What do you always plan to do but never accomplish?

Last trip my wife wanted to stop and sit for a while so I climbed through the Swiss Family Treehouse for the first time.
I still can't get her to spend more than a few minutes on Tom Sawyer Island. We've been over there when the kids were young but only for a few minutes.
I'd like to explore the entire island.

Another one for Tom Sawyer's Island. I've been to Disney countless times and have never gone over there.

In more recent trips, I've intended to ride the train at MK, do Swiss Family Treehouse, and do Hall of Presidents and haven't managed any of them. They're the first things that get cut from my plans if I start running short on time.

I'd also like to resort-hop around the MK area resorts, but that hasn't happened yet. We're making that a priority in our November trip though.

Take our time and walk through some of the countries in Epcot.
This will be our 3rd time going to Disneyworld and the first time we went we spent all day there. We did alot of stuff even get many meet and greets . Last year we decided to just do 1/2 day there and one thing I want to do is just walk through some of the countries. We just do a big circle usually.
So hopefully this we will be able to.

For us it's Tom Sawyer Island. Every trip we say we will go over there and relax for a little bit and let the kids play and we've never gotten there! We always end up staying on the rides, meeting the characters and eating snacks! LOL

Anything your family always plans on doing but never does?

The only thing that comes to mind is that we have discussed LaNouba so many times and now it will be gone before we go again.

However, I'm cringing for people that haven't seen some of the best things in the World: Illuninations, Nemo stage show, American Adventure (and The Voices of Liberty before some shows!) are just a few I saw. Honestly, they are on our "must do" list every time!

Beaches and Cream! Our past 2 trips we have planned to go there and tackle the kitchen sink, but inevitably get too distracted eating in the world showcase! Last time we had almost made it around to the international gateway to leave when someone wanted to just "check out" the french patisserie. I couldn't say no to that Napoleon.

Fantasmic. We just never seem to make it back to Hollywood Studios in the evening.

Same for us. We usually have a plan for dinner in Epcot then going to HS for Fantasmic but we just never seem to make it back. Also, Disney Springs, haven't made it there in the last 4 trips.

Country Bears Jamboree - hubby went years ago, but I've never seen it!
Hoop Dee Doo revue - I always say I'll make reservations, but it just never happens
The avocado margarita at the Mexico pavilion - ever since I learned this was a thing, I've meant to try it!
Mission Space - Rides don't usually freak me out, but I've heard so many stories on the DIS about nausea and dizziness that I always chicken out!

ETA: this past trip, we finally did tour some resorts, watch Wishes from the California Grill, and drink/snack around the world, so those were three things off our Disney bucket list!

Last edited:
The only thing that comes to mind is that we have discussed LaNouba so many times and now it will be gone before we go again.

However, I'm cringing for people that haven't seen some of the best things in the World: Illuninations, Nemo stage show, American Adventure (and The Voices of Liberty before some shows!) are just a few I saw. Honestly, they are on our "must do" list every time!

These are some things I wanted to do last trip. Along with HDDR. I have to put them on our list for next trip!

Flights of Wonder!

We always scoot out of AK before the first show and never manage to make it into the park before the last one!

I think it's the only attraction at WDW that I've never done.
Same! idk what it is but we never end up seeing this show!

Eating a dole whip! Never feel like having one when we walk by there :tilt:
Oh man. I usually hit AdventureLand first in the morning and yet, I feel like Dole Whip is as good for breakfast as any other time! :drinking1

I'm having a hard time coming up with something because I've finally hit most of the biggies in the last trip. Finally got a Cali Grill ressie during Wishes, got to have my pineapple drink at the Poly, and got Rose and Crown ressies so my wife could actually see Illuminations (she's short). :)

I think the only thing I haven't gotten to do that I had on the list is .... ooh, Everest at night! Yeah, that's still a biggie.

Flights of Wonder!

We always scoot out of AK before the first show and never manage to make it into the park before the last one!

I think it's the only attraction at WDW that I've never done.
When you do get a chance to see it, you will not be disappointed. It's a great show.

We always want to visit a few of the hotels for a meal or shopping, but never seem to get there.

Country Bears Jamboree - hubby went years ago, but I've never seen it!
Hoop Dee Doo revue - I always say I'll make reservations, but it just never happens
The avocado margarita at the Mexico pavilion - ever since I learned this was a thing, I've meant to try it!
Spaceship Earth - Rides don't usually freak me out, but I've heard so many stories on the DIS about nausea and dizziness that I always chicken out!

ETA: this past trip, we finally did tour some resorts, watch Wishes from the California Grill, and drink/snack around the world, so those were three things off our Disney bucket list!
Do you mean Mission Space? That's the one that can make you sick. Spaceship Earth is pretty tame. It's inside the Epcot ball.

Riding the Astro Orbiter. Every time we go it is on my list of must do's, and so far it has not happened. :(
Maybe our trip this summer?!?

Well, I have been coming to Disney World since 1972ish. In the last 10 years, we've been DVC members, so we've had as few as 1 and as many as 5 trips in a single year since then. So I've done ALOT that would have been on my list. I have regrets though. I regret that I never did get to any of the Pleasure Island nightclubs. During the time they were open, pretty much we didn't have a babysitter. Now that our youngest is in high school, they're gone. Sad. So, that said, what I have left that I have always been trying to get to are: Jelly Rolls (have been to Atlantic Dance Hall), Port Orleans Riverside, to the River Roost and to get some beignets. Port Orleans Riverside is the only resort on Disney property that I have yet to step foot in! I also have never gotten to Boma. We've had reservations, but had to cancel each of 3 times. Oh, and the other one that comes to mind is golf. I've always wanted to play golf at the nine hold Oak Trail Golf course. Nine holes for me is plenty. We even gone as far as schlepping our golf clubs in the Thule with us. That is about all I can think of now. Done Disney Quest, done La Nouba, done the water parks, done the mini golf courses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter