What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

I am just a little confused.. I see posts that comment on an A side and a B side... is there different sections you can go down? the last time we flew we took a cab to WDW so I never had to rent a car before.. what do you mean?
THANKS!

Originally posted by mousy_in_canada
I am just a little confused.. I see posts that comment on an A side and a B side... is there different sections you can go down? the last time we flew we took a cab to WDW so I never had to rent a car before.. what do you mean?
THANKS!

I believe it has to do with where you land. When I flew with Delta, we always ended up in National's A side.

Now that I fly with Jetblue, we end up in National's B side. I believe its related to the Terminal.

If you want to check out the other 'side' it's a hike.

Orlando's teminal is split in to two sides. A and B. It all depend on your airline as to which side you are on. Planes that arrive on the A side go to baggage claim A and are closest to the A side garage. Planes that arrive on the B side go to baggage claim B and are closest to the B side. It is actually very easy, just follow signs.

Basically it means there a two parking garages.... one on each side of the terminal. They each have their own counter and exit area. It does not matter which side you go to when you get your car, but I suggest the counter closest to your baggage. I did check out both A and B sides of the EA when were there last August and they were stocked almost identically, but sometimes there can be a better selection on one side versus the other. People who have a little extra time and don't mind walking will walk to the other side if they don't find a car they like on their side of the EA. Make sensse?

Go to this site to see a visual map of what I am talking about. http://www.OrlandoAirports.net/goaa/main.htm

Duds

We arrived at 2:30 p.m. on Thurs., 11/4. The last two intermediates on the Aisle were just being taken when I got there (DH stayed behind to get our luggage). When I asked the attendant what I should do since there were no cars available on EA, she pointed to the row of SUV's and mini-vans across from EA and told me to take a car from there. So we wound up with a Buick Rendezvous with 5 miles on it. Very nice!

DH's co-workers arrived at 11:00 that same night and had to wait for over an hour to get a car. I can't remember what they wound up with, but I think they would've used a horse and buggy at that point! They weren't very happy, needless to say.

I got a "letter" newspaper type letter from National EA club, about there latest info etc... And it said they will soon be offering GM's Pontiac G6 on the EA! :hyper: I thought they looked kinda cool, so interested in getting one. :D They said they should be available Nov > April. They are 4 door, and I think Hatchback? Not sure of trunk space, but Pontiac's are not great for trunk space. But there is only 2 of us. :earseek:

Anyone driving one of these, or saw on the EA yet?

MKY princess:

I just returned from a 2 day business trip to Orlando. I had to rent from Avis, my company has an agreement. When I walked over to the garage to go to Avis, I glanced over at National, it looked like the rows were pretty well stocked (around 10:00am yesterday). When I returned the car today (around 4:00pm), again I glanced over, looked like a few cars, all I could really see was a 4 door Grand Am on the end. I noticed that National and Alamo now have separate sections.

Got a Chevy Classic from Avis, about 20,000 miles. What a crappy car. The stearing is difficult, it has no power. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive in a hilly area.

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
I got a "letter" newspaper type letter from National EA club, about there latest info etc... And it said they will soon be offering GM's Pontiac G6 on the EA! :hyper: I thought they looked kinda cool, so interested in getting one. :D They said they should be available Nov > April. They are 4 door, and I think Hatchback? Not sure of trunk space, but Pontiac's are not great for trunk space. But there is only 2 of us. :earseek:

Anyone driving one of these, or saw on the EA yet?

MKY princess:

I also got this mailer.... they did follow up the announcement that the G6 would be a popular car so don't expect to always see it on the aisle....

They also announced the cars on the EA would have XM Satellite radio....... that is, most of them, but don't hold them to it..... lol

That will be nice......

Duds

I wonder what size a G6 would be considered? I looked at pontiac's website, it says its 189" x 70". A Grand Am is 186" x 70", a Grand Prix is 198" x 71". So it looks closer to intermediate. On the other hand, they call PT Cruisers full size and it's 168" x 67" (per chrysler's website).

G6 = National's brouchure said it's equal to intermediate. Not sure if that's everyones standard for intermediate thou. :rolleyes:

MKY princess:

Originally posted by DebbieB
I wonder what size a G6 would be considered? I looked at pontiac's website, it says its 189" x 70". A Grand Am is 186" x 70", a Grand Prix is 198" x 71". So it looks closer to intermediate. On the other hand, they call PT Cruisers full size and it's 168" x 67" (per chrysler's website).

The G6 is just a new grand am, so it should intermediate.

Arrived 10:20 pm on 11/17- no cars on EA so they said to choose from one of the six across the aisle. They were all full size. We got an Impala (huge trunk) and loved it. Usually we get a Grand Am and are happy with that. (side B)

Originally posted by sorchamac
The G6 is just a new grand am, so it should intermediate.

I was wondering about that. Is the G6 replacing the grand am? Or is it in addition? From looking at Pontiac's site, it looks like more of a high end performance grand am.

Originally posted by DebbieB
I was wondering about that. Is the G6 replacing the grand am? Or is it in addition? From looking at Pontiac's site, it looks like more of a high end performance grand am.

Yes, it's a replacement for the Grand Am. No more Grand Ams :(

We arived at MCO on Nov. 11th around 16:30 and went straight out to the EA expecting little to choose from. Boy were we pleasantly surprised. There were 3 Aztecs just waiting to be taken, so we obliged and took the red one :p My first impression was "Man is this a butt ugly car." But after driving it for a couple hours my opinion sure changed. It drives like a dream and there are absolutely no blind spots to be seen (or not seen as the case may be).

I think I found my new car :tongue: Now to figure out how to afford one :(

Any new reports? I'm arriving next Saturday around 2:30pm, hoping for a good car! I wouldn't mind trying one of those new G6's.

The new Pontiac G6 is the car that Oprah gave away to her audience recently. It looks like a really nice little car. I would love the chance to drive one.

Arrived on 11/26 at 3:00pm. Their was 2 pontiac G6 in the executive section. The EA had many grand prixs and malibus. We took a dk gray malibu with 135 miles. Drove great!! When we returned on 11/29 at 6:00pm, we were at the end of a very long line of returns. 11/30 should be interesting in the EA aisle!!!

mousey said:
Their was 2 pontiac G6 in the executive section.

I find this really interesting since National mailed a newsletter to all Emerald Club members stating that the G6 would be on the EA! Maybe someone needs to remind MCO about that.....

Duds

EA had lots of cars...Pontiac Grand Ams - Chevy Classics & 2 Dodge Stratus's.

There were plenty of cars...I was just hoping for something better...Sigh...

We selected a Silver Grand AM with 3K miles.

I was completely satisfied with the entire EA process.
National has a customer for Life!

On December 1 we returned the car and the EA had the same as above but there was 1 Burgandy PT Cruiser and 1 Burgandy Pontiac Vibe!!
I would have grabbed the Vibe in a Disney Magical Moment!!!

PS - Watch for my Trip Report Soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter