What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

Arrived at MCO at 2pm, Nov. 28th. There was 1 Chevy classic and 1 dark blue PT Cruiser. At first was leary about room in the Cruiser, but our kids are small (3,4, and 5) and trunk space was large enough for 2 huge suitcases and the umbrella stroller. DH had fun driving it!!

Arrived today about 3:00pm. First time on A side (usually fly USAir, this time Air Tran instead). Good news - lots of cars. Bad news - most were Classics (yuk!). I walked all the way to the end of the row, there were some Grand Am's also. At the very end, there was a Buick Century and a Chevy Impala. I liked the Impala I rented in May, so I took it. The Executive Side had a lot of Impalas and Grand Prix's. There had to be 25 cars parked in Executive. I wonder how many people are even eligible for Executive, doesn't seem right. When I was getting my paperwork and cards together, I noticed that the Impala I took had Executive checked on the mirror tag, but it was parked on the aisle (I think they ran out of spaces on the Executive). But nothing was said at the checkout booth. I really like the Impala, this one has about 2,300 miles.

yikes.

We've only been renting a car for our last few trips; we have a baby now and the amount of stuff we bring has went out the roof, plus it is nice to be able to go to the store whenever we might need to. Before we always took a town car, but we didn't have much luggage to worry about with just two of us.

Anyway, I've used the emerald aisle in other cities, usually a gallant, no biggie. At MCO in August of 2003 we had a mitsubishi outlander. At MCO last April we picked a Buick Rondevous over several Trailblazers and other cars. Last October we picked a jeep liberty over several pt cruisers and other cars. I was really kind of nipped a little that there weren't any buick rondevous' out there, because it was hard squeezing everything in to that liberty. I guess I had come to theorize that the market was different in Orlando - I figured there were more tourists or something - and so the cars on EA were different from other cities.

Whoops, then today I stumble on this thread. Uh oh. I guess we've been really lucky! Whoops. Now I'm worried about getting our luggage in to a car on our next trip!! I'm glad that I read this so we won't pack counting on an suv.

On 11/27 we arrived on the A side (flew Southwest). There were mostly Classics and GrandAms. There were about 6 cars there and 4 of them were being taken as we arrived. We found a pretty Grand Am at the end of the aisle (walk around the big concrete support wall) with 3800 miles. A Grand Am was what we wanted, and we were very happy with it.

Saw some G6's on the executive aisle.

Sorcha

I'm going the end of April, and have a standard car reserved. I think a standard is a Monte Carlo. I would really like a Grand Prix. Does anyone know what the Grand prix is listed as, would it be a Standard car also?
I'm using emerald reserve.

Deneen

deelam said:
I'm going the end of April, and have a standard car reserved. I think a standard is a Monte Carlo. I would really like a Grand Prix. Does anyone know what the Grand prix is listed as, would it be a Standard car also?
I'm using emerald reserve.

Deneen

From what I understand, standard cars do not actually exist at National. You will get a full size car. We had a full size last trip. It was a very nice Chevy Impala.

Have fun.

Duds

dudspizza said:
From what I understand, standard cars do not actually exist at National. You will get a full size car. We had a full size last trip. It was a very nice Chevy Impala.

Have fun.

Duds

From what I understand, a standard is a 2 door full size. I got a Monte Carlo twice last year and my receipt said standard for car driven (I believe they only come in 2 door, a 4 door would be an Impala). I've never seen a separate row for standard though. Is the price the same as full size?

A Grand Prix is a full size.

DebbieB said:
From what I understand, a standard is a 2 door full size. I got a Monte Carlo twice last year and my receipt said standard for car driven (I believe they only come in 2 door, a 4 door would be an Impala). I've never seen a separate row for standard though. Is the price the same as full size?

A Grand Prix is a full size.

That makes sense. I did not see a standard aisle when I was there. The standard and the full have been pricing the same when I have been checking.....

Duds

We arrived at ~11 am today and there were only Classics and one Grand Am, which I grabbed. Was really hoping to score an Aztek again :( Oh well, I really can't complain about the car with the rate I got.....$52.10 including taxes for 12/9 - 12/12.

My daughter upgraded (2) to a standard last year and after checking in at the counter she was directed to the "full size" lot for the car of her choice. she was NOT directed to only choose a 2 door car. Actually if you check National's site and inquire about a standard size car, it gives you examples and says 2-4 door as it does on all of it's cars. So standard and full size are the same aisle of cars....to save a few bucks you should go this route if you need to.

Hi,
Probably been asked before, but can you EA experts tell me what cars are usually available on the EA and which ones would be the most desirable...in your opinion. I don't know GM cars. Last year we rented with Alamo (came with the package), they were out of intermediates and directed us to choose from the EA. We took a Malibu basically because it looked clean and didn't smell of smoke (my DH can't tolerate) and it ran fine for the week, but this time should we look for something else? Two adults, one teen, two large pullmans (30")

Thanks! This is a great thread for newbies to the EA!

I would stay away from the Chevy Classic. I had one 3 weeks ago with Avis and it was terrible. Steering was hard and it had slow acceleration. When I picked up our car at National last Saturday there were a bunch on the EA. Luckily I found an Impala at the end of the row, loved it.

Just returned last night. National again. I had EA for $170, all taxes included, Priceless and Entertainment.

When I got there , there were NO cars on the EA. An attendant went and brought me a Chevy Impala, which I think is a full sized. It was great. I put about 250 miles on it all told in the 11 days, back to MCO two extra trips, pick up and return of my DD, and a trip up to USF for a day.

As always, a great experience.

Arrived around 1:30 a.m. December 4. EA was mostly Malibu Classics. Took a silver one. I drove that thing like a go-cart! It was peppy and the roomy driver's area made it seem bigger. I always hope for something fancy on the EA and this is the first intermediate we've had to settle for.

I did see one Jeep Liberty around the corner after we started to load the trunk.

ON 12/1 around 11:45 am there was absolutely NOTHING on the Emerald Aisle.

I asked the gentleman where the Intermediate Aisle was... and he told me to just take something from the Executive Collection except for an SUV. So I picked up a red Impala.

Now checking out is another story. It took about 40 minutes!!!!

When returning the car on Dec 9 the aisle was full but I could not tell what they were.

Debbie

We arrived on the A side around 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 4th. There were lots of Chevy Classics, some Malibus, and some Pontiac Grand Ams, plus one or two PT Cruisers. Probably 30-40 cars in all. There were lots of people getting cars and the check-out booths all had 4-5 cars in line. Still only took five minutes or so to get out of the garage and on our way.

Just back...

We rented at the "A" side on 12/3 (7:00AM) and the EA was full!
They had 4 Aztecs, 4 PT's, a couple Sebrings, Grand Ams and...one brand new G6!
I grabbed the G6...the trunk was a little small like the Grand Am's but was the G6 drives alot better...It also had XM radio which has "Instant traffic and Weather" for the Orlando and Tampa areas!

Good luck!

Arrived around 11:40am on saturday 12-04 Terminal A Lots and Lots of cars many chevy classics , grand ams and Some old dodges still there but with everyone coming out person at the aisle pointed me to exec oops I only have regular old emerald aisle. Ended up with a Very Nice 2005 Impala whooo hoo only charged me for regual emerald aisle rate very cool car and drove wonderful Great BIG BIG BIG Trunk to hold every thing even the extra duffle we pack to hold all dirty clothes and pack souvenirs in our big suitcase I swear you could probably hold a coffin in that thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter