What improvements/changes would you like to see?

I have read in previous postings that something regarding timeshares can not be lawfully changed as they are setup in conjunction with state statutes (or something like that). If this is true, what can and can not be changed, room layout such as bed sizes or sleeper chairs, number of handicap rooms, etc or is it established procedures like booking regulations? Does DVC have its hands tied in what it can lawfully do?

:confused3
FL Statutes 721 (Timeshares) and 718 (Condo's) has a lot of information, rules, etc. However almost anything about the system can be changed in one way or another, even things that people think are written in stone like the 1 month home resort priority minimum or the 5 day stay maximum requirement. There may be other issues such as fire codes or other rules that make it impossible or impractical to change certain things. The question what are the requirement to change and in some cases it requires a vote of the actual owners and a super majority. And DVC has a responsibility to the members legally to act in the members best interest.

For studios at OKW and Inn Rooms at VB, convert some of the rooms by having only one bed and a sofa, instead of 2 beds.

How about better TV channels? I'm always amazed at the lack of channels. Every disney channel in every language, but no CNN or HBO. Your basic Holiday Inn has better cable offerings.

Would love "real" dishes in Studios.

If someone were so inclined to ask the “decision makers” for consideration on what someone thinks would be a worth wild enhancement, to who would such correspondence are directed?

Throughout the Dis Boards, I have seen thoughts I believe to be valid suggestions which if offered for considerations to the “decision makers” may result in a change or two.

It is one thing to reply in a thread but it may be more advantageous to send a note of to those “decision makers” who may think the suggestion is something that can be implemented thus resulting in improving the overall experience of DVC members.

Who knows, one or two suggestions may even make it to the 2007 Condominium Association Meeting...

I would like the option of booking nights via DVC points at Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Starwood, etc. - kind of on the point scale of what we can do now with the Club Intrawest resorts. I can't believe the big name brand vacation club companies haven't created something like this amongst their hotel brands. I mean, then someone that pays mega dues at Harborside Atlantis that wants to go to Disney one year and stay onsite could do it and vice versa.

Also, I'd like some real dishes in the studios, better quality towels and linens, and Direct TV or Dish Network.

If someone were so inclined to ask the “decision makers” for consideration on what someone thinks would be a worth wild enhancement, to who would such correspondence are directed?

Throughout the Dis Boards, I have seen thoughts I believe to be valid suggestions which if offered for considerations to the “decision makers” may result in a change or two.

It is one thing to reply in a thread but it may be more advantageous to send a note of to those “decision makers” who may think the suggestion is something that can be implemented thus resulting in improving the overall experience of DVC members.

Who knows, one or two suggestions may even make it to the 2007 Condominium Association Meeting...
I've offered many of these suggestions and many more over the years to DVC including resorts to add to the II exchange list.

Also, I'd like some real dishes in the studios, better quality towels and linens, and Direct TV or Dish Network.

YES!!! upgrade from the sandpaper towels and sheets that DO NOT FIT the beds! TV that include some basic cable stations!

At Grande Vista last week the bed had fitted sheets. Sheets that actually fit the bed and were fitted to boot.

At Grande Vista last week the bed had fitted sheets. Sheets that actually fit the bed and were fitted to boot.

On our last trip I was thinking the sheets were fitting fairly well. Then I happened to pull up the covers. They stopped a good 4 inches from the end of the mattress! I'm talking on the top, so your feet were actually on the mattress pad instead of sheet. I guess one housekeeper thought that was the best solution to the sheets that didn't fit!

1. I would like to see guaranteed booking categories at SSR that included DTD view.
2. I would like a discount on MYW tickets as we don't do APs.
3. Online availability checking or booking would be nice.

If they put #1 or #2 into effect- I would be in heaven. :cloud9: #3 would just be a nice convenience.

On our last trip I was thinking the sheets were fitting fairly well. Then I happened to pull up the covers. They stopped a good 4 inches from the end of the mattress! I'm talking on the top, so your feet were actually on the mattress pad instead of sheet. I guess one housekeeper thought that was the best solution to the sheets that didn't fit!
I actually don't mind when they use flat sheets for the bottom, must be my orderly background doing all those hospital corners. But just have a sheet that fits and is large enough to make the bed in such a way that it covers the mattress and has enough length to tuck it in well to stay for an entire week if not abused. The problem with the ones at Disney and most other places that use them are they simply aren't large enough to do it correctly.

One of the knock's on Marriott over the years was those horrible foam mattresses. Well that is a thing of the past and Marriott is now up there with Westin in that category.

It's funny you mentioned this, we just got back from BCV's on Friday and the bed in the master of a 2 br was made up just like that. Didn't really matter on this trip as we brought sheets from home to put on the bed. But I agree--- we need fitted sheets on ALL the beds!! :thumbsup2

Okay I have never been to one of the Owner meetings, but do you just sit there and listen to DVC management's prepared statements or do they allow for owners to ask about fitted sheets, more tv stations or any other of the items that have been mentioned in this thread?

This sheet gap is something I have come to think of as standard at DVC. One of the first things I do after checking in is re-make the bed. I don't have a need for fitted sheets--I actually like hospital corners--but, I would like the sheets to be big enough to cover the whole bed AND get tucked in.

I would like to see a better web site. With all of the stuff that DVC does right, the Web site is horrendous. This is really my only complaint.

Count me on in free high speed internet (I mean really, get with the program on this one. I think even Motel 6 offers free wi-fi).

I would love direct access to II for trading.

We would like to see new sofa beds at VWL. It's our favorite place to stay but my boys can't stand the sofa beds there!:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter