What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Two banana breads, one coconut bread and I’m just about to slow cook some Asian style beef cheeks for the next 8hrs.

Two dozen zucchini muffins to use up the zucchini I had in the fridge. Tomorrow I am making oatmeal raisin cookies at my sons request.

We are almost out of bread so I will make a loaf in the breadmaker tomorrow. I also make my own bread crumbs from all the ends of our homemade bread and pieces that went stale. I have a huge bag in the freezer so I will make a big batch of breadcrumbs tomorrow.

I found a recipe for banana ice cream
Step 1
Take ripe bananas, at least 4 - then slice them up, place flat in the bag, so then do not clump together to much and freezer over night. it would be good if you use a baking tray to put the bag on before stuffing it with banana slices.

Step 2
Take a good blender or a Nija and place the frozen bananas in the blender/Nija
Add about 1/2 cup of milk (any kind, whole, 2%, almond, whatever) and 1/2 cup white sugar
Start the blender/Nija - if the mixture gets to thick - add another 1/4 cup of milk

You can add chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, berries, whatever you want o mix into the banana ice cream
scoop and enjoy

If you have left over banana mixture ice cream - you can freeze it in a plastic container in the freezer up to 2 weeks

Great summer snack and use of mushy no one wants to eat bananas :yay:

I made chocolate chip cookies last weekend and yesterday. They were a hit! I have discovered that expensive butter, sea salt and a mix of milk and semisweet chocolate are the way to go.

I always make the Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe but have been reading up on chocolate chip cookies in general and it seems that a preferred method is to make the dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before baking. I tried that method this weekend and the cookies tasted the same but they did hold together better when baking and didn't flatten out as much. I did have to take the batter out of the fridge at 2 hours before it was scoopable (sp).

And yes, sprinkling a tiny bit of sea salt on top of each cookie right before baking takes them over the top!!

MJ

I always make the Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe but have been reading up on chocolate chip cookies in general and it seems that a preferred method is to make the dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before baking. I tried that method this weekend and the cookies tasted the same but they did hold together better when baking and didn't flatten out as much. I did have to take the batter out of the fridge at 2 hours before it was scoopable (sp).

And yes, sprinkling a tiny bit of sea salt on top of each cookie right before baking takes them over the top!!

MJ

I also used to make the Tollhouse recipe. That's what I got started on, but thanks to Pinterest I started experimenting. I feel like I have made every recipe out there! I've done the refrigeration method, too. I like to do that for Christmas cookies since they look better that way.

This is the recipe I used:
https://joyfoodsunshine.com/the-most-amazing-chocolate-chip-cookies/

I have posted on this thread for awhile.
But what I want to know is; what are you making for S’mores day tomorrow?

I am looking to see what to make tomorrow night because I am. working a midshift tomorrow.

I have posted on this thread for awhile.
But what I want to know is; what are you making for S’mores day tomorrow?

I am looking to see what to make tomorrow night because I am. working a midshift tomorrow.

Hmm I still have a package of Girl Scout s’mores cookies. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter