What age did your kids care about autographs?

We are going to Disney Tuesday with my DD who is two weeks shy of 3. I know that she will want to do character meet and greets but I have no idea if she'll want to do an autograph book. What age was your child when they started to care about getting autographs?

My kids like meet and greets especially character meals but the one time we bought a autograph book they didnt really care to get signatures from anyone. We had Photopass plus last trip and we all enjoy the pictures with the characters

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have 6 kids ages 2, 4, 6, 8, 13 and 15.
The older two don't care about the autographs so much at this point. The younger ones wouldn't bother if I didn't bother with it.

We go every year and always do the autographs for character meals and sometimes manage to get them at stops in the parks for character greets, but most of the time with 6 books we don't want to hold up the lines for that.

But my plan with the books is when they are older I am going to put their books from all our family trips in a treasure chest for each of them to keep as keepsakes. I figure as each child moves out I will give this to them to take with them.

So even though my older ones don't care about the autographs, I still do 6 books every year. I think they will enjoy having them when they are older.

My 4 and 6-year olds were really into it last time. We did a character meal every day so they could do meet and greets then and get autographs because I really did not want to waste time standing in meet and greet lines in the parks. That worked out well. The novelty wore off after the first couple of days. I think they looked at their autograph books a handful of times since we got home from our trip (that was 4 years ago).

I bought books and brought them with so I didn't have to spend the money at the parks.

Honestly, I really hope they are over that this time. Call me a party pooper, but it was a pain in the butt trying to keep track of their books and markers.

At 2.5, DS didn't get autographs. I never pushed it (because I'm not a fan) so I don't think he realized he could. He liked meeting the characters and getting his picture taken, but we didn't bother with actual autographs.

We went at the end of May when my son was 20 months old. On his own, he wouldn't be interested in autographs yet but we were with my niece (6) and nephew (10). My niece loved the autographs and my nephew was only interested in some. But my toddler adores his cousins and I knew he'd want to do what they did.

So I made him an autograph book to take. He did great with the characters, I was thrilled he wasn't afraid. Seeing the other kids and his cousins with characters helped. So did his love for Jake, Mickey Mouse and Pooh. I plan to put the autographs with the pics I got with my camera and/or Photopass in the scrapbook I've started of the trip.

My daughter got into it on our Disney cruise and the characters are so much more accessible. She was 4 (almost 5) but it has never been a big deal at the parks. She might be more interested at the parks this time around though.

My oldest (14 yo) still loves to get autographs, but she started at the age of 3.

My daughter noticed autograph collectors at SWW in June. She was six. She didn't notice on previous trips. When she said she wanted to start an autograph book, I told her no, that I didn't think she'd look at them ever again after the trip. She didn't argue with me. She looks at trip pictures all the time, but I won't support collecting autographs. We've gotten signed birthday cards at various character meals and those even haven't ever been looked at again after the meal, either.

DD started doing autographs at 2.5. She still likes to look back through the autograph books with the corresponding pictures and we can see how much she's changed over the years.

About 2 years ago, we started an autograph bag (sharpies are always in the pockets)...it's a WDW bag, one of the add on items with minimum purchase in a store. We continue to take it with us and get new autographs. At this point we are in search of the hard to find characters, but have just about everyone else. The characters LOVE it and enjoy seeing the bag. We've had some very memorable experiences getting their autographs because of it...like when Tink took a large area and made a really big deal about getting a bigger spot than Mickey. Then Vidia was very grouchy that she didn't get a front spot that was bigger than Tinks!

We all love the bag. Even with the hot cocoa stain from a spill while dancing during Move It Shake It parade at DHS! Think outside the box and the characters will interact a lot more. I was going to attach a picture, but can't figure out how to do attach one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter