We're going to DL for our Wedding anniversary!

gtrist4life

Choose wisely
Hello,

We’ll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel this October 22-26 for our anniversary. We’re bringing our kids DS10 and DD17 :grouphug: and I’ve got a couple of questions that I hope the regulars on this board can answer.

1. Are there any special Halloween events at either of the two parks?
2. For our Anniversary dinner which would you pick – Napa Rose, Blue Bayou, or Ariel’s in DCA?
3. We’re staying 4 nights arriving Sat. mid day and leaving Wed. morning. Which parks would you do on which days? (Thinking that maybe Saturday afternoon and evening we should hit a park due to special fireworks or parade only being scheduled then?)

Thanks in advance for your replies and suggestions.

Peace,
G4L

Congratulations on the anniversary trip.

Unfortunately there are no special Halloween activities other than a few decorations.

For an anniversary dinner, I'd say it depend on whether it will be just the adults, or the whole family. Adults only, go for Napa Rose. But if the whole family, then Blue Bayou. I've not been too impressed with Ariel's. Besides its a character meal, and not quite the atmosphere for an anniversary.

In Oct, you should be fine on crowds. Weekends will still be more crowded, but just follow the strategy of getting there first thing in the morning, plan on either an afternoon break, or spend midday in California Adventure, and you'll be fine.

1. The only type of Halloween thing is that the Haunted Mansion gets a Nightmare Before Christmas layover.

2. Ariel's (now Captain Mickey's) is a character meal and is often not open at dinner time, so I'd go for either of the other 2.

3. If you are interested in Fantasmic (assuming it's playing) you'll need to see it on either Sat or Sun. Same with the Electrical Parade at DCA.

Thanks for the replies. Don't know if for the dinner it will be just us two, or the whole family of four. We'll see.

Thanks again,
Peace,
G4L

Yay for you!

Lets see now

1. Only special Halloween event is on Halloween itself. But as iceskatejen stated, you are just in time for the holiday over-lay at Haunted Mansion which is way cool!

2. I'm not a big fan of Ariel's grotto so I would suggest Napa Rose for something a little more different and upscale than your regular themed food faire. It is a bit pricey mind you and the menu changes seasonly. But it is quite an experience and your kids seem old enough to sit down for a nice dinner. Blue Bayou is always a favorite of ours and Dinner there is a nice, but so is lunch! It feels like you are eating dinner because it is already themed night time AND the menu prices are cut in half. So if you think of Blue Bayou, maybe just go in for lunch, and have a fancy dinner at Napa Rose? Just a suggestion of course!

3. Saturday night is the only night during October to watch the Electrical Parade and Fantasmic. You can start over at DCA once you check in and watch the parade from the vantage point of the Golden Gate Bridge replica, then once it is over, go on over to DL to watch Fantasmic.

Hope this helps!

Congrats!

Have you considered the Fantasmic Buffet as a special treat for your anniversary? It is pricey,but might be a new and special way to celebrate.

Just a thought!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter