What better way to grieve than to do it in WDW? - PTR/TR November 2015 Trip - Completed 12/7/15

Sorry I've been so absent but it looks like you had a wonderful time and got some disney magic when you needed it most! :) love hugs and pixie dust to you!

Thanks so much for following along and thank you for the pixie dust. :goodvibes

Hi Mindy, Sorry I missed all your updates! Things have been crazy. It seems like you had a fantastic trip and it's just what you needed. Your husband seems like such a wonderful guy - I am sure things aren't easy right now but it seems like he is a lot of fun and a great travel companion!

Those Kona Cafe pancakes though.. my gosh they are AMAZING aren't they!? I had them on our trip too and I was so mad I couldn't finish them because they were just soooooo good. I feel like even if I knew how to make them I wouldn't be able to replicate them. My fiance got an omelet too, I was like "do you even know what you are missing here!?"

Your Jiko meal looks pretty good! We did the bread service at Sanaa and we really liked it but theirs looks great too. That appetizer looks amazing!

It seems like you guys had a wonderful trip and despite a little traffic everything went well!

No worries! I really tried to get through this report pretty quickly since it was only about a day and a half worth of Disney stuff - lol! And for real, I couldn't do it without my husband. I really couldn't. It's amazing what he's put up with and he still loves me. Because he's been with me since I was 15, he really knew my dad well... and it was not easy in my house and he stuck through it all. I'm one lucky Donald!! (Haha... because he's a duck! I quack myself up.) :thumbsup2

Seriously, the pancakes though. And I agree - even if I do track down the recipe I'm sure it won't be the same! I couldn't finish mine either so Mike got his omelet and some of the pancakes. He said that next time he always wants the pancakes, but I think in reality we will just order one stack and still split it... unless he thinks he can eat 1.5 stacks! :rotfl:

Jiko was good, but Sanaa is where it's at. I loved the view of the savanna there and the bread service was delish - which you know. Plus, I feel like there's more vegetarian options there for me to really enjoy. I've only been there once back in 2013, but I clearly should go back! The appetizer was to die for though along with that soup at Jiko. If Mike wants to go back, hopefully they'll have those both on the menu again!

Just got caught up. I don't remember seeing an alert that you had updated the thread. Plus, we just got back from a wedding in San Francisco and a trip to the Walt Disney Family Museum, which I need to do a write-up for. The end of next week, we are off to Germany. I am so glad that I got to read this now, or I don't know when I would have found the time.

Great report and pics! Your report is getting me really excited for our trip. We finally decided on March after I got an ADR for the Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party at DHS. I had to wake up early on the day we flew to San Francisco to get it. I am so jealous of your seeing all of the xmas decorations. I so need to get to WDW for the Halloween and xmas decorations. I am so glad that you had such a great trip and that it was emotionally healing. I hope the pain keeps subsiding and just the good memories remain.

I have that same Her Universe Star Wars t-shirt. I have been ogling the matching skirt, but I just don't know where I would wear it. You got some good loot.

I've been having problems getting updates too! Maybe it's just a glitch in the system right now. I did power through those last few though. Figured I should get it out of the way so I can focus on trying to figure out my dining for Disneyland at the end of February! So glad you could find the time to fit in my report and that you enjoyed it! I'll have to look for your post about the Disney Museum!! That place looks so awesome and I definitely want to see that. I've tried convincing Mike that there are other things to do in California other than Disneyland, but he won't hear it! Even if it's Disney related. :rotfl2:

The Star Wars Fireworks Dessert Party sounds awesome!! So glad you snagged a ressie! I heard there's themed drinks too - I'm a sucker for themed drinks. The Xmas decorations were absolutely breathtaking. I can only imagine what it's like walking down Main Street - until next year!! We're going to book a week long trip next year for this same time and I'm super pumped for it. You should definitely try and get out there for it. I've gone to Disneyland for Halloween and that was fun! It was when trick or treating was actually in DCA instead of DL... everything is changed now! lol

I almost went and got the skirt after talking to Ashley Eckstein. But I'm in the same boat - I already bought the R2D2 dress which will be hard to find places to wear too already, not sure where I'd wear my light saber skirt. Actually - maybe I could wear it to the gaming convention I go to in March/April here in Milwaukee... I wonder if that's justification enough for Mike?? Haha... worth a shot!

Thank you for following along!!

I found the pancakes recipe!! (From Allears.. says it makes 12-15 pancakes)

Pancakes:

1-1/4 cups sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2 cups milk

3 eggs

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Sift flour into medium bowl

Add brown sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.

Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beat until smooth.

If using an electric skillet pre-heat to 350 F; pre-heat griddle or skillet on medium until a few drops of water dance on the surface.

For each pancake pour 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook on first side until bubbles form and sides look dry, flip over and cook until golden brown

Top with your favorite syrup or macadamia nut butter (below).

Macadamia Nut Butter

One stick butter (at room temperature)

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup toasted Macadamia nuts

Method:

Combine butter, honey, and toasted Macadamias.

Use a spoonful to top pancakes.

I found the pancakes recipe!! (From Allears.. says it makes 12-15 pancakes)

Pancakes:

1-1/4 cups sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2 cups milk

3 eggs

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Sift flour into medium bowl

Add brown sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.

Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beat until smooth.

If using an electric skillet pre-heat to 350 F; pre-heat griddle or skillet on medium until a few drops of water dance on the surface.

For each pancake pour 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook on first side until bubbles form and sides look dry, flip over and cook until golden brown

Top with your favorite syrup or macadamia nut butter (below).

Macadamia Nut Butter

One stick butter (at room temperature)

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup toasted Macadamia nuts

Method:

Combine butter, honey, and toasted Macadamias.

Use a spoonful to top pancakes.

OHMYGOODNESS YOU'RE AMAZING!! I'm going to have to pick up some of these items and make them next weekend! (I can't go shopping til Sunday afternoon.)
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Yay!! Let me know how they turn out - I may need to make them soon myself because now I am drooling at the thought of them!

I'm so glad you two had a great time and everything went well.

I love that Osbourne Lights ornament. I would have bought that, too. Was there much merchandise commemorating the last year of Osbourne Lights?

I'm so glad you two had a great time and everything went well.

I love that Osbourne Lights ornament. I would have bought that, too. Was there much merchandise commemorating the last year of Osbourne Lights?

There was the ornament and the long sleeve green shirt I'm wearing on our last morning which I forgot to mention was a souvenir - they also had AP versions as well. But I think that was it?? They were giving out a special blanket at the dessert party but I wasn't too impressed with it. There was also a souvenir travel mug that you could get soda or hot cocoa in as well. :)

I just got caught up--loved your report! I'm in Grafton all the time. If you see a silver Sienna minivan with Mickey and Minnie decals on the rear window, make sure to say hi!!

I just got caught up--loved your report! I'm in Grafton all the time. If you see a silver Sienna minivan with Mickey and Minnie decals on the rear window, make sure to say hi!!

Awesome!! What a small world this is! I can't believe I met a fellow Wisconsinite - let alone in the same cities!! Crazy :D

I just read your report. I love that you love Snips so much. She is awesome because she always does and says what she believes is right and always brings hope to others. The fact that you like her so much says a lot about you.
I am so sorry for your loss. My husband lost his father the same way some years ago and he told me recently that having me to lean on helped the most. I am glad you have your husbands support.

Last edited:
I just read your report. I love that you love Snips so much. She is awesome because she always does and says what she believes is right and always brings hope to others. The fact that you like her so much says a lot about you.
I am so sorry for your loss. My husband lost his father the same way some years ago and he told me recently that having me to lean on helped the most. I am glad you have your husbands support.

Thanks for reading, ForeverAlice! Ahsoka is just so perfect - how could you not love her?! :thumbsup2

And thank you, it's been really difficult coping. Without my husband, there's no way I'd be able to make it through this. I know have other people's support - but he's my rock. Just the other day he took me to my favorite taco place, which is 40 minutes away from where we moved... just because I was so upset and wanted tacos. I'm sorry for your loss as well and you don't know how amazing you are to help your husband cope with something like this. I think it's the spouses who, even though they are so incredibly upset by something like this as well, are the strongest people. It's amazing. You rock. :goodvibes

:chewy:You rock as well!! Keep your head up you are stronger than you know! I am sure your hubby would agree! I am glad I came across your thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter