What Did You Like Best At Boma?

coolhockeydad

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to convince my DW, DS (13) and DS (10) that we should try Boma. I know the food will be different than what we are use to. I was looking for opinions on what was really good and what to stay away from. Thanks for your help.

My dh thought the desserts were well worth the buffett price here. Everything was good and we are glad we tried the restaurant. There is a wide variety of food to please everyone.

Dh & I tried it last trip (June) and what we liked best about it was that the kids were at Simba's Cubhouse and we got to go there ALONE! :) It is a real nice buffet tho and there were many couples and many families. There wasn't any partucular food that stuck out for me but I do remember going up twice.

I did try the zebra domes that so many people rave about but did not like them. Oh well...

If you have not been to the AKL yet then go to Boma's just to experience that! The lobby is beautiful.

Jill

We just dined at Boma last week. Everything was great. If I had to pick one thing it was the soups..they were delish and I am not a big soup fan. My children 8 and 2 also enjoyed the basic kid food: mac and cheese, chicken strips, fries. I think you family will enjoy. Try it out!:Pinkbounc

Don't forget there's lots of "regular" food on the dinner buffet, too. Believe me, if my DS (9 on our last trip) could find things to his taste at Boma, ANYONE can eat there. There are a few specific dishes for kids, but adults can help themselves too - generally spaghetti & meatballs or mac & cheese or chicken strips. There should also be a few standard "carvery" items - e.g. prime rib, roast chicken, roast pork - and some usual items like potato salad, green salad, rolls, and fresh fruits. It sounds like you're a more adventurous eater, so speak to the chefs standing behind the buffet, and try anything that sounds interesting. Many people consider the soups to be outstanding.

If all else fails, try to drag them kicking and screaming to the breakfast buffet at Boma, where the proportion of traditional buffet offerings is even larger . Animal Kingdom Lodge is too beautiful a resort to be missed!

We still regard our dinner at Boma as our best vacation meal ever. The food was hot, attractive, delicious, different and...did I already say, delicious? The kids had their chicken fingers and mac & cheese while we loved trying all the different foods. Really enjoyed the different meats (and we are not huge meat eaters) and the unusal salads. And the desserts.....can't even begin to go there.

You owe it to yourself to try it!

I love the FuFu(sp ?)It's a combination of regular mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie spice. Very good. Also , of course the desserts!

Boma has the BEST buffet at WDW!!!

My opinion (obviously) :)

You'll find a little of everything here, even for the pickiest eater. And some real treats for those willing to try new things

One of the best parts of planning a Disney Holiday is looking at the menus to see what tasty morsels there will be to sample. (Many thanks to Deb at www.wdwig.com for having such a comprehensive listing).

Boma really stood out as someplace we can not wait try!

DH and I love to try foods from different cultures. We eat the same old food at home. Pasta or chicken and veg. BORING! To us the whole point of being on holiday is to See, Feel, Smell, Touch and Taste things that are not part of our everyday routine.

---Andra
mmmmmmmm...morsels
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I liked their coconut curry soup, BBQ ribs (they don't serve these everyday though), Zebra Domes and these little triangle desserts with custard and fruit :) If you decide to go, get there a little before your PS time so you can walk around the resort... It's very beautiful :)

As I've said before:

Zebra domes are small thin round pieces of white cake (about the size of a half dollar) with a coffee mousse sort of like concoction shaped into a 'dome' on top with a drizzle of chocolate over that. Scrumpdilly-itious!!

As for favorite choices at Boma:

The Chicken Pepper Pot soup - I added some saffron rice to this and it was delish!!
The Zebra Domes - of course!
Passionfruit Meringue Tart - YUM!
Curry pasta and potato salad - the best! I could eat gallons!!
Wonderfully flavorful meat such as chicken and prime rib

The seasoning here is indescribable but it permeates each and every food so if you like it you're in heaven but if not....oh well.

From my trip report last summer:

Dinner at Boma was the highlight of this day! We feasted on wonderfully seasoned prime rib, baked chicken, beef & lamb quiche, nut crusted salmon, chicken pepper pot soup (I added the saffron rice), chicken corn porridge, a ginger squash soup, curried coconut seafood stew, curry pasta and potato salad (my favorites), a few strange salads of fruit and mixed greens, some cauliflower and squashes, an amazing Indala Sauvignon Blanc and a dizzying array of desserts.
These deserve their own paragraph! The choices were - passionfruit meringue tart, coconut mango puffs, pumpkin cheesecake, tropical fruit tarts, guava jam squares, mocha nut crunch and of course the much talked about zebra domes. At first I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I sampled and moved on...to every other dessert offering there was except the cookies, I left those for the kids! I was sure the mocha nut crunch would be the winner as it was very chocolate-y looking and with mocha in it's name you can't go wrong. However, on my dh's say so I went back to the zebra domes giving them a second chance...then a third and even comparing them side by side with the before mentioned 'mnc'. It was only fair, of course. And wa-la they emerged as my all time favorite! I couldn't get enough despite the fact that I had had enough! I was filled to the gills!! What a wonderful experience.

I skipped most of the fruit and green salads, vegetables, seafood, weird stuff like Pap, hummus and the like but found plenty to fill me up! There are plain meats with little seasoning to choose from plus the kids section is open to all with basic fare like mac n cheese, chicken tenders, and spaghetti. At least you can bribe them with that kind of food and still be able to try the adventurous stuff. You'd be surprised what you might find you'll like. I am a very picky eater by nature but I love this place it is one of my favorites in all of WDW!!

I am not a big buffet lover, but this one I loved!!! I have been there twice for dinner and once for breakfast. I liked dinner a lot more, but then I am not used to big breakfasts.

The soups were incredible - especially the Chicken Pepper Pot Soup.

I enjoyed all the unusual salads, sides, and entrees, but I am also one who really enjoys unusual foods.

Desserts were great - I liked the Zebra Domes, but I really enjoy fruity desserts, especially the passionfruit tartes!!!!

We had a party of ten, two children, and everybody raved about Boma. This restaurant is a favorite.
The Moroccan Seafood chowder is wonderful, coconut curry soup, try the field greens with the different viniagrettes.
They had three different types of hummus out with a delicious flatbread, so good I actually had a plate of just hummus with flatbread! Our table really loved the hummus.
The salmon is always good, and they have a variety of cous cous to try.
Boma has something for everyone.

My favorite food item from the several times I have eaten there is the Banana Bread Pudding! To die for! The Passion Fruit Tarts are also good. I say just go and have the desserts, skip the rest. Best desserts in WDW! I also love the breakfast buffet. Wonderful pastries! Great bacon!

great food we ate there last night before flying home. The chef was walking around thanking each table for coming and trying the food. He made some comments on the dishes and the spices used. He also said the Menu changes four times per week so you won't see the same food and consecutive nights Sunday is the wildcard night and they make what they want to. The other nights are planned so call ahead if you are looking for a favorite dish and don't want to miss it ..

FYI you can get zebra domes to go in mara

My favorites were coconut tiramisu, kalamata olive hummus with flat bread, seafood soup, and the salads. I don't think that I ate anything there that I didn't like!

Enjoy!

Erin :D

BOMA was great just because it really seemed different from anything that you could get on your typical ordinary days. As much as I enjoyed the food, what was most memorable for me was our CM. He was really great, and my friend and I have extremely fond memories of the restaurant. We are planning to go back this December as well. Please try!

::yes::

halfway there or anyone else : do yu know what the "spice" you mentioned is?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter