What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

This thread is making me want to eat. And eat. And eat. 😁. Everything sounds so yummy!

Last edited:
I have posted on this thread for awhile.
But what I want to know is; what are you making for S’mores day tomorrow?

I am looking to see what to make tomorrow night because I am. working a midshift tomorrow.

I had no idea it was s’mores day!

I made butterscotch refrigerator cookies early this morning - the second half of the batch I mixed up last week.

I do have some sugar cookie dough in there as well, though. Maybe I can do something s’mores-like with that...hmmmm?

Yesterday, I baked:

Strawberry lemon muffins. The recipe was for blueberry lemon muffins, but I had some strawberries that needed to be used. This was actually pretty good considering my substitution.

Two loaves of banana bread with pecans. I froze one of them.

Yesterday I made a loaf of bread and also chicken cordon bleu. Tonight I’m going to use the bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches with gruyere cheese.

I just saw these cookies below shown on ABC on a GMA type TV show. A woman came up with these monster size, 1/2 lb. cookies during the pandemic for her husband. They posted them on his Instagram and people started DMing to get some. Now, they are a successful business.

109343089_599508740705815_157283317781562604_n.jpg

110230652_627693144812484_1070840939800757655_n.jpg

I think people can make their own by using different flavor cake mixes and adding their own variations. Just keep the oven temp low so the cookies cook all the way through. Otherwise, they may be raw inside, being so big and so many fillers. For some variations:

Cookies from cake mixes!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/cookies-from-cake-mixes-also-biscotti-bars-now-cups-pops.681495/

I always make the Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe but have been reading up on chocolate chip cookies in general and it seems that a preferred method is to make the dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before baking. I tried that method this weekend and the cookies tasted the same but they did hold together better when baking and didn't flatten out as much. I did have to take the batter out of the fridge at 2 hours before it was scoopable (sp).

And yes, sprinkling a tiny bit of sea salt on top of each cookie right before baking takes them over the top!!

MJ

I use the Nestle Toll House recipe too, but then I use as cookie scoop to make balls of dough that I freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen I dump them into a ziplock bag and keep them frozen.

I bake them (at 375 degrees) right out of the freezer. It just takes a few minutes more than the recipe says. They hold together and don't flatten that way. It's really comforting to have a few warm chocolate chip cookies whenever we want them! I'm going to try the sea salt trick!

I made chocolate chip cookies and these oatmeal cookies this weekend, freezing cookie--dough-balls of each kind.

I feel like I've finally found the definitive oatmeal cookie recipe, below. It's really important to leave the egg, raisin and vanilla mixture sit for an hour at the beginning for some reason. But if you do, and bake them from frozen (which is the only way I've tried), they retain a nice soft but chewy texture. The pecans also taste great in them. I've tried a lot of oatmeal cookie recipes, but these really are the best.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16677/the-best-oatmeal-cookies/

Hubby asked me to make him a chocolate cream pie like his Grandmother used to. I never met the lady, and she's been gone for years. I didn't have her recipe, so I hunted online until I found a suitable one. I actually like my chocolate cream pie with graham crust, but he said it HAD to be with a homemade regular pie crust, so that's what I did. Just put it in the fridge to cool for dessert tonite.

I use the Nestle Toll House recipe too, but then I use as cookie scoop to make balls of dough that I freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen I dump them into a ziplock bag and keep them frozen.

I bake them (at 375 degrees) right out of the freezer. It just takes a few minutes more than the recipe says. They hold together and don't flatten that way. It's really comforting to have a few warm chocolate chip cookies whenever we want them! I'm going to try the sea salt trick!

I like this idea....if they are all baked I will keep eating them so the idea of putting some dough balls in the freezer to make a few at a time when I want some is very appealing. I use a cookie scoop anyway to it will be easy to freeze some instead of baking.

MJ

Hubby asked me to make him a chocolate cream pie like his Grandmother used to. I never met the lady, and she's been gone for years. I didn't have her recipe, so I hunted online until I found a suitable one. I actually like my chocolate cream pie with graham crust, but he said it HAD to be with a homemade regular pie crust, so that's what I did. Just put it in the fridge to cool for dessert tonite.

The Pioneer Woman has a great, easy chocolate pie recipe. I change up the crust all the time....graham cracker or regular. I use the same recipe when I want to make and have just chocolate pudding.

MJ

The Pioneer Woman has a great, easy chocolate pie recipe. I change up the crust all the time....graham cracker or regular. I use the same recipe when I want to make and have just chocolate pudding.

MJ

Hers was one of the ones I looked at, but he said he didn't want me to use her recipe, lol. Pie was very good, but very rich!

DGD and I are on a crepe and galette making marathon this week. She really loves them and now she’ll never go hungry, LOL We made 3 different varieties: dessert, savory with buckwheat flour (thanks, King Arthur for having the flour in stock!) and soft herb.

They freeze easily so we should be fine until late fall.

Are we deep enough into this ordeal yet that frozen pizza counts? :teeth: Full props to everyone who's still baking bread and making new recipes every night. :worship:
There’s a great recipe for pizza on the grill in this week’s New York Times .
Also a new to me pizza variety called pinsa in this month’s Fine Cooking; I know, I know, Im bad 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter