What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

I'll be there for Halloween weekend. I'm thinking that will be a busy weekend. Now I'm just hoping to get what I reserved.

Deneen

Tons of Chrysler Sebring Convertibles...
Multitudes of Mini Vans...
SUV's by the dozen...
and a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow...
Then I Woke Up..........
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Can I dream or what!

Arrived 10/13 at 12:40 pm A terminal. Lots of cars on EA. Selected a blue Jeep Liberty with 11 miles. Getting out of the car was challenging for short legs and it was rather thirsty. Easily held luggage for 3 adults and was comfortable. Having the owner's manual would have been helpful to figure out the features. Never did get used to the window switch on the console between the front seats. Panicked trying to open the window at the first toll. Overall it was a very nice car.

Arrived on 10-26 (Tues) about 11:30 (after a 2 hour delay) there was absolutely nothing at all on the EA or even the Executive asile, in fact the whole playc was almost empty (this was on A side) The attendant said I could go to the full size asile and choose anything well there were only 3 monte carlos to chose from a silver one, a white one and a gold one, before I could check them out perple were walking to them so I took the silver one.
The only other things I saw in the whole national garage was a couple mini vans,.
Returned 11-1 about 5 there seemed to be a lot more cars o n the EA couldn't really see what they were, but there were more over all in the whole place and lots of returned cars still sitting there.
I have never seen the place so empty as it was wher I arrived

we were there 10/25 at 11 am and there was one yes one car left on the EA. I asked the attendant about getting other cars and she said that was my choice so we took the one car left. It was a light brown 2004 Malibu with about 8,000 miles on it.

Just got back from MCO on Monday. We picked up from the A side on 10/29 and found few cars available at 6AM. On the EA there were a couple Malibus, a couple other cars and the Grand Am that we took. The return line was busy and they were bringing cars over to put on the compact, and Full Size rows, but nothing for the intermediates :(

I was hoping for an Intrepid, since it's what I drive at home, but the Grand Prix had enough trunk space and drove great. I just wish you could adjust the height of the seat........I felt like I was sitting in a hole most of the time (I'm only 5'4" and had trouble seeing over the hood. On the other hand, DBF is 6'4" and had trouble getting leg room.......oh the trials and tribulations of the vertically challenged :rotfl: ).

I rented out of MCO 10/29 (friday). They only had about 10 grand ams on the EA. Nothing else. When we returned the car on 11/2(Tues) it looked like the lot was packed with a good choice of cars.

Deneen

Just returned yesterday. We arrived Oct 22nd a little before 3pm. There were 3 cars to pick from on EA, 2 of the cars were being loaded with suitcases. We ended up with a Chevy Classic, which was okay but an adjustment for us. We drive a Ford F150 SuperCrew at home. Gas mileage was fantastic with the chevy.

Just got back yesterday. Arrived on the EA Saturday, October 30 at 10:00am. There were all Intermediates on the aisle and we were about to get an Impala when my DH saw a Jeep Liberty at the end of the aisle. It was still pretty small but at least different than the regular Intermediates.

Before he found the Liberty, I was checking out the Full size aisle and saw many PT cruisers on it...I can't believe they consider a PT cruiser a Full size.

I am a National newbie. I signed up for the EA service for our Dec. trip. I usually rent a mid-size through Hertz for my business and personal travel. Is the EA/intermediate equivalent to a mid-size car? I assumed that it was equivalent but as my trip is approaching, I am starting to worry about it because we will have three adults and one child in a car seat. Do they have 4-door cars on the EA?

Originally posted by daisygarden
I am a National newbie. I signed up for the EA service for our Dec. trip. I usually rent a mid-size through Hertz for my business and personal travel. Is the EA/intermediate equivalent to a mid-size car? I assumed that it was equivalent but as my trip is approaching, I am starting to worry about it because we will have three adults and one child in a car seat. Do they have 4-door cars on the EA?

Yes, there are mostly 4 doors on the EA.

An intermediate is a Pontiac Grand Am or Olds Alero size. A Chevy Impala is a full size.

Vans are very rare on the EA, although I did see one in May.

If the EA is empty are they letting you take "elite" or go to the intermediate aisle? Just wondering how that works out.

MKY princess:

mkymouse4ever, in July the EA lot was empty. Hubby went to the kiosk and was TOLD to take a car from the intermediate lot/aisle. Since that is what you reserve using the emerald aisle, that was what was offered to us. Some on the boards have been lucky, especially during the severe shortage earlier in October and were allowed to take bigger cars. But the standard practice is you book intermediate for EA and IF there is something better in the EA you can take it, if not, you take an intermediate. So if you absoluting HAVE to have a bigger car than an intermediate, you need to book that size. Since we have only seen intermediate cars (or no cars) during our July and October trips this year, we are renting a full size for our January trip (it was only $5 more than the EA price).

Our flight is late at nite, we usually have better luck at nite so we are hoping that stays the same. Last 2 times day time flights had nothing :eek:

Thanks for the reports, MKY princess:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We came in at a bit after 4 pm Friday, 10/29. We reserved a full size from National's emerald reserve- only 6 cars on the A side, Impala's, one grand prix and one monte carlo 2-door. We took a bright candy apple red Impala (kids choice), and it was wonderful, and I have to say easy to spot with the bright red color. We saw at least a dozen cars on the emerald aisle-not sure what they were, but there were cars there (at least on the A side)! By the way, we ended up doing Emerald reserve for a full size because for our 9 day stay, with their web codes and entertainment book coupons, it ended up only be $30 more for the 9 days total-so we went for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter