What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

It is nice and cool today so I made chocolate chip cookies! Froze some for the really hot days coming up when I don't want to bake!

More banana bread -- added dried fruit, dark chocolate chips, nuts. Used egg whites instead of whole eggs because we had some to use up. The bananas were super ripe and sweet! We'll see how it turns out. Smells good so far...
ETA: Two thumbs up from DH! The banana bread is very tender -- I credit the egg whites. :)

Last edited:

Took a long weekend and baked a lot.
Sourdough chocolate cake, blueberry lemon sourdough, olive, roasted garlic and herb sourdough and sous vide filet mignons.
C3627FB1-ACEA-4447-9A65-3A11BBA04162.jpeg20C5C846-AED3-4086-8CF1-96E8F784DA53.jpeg

Attachments

• ABECE6ED-EAA9-4A84-BA9D-DFFFA73E68DD.jpeg
    ABECE6ED-EAA9-4A84-BA9D-DFFFA73E68DD.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 76535873-00AF-434E-899F-36B6826A8035.jpeg
    76535873-00AF-434E-899F-36B6826A8035.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 6
Rhubarb Crisp

Mmmm! I miss rhubarb so much. I used to be able to get it in Massachusetts, but since I moved to very South Texas 27 years ago, it's only shown up once. And when the person who bought it (who was the person in front of me) got to the counter, the clerk was trying to find the name of it to charge her. Finally, the person said "Do you even know what it is?" to which the clerk replied "Red celery?" Hard not to laugh!

Spectacularly failed PB cookies. It's a recipe I've used dozens of times, really easy, always delicious... except for yesterday. They burned like crazy. I bet 6 out of 2 dozen were edible. Not sure what went wrong, except I used crunch PB instead of creamy. Recipe says this is OK but... who knows? Oh well... at least we won't be eating 24 cookies, right?

Made a clafouti in a 9” glass pie plate, filled with unpitted cherries, peach and plum slices, last weekend. Great for our picnic dinner and subsequent breakfasts.

No baking, but the house has a delicious BACON aroma because of breakfast.

Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips on Sunday (for FIL) and banana bread yesterday (for DH)

Made Pizzelles yesterday and (mix) brownies today throwing in pecans.

I'm very embarrassed to admit but I love brownie batter along with Tollhouse Cookie dough. Always did, always will. Adult DD does the exact same thing. She has been known to make dough just to eat. I understand completely.

Yep, I know the egg story....blah blah blah. Been doing it for a massive amount of years and never got sick. Yes, I know that sounds careless and I get a lecture from DH all the time but I'm now old. It's too late to give up. Don't drink, don't smoke, don't over eat. One vice.

Spectacularly failed PB cookies. It's a recipe I've used dozens of times, really easy, always delicious... except for yesterday. They burned like crazy. I bet 6 out of 2 dozen were edible. Not sure what went wrong, except I used crunch PB instead of creamy. Recipe says this is OK but... who knows? Oh well... at least we won't be eating 24 cookies, right

I had a coffee cake at my sisters two weeks ago and it was so dang good. I asked for the recipe and she gave it to me. Made it the other day and mine came out flat dense and oily where hers was tall, fluffy and light. Called her up and compared notes and method and I made it exactly how she did. Funny how results can vary. Want to try it again and see what happens. It still tasted delicious but was texture was different.

MJ

I had a coffee cake at my sisters two weeks ago and it was so dang good. I asked for the recipe and she gave it to me. Made it the other day and mine came out flat dense and oily where hers was tall, fluffy and light. Called her up and compared notes and method and I made it exactly how she did. Funny how results can vary. Want to try it again and see what happens. It still tasted delicious but was texture was different.

MJ

different altitude, calibration of your respective ovens, mixing time, it could be a lot of things...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter