What do you eat on Christmas Eve?

Is everyone's food shopping done for the holiday's? :bounce:
Yes except for Eve dinner, which I will pick up on my way home from work. Looks like Panada Express this year. Might be my new tradition. We got one in town last November and Christmas Eve was the first time I went there. So figured I would do it again this year.

This is our first year celebrating without my in-laws (we told them not to come over due to COVID), so it's just my DH, my DD(17) and her boyfriend.
We are making a homemade lasagna (using my MILs recipe), tortellini (premade) w/ Alfredo sauce, spaghetti w/ marinara sauce and garlic bread.
Everyone agreed that pasta would be best.
Who knows....we may like this so much that we'll do this next year when hopefully (fingers crossed) the in-laws can come over.

I thought it was done until about an hour ago.
I just realized that I need Hawaiian Rolls for Christmas Day dinner.
My DS went to the store for me this morning. He had a list, but added roasted garlic bread and Hawaiian rolls to what he purchased for me. He wants them with the prime rib on Christmas.

He is very generous when he has my credit card to use. lol

Mexican from our favorite restaurant. Of course this year it will be take out since dining in (or in outdoor seating) is forbidden.

Eating coq au vin for dinner with fried shrimp as an appetizer. Tomorrow will be a roasted turkey with a yule log cake for dessert.

Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup in bread bowls from St. Louis Bread Co. (That's Parana to the rest of you). We use it as a soup starter, and add chicken and more carrots. And yes, it's that specific. Always Mrs. Grass, always Bread Co. bowls. The Mrs. Grass's chicken noodle is getting harder and harder to find. My mom had to order an 8 pack to get it this year. Also, if we get any food gifts, we open and eat those on Christmas Eve. This year, it was a yummy nut assortment.

Is everyone's food shopping done for the holiday's? :bounce:
Yep - it was done completely yesterday. I won't be leaving the house again until Sunday probably.
Feast of the Seven Fishes... although with only two of us, we're gonna make some changes this year! I'm thinking seafood chowder or baked seafood casserole so it'll be one dish with lots of fishes.
That's a very smart idea - enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter