loved it! Jon skipped it so he could take pics. For the ones that do not want to swim with the fish, baby sharks...they can go down to the observation area.

DSCN3409.jpg

Looks like we are all at camp learning how to swim! LOL! Really, the CMs are great here and they give a lesson before you enter the water. Warning, you must be able to swim, the CM are just there to help you get settled into your gear and give rules. The water was really really cold and it was saltwater!

DSCN3411.jpg

The CMs in this area...hehe! Im sure they have see it all! There were so many people who decided to skip it once they got in the water. I admit, it was a little scary...but once I got going, it was very nice! The fish just swim around...you see the baby sharks and rays down at the bottom, they don't come for you or anything like that.

Off I went!

DSCN3412.jpg

DSCN3414.jpg

DSCN3415.jpg

DSCN3419.jpg

We really enjoyed a new Disney attraction! I want to try Blizzard Beach also...Typhoon Lagoon was great! We really had a great time.

Water Parks can wear you out and we left mid afternoon to head back home to rest a little.

Up next...YSH! MMMMMM BOY!

My daughter has a fascination for sharks and I've always wanted to take her to TL thinking it'd be a fun thing for her to do. Giving that we'll be going in February and you said the water is really cold I'll probably wait until our next trip. Did you need to sign up for this in advance? Was there an extra charge?

My daughter has a fascination for sharks and I've always wanted to take her to TL thinking it'd be a fun thing for her to do. Giving that we'll be going in February and you said the water is really cold I'll probably wait until our next trip. Did you need to sign up for this in advance? Was there an extra charge?

You can't go Rosie. :sad2:
It'd be too traumatic for the sharks.
Inhumane as it were. :rotfl:

Hey Roise!

I do get cracked up at you and Wally! :lmao:

You don't have to call in advance for this attraction. You just go and get in line like you do for everything else. They give you the snorkle and googles. And the water was really cold, but refreshing since it was in the 90s that day. It was fun! There was hardly any crowds that day so I did this a few times....the fish were beautiful too! Your daughter will love it!

DSCN3437.jpg

Such a cute couple. :)

(Yes, I deleted the comment I previously left in hopes of avoiding the Mod Squad. :rolleyes1)

After spending a wonderful day at Typhoon Lagoon, we went back home to rest up and get ready for dinner at YSH....Oh, I was so ready for this. We went back in July and loved it.

While Jon was getting ready, I took some pics from our balcony from the room that we were switched to.

DSCN3448.jpg

DSCN3449.jpg

DSCN3450.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg

Nice view of the Swan and Fish and the quiet pool area! We liked the location of this room, very close to the walkway to DHS.

Our ADR was at 530p, just as they opened. There were other folks waiting too and we were given our pager.

DSCN3453.jpg

Our server was not Ricardo. :sad2: It was okay. We had another server that was wonderful and we can't remember his name, but he was just as good!

Oh, this was so good...

The Bread....

DSCN3454.jpg

I love those onion rolls....mmmmmm boy!

The Butter....

DSCN3455.jpg

Jon and I ordered the same thing...

DSCN3456.jpg

DSCN3457.jpg

NY Strip Steak - 12-oz strip steak served with peppercorn brandy sauce and potato gratin with Diamond white cheddar

The best peice of meat that I have put in my mouth.....

We also got some shrooms.....

DSCN3458.jpg

We were in heaven....it was all so very good! To die for....

Dessert...

DSCN3460.jpg

A wonderful selection of chocolate...mmmmm! I can't remember what this was called and it's no longer on the sample menu DIS.

We strolled for a little while around the YC. Nice pool!

DSCN3462.jpg

DSCN3463.jpg

After that, we went to DTD, there was no parks opened late on this day so everyone decided to go to DTD, the buses were packed!

Jon and I split up for a bit. I had some Christmas Shopping to do. But 1st, it was time to go get me some rods...

DSCN3468.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

News Flash, the rods are not on the DP anymore. No one can use a snack credit on these anymore! Sad! However, they have new toppings! They do coconut now and they also have crushed Reese's Cups now....:woohoo:

They were wonderful! A great snack when we got back to the room!

I managed to go to the Pin Traders Store and purchase some Haunted Mansion LE pin sets for someone's Christmas present....I was unable to hide them so I went ahead and showed him. While I was getting Jon the pin sets, he was buying me a gift too!

A nice evening at DTD, very busy since no parks were opened late. The bus ride home was awlful. The bus was so packed for it was stopping at Swan, Fish, YC, BC, then BW.....it was nuts!

*Sorry for your Dolphin Fans, I call it a Fish b/c it does not look like a Dolphin.*

We got back to room to put away our DTD purchases and we went to the BW to visit Altanic Dance Hall...what a neat place! They were playing 80's music! We had a few drinks then went to buy funnel cakes for the girls at the front desk at BW. Our week was coming to a close and we wanted to thank them for being so nice to us throughout the week.

Up Next...more time at Food and Wine and MK.

Those two resorts technically aren't run by Disney anyway....so it's okay to poke fun at them. ::yes::

Those two resorts technically aren't run by Disney anyway....so it's okay to poke fun at them. ::yes::

Those two resorts should not even BE on Disney property if they are not Disney hotels -
but don't get me started. :headache::mad:

Those two resorts should not even BE on Disney property if they are not Disney hotels -
but don't get me started. :headache::mad:

I almost considered staying at the Dolphin last year. I'm glad I didn't. :rolleyes1

I agree it beneath us when he just puts them out there like that :snooty:

And he does it often...

I gotta ask...

Jeff, are you throwing these things out there on purpose or do I just have an ultra dirty mind?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter