What improvements/changes would you like to see?

Having just returned from building 63 at OKW .. I'd love to see more buildings there with elevators. It was so much nicer to haul luggage in the elevator instead of up and down the stairs. Plus it was easier on my old knees.

I'd like to see larger TV's in the units, DVD players in all rooms, higher quality bedding and pillows, and of course better housekeeping standards...

The mattresses are the same as all the deluxe and the bedding is being upgraded this year.

These were at a large resort in Northern Michigan,(we've never looked at the Marriott's, etc) I think the 1/8 fractional share(1 week every other month) were $200 a month($2400) PLUS your share of property tax. All this for about $200K and up. This is for a 3br/3 level townhouse. Weeks would rotate per calendar in Master deed(so everyone gets Xmas week or 4th July week every x number of years).

We rented some of these units, some much older than OKW and they are immaculate. No stains on the carpet, no scratched up coffee tables, very well stocked kitchens(lots of pans & utensils). If owning you can put your unit in the rental pool(forgot the specifics), when renting you can pick your unit at time of reservation(no waiting until you get there to see if you get the dreaded dumpster view).

Sounds like the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons fractional ownership (timeshare) programs. That is a separate high-end market segment from DVC and Marriott (although Marriott owns Ritz). It will be interesting to see how the Four Seasons program develops on WDW property.

The market is very competitive. A competitor's advantage is quickly countered, although some of those changes may take several years to be fully implemented.

I'd like to see a change in the high-speed internet. Instead of charging $10/night (rounding up) charge $20 for the first one to four days, another $10 for days five through ten, another $10 for days eleven through fifteen and so forth. It wouldn't be an automatic charge but something that you can elect to have at any time during your stay and be charged for.

A larger shelf above the vanity like a pp mentioned. A slightly softer mattress would be nice. Six large bath towels in a studio as opposed to just four.

I'd like to see them add a sleeper chair to the 1 BRs at all the resorts so that all 1 BRs will sleep 5 instead of just AKV. Although it doesn't affect me directly, I know it would be helpful for families with 3 children.

Donna

Now that DVC has rethought or tweaked the policies of DVR units in the Studio units and the smoking policy, are there any other improvements/changes you can think of that would enhance your stay?
3 things for me:
Washer/Dryer in studios - would love to see that!
A second elevator at the end of the loooonngg hallway at BWV.
larger Flat screen televisions

Agree with OP - King size beds in studios too

I would like to see owners who book prior to the 7 month window given preference for requests.

I would also like a way to check availbility online. (I am not in favor of online reservations, since not everyone has internet access, plus I think it would be very frustrating for those who don't understand all the ramifications of points status & booking rules - i.e., banked, borrowed, transferred, holding, reservation, multiple contracts, waitlists etc.)

I would like waitlist requests to show online (via Members' Website) as well as the requests made on reservations.

I would like the home resort booking advantage to be longer - perhaps 5 or even 6 months instead of 4.

Here, here!! I second all of those, Carol!

I would love to see free wireless Internet access at all the DVC resorts.

housekeeping and maintenance would be top on my list. SEVERAL times have been disappointed in that area, and in the area of having the issues resolved while we were there.

Whoever said extra towels in the studios is a genius! Without and washer and dryer there those extra towels would sure come in handy!!

Being able to check availability online would be a plus for me too!:)

The mattresses are the same as all the deluxe and the bedding is being upgraded this year.

Oh wow, I didn't know they were upgrading the bedding. I guess one of my wishes came true! ;) Will they by chance be upgrading the towels too?

Good list. I would add on-line reservations and free high speed Internet.

As to room ready I would like a consistently applied policy. I have been told:

1. no rooms ready when others were checking in and getting rooms
2. I must wait till 4:00 pm as that is when rooms will be ready
3. here are the rooms available now
4. my pre-assigned room is being cleaned and to return in 30 minutes to check if housekeeping has released it

At this point I would just like consistency.

Agreed... we experienced the bliss of "room ready" for 5 or 6 years at VB, but the last 2 years we have had to wait until 4pm or after. something has changed... and we don't know what to expect next.

Okay, I'll bite.

I'd like to see:

- the waitlist faithfully and fairly applied

- a real indication that transfer points retain their original status

I agree with many of the other suggestions but really all I'm asking is that Disney execute their own rules fairly and consistently.

I guess that was suggested earlier but these two items are pet peeves of mine as the first undermines the fairness of the waitlist system (can you tell I'm batting 0 for 2 on waitlists? ;) ) and the second one undermines the advantages of home resort ownership.

I'd like to see them add a sleeper chair to the 1 BRs at all the resorts so that all 1 BRs will sleep 5 instead of just AKV. Although it doesn't affect me directly, I know it would be helpful for families with 3 children.

Donna

Plus, sleeper chairs would be way more comfy just for sitting in than regular stick chairs!

Originally Posted by Dean
How about the abililty to book a single stay at one time on the first day the reservation is available rather than being stuck with day by day or taking your chances..

I disagree, I don't think that's a good idea. For example, say I wanted to book December 7 to 12. On January 6, a bunch of people call in for December 5 to 12, then more people call on January 7. When I call on January 8, the rooms are already booked, I never had a chance.

How about the abililty to book a single stay at one time on the first day the reservation is available rather than being stuck with day by day or taking your chances.
I like this idea- but I have a question- I have heard other timeshares do this. How do they (or how would DVC) handle the scenario of people booking earlier than they intend to arrive in order to be first in line for their actual dates- Then calling back and cancelling the first days of their trip? Would you have to cancel and rebook the entire reservation if you wanted to make changes?

I disagree, I don't think that's a good idea. For example, say I wanted to book December 7 to 12. On January 6, a bunch of people call in for December 5 to 12, then more people call on January 7. When I call on January 8, the rooms are already booked, I never had a chance.
Obviously it will help some and not others, you simply have to look at the entire situation. The current situation puts the risk that they will get the 5th and 6th but you will get the 7th & 8th then they will get the 9th and 10th and you're both wait listing what the other holds. To avoid this you put a limit on how long you can reserve at one time AND you make any change in dates a cancellation and rebooking. Possibly you would require that such reservations be for a full week in that situation and yes I think you could do that with the current rules of a minimum stay listed as up to 5 days if you set it up correctly.

I like this idea- but I have a question- I have heard other timeshares do this. How do they (or how would DVC) handle the scenario of people booking earlier than they intend to arrive in order to be first in line for their actual dates- Then calling back and cancelling the first days of their trip? Would you have to cancel and rebook the entire reservation if you wanted to make changes?
As I noted above, you have maximum stays, possibly minimum stays as well and you have any change being a cancellation and rebooking. If you were willing to schedule an arrival that a few days earlier than the next person, you would have a better chance of getting what you wanted.

This approach would have the added benefits of less phone calls to MS both for scheduling and for changes. It'd remove much of the wait list issues though not all of them. But like any other change there would be winners and losers, it's simply my opinion that the overall benefits would far outweigh the downside. YMMV.

If they can guarantee a certain view, I don't understand why they can't guarantee a handicapped-accessible room or a non h/a. I would rather not go than know I"d be in a h/a room(Please don't flame me,it's just my feeling on the subject). With two little kids it is a nightmare. And that's just for our comfort, how about the people that need that handicapped room? That should be a guarantee for them.

I like the idea of a couple of extra towels in the studios.

I like the idea of requests given priority the longer out they're requested. It really affects travel plans knowing you need to checkin early to try and get a room that's not over the dumpster, lol!

If they can guarantee a certain view, I don't understand why they can't guarantee a handicapped-accessible room or a non h/a. I would rather not go than know I"d be in a h/a room(Please don't flame me,it's just my feeling on the subject). With two little kids it is a nightmare. And that's just for our comfort, how about the people that need that handicapped room? That should be a guarantee for them.

I like the idea of a couple of extra towels in the studios.

I like the idea of requests given priority the longer out they're requested. It really affects travel plans knowing you need to checkin early to try and get a room that's not over the dumpster, lol!
They could make them a direct booking category if they wanted and that would solve some of the issues and likely create others. I wish they would do so.

I have read in previous postings that something regarding timeshares can not be lawfully changed as they are setup in conjunction with state statutes (or something like that). If this is true, what can and can not be changed, room layout such as bed sizes or sleeper chairs, number of handicap rooms, etc or is it established procedures like booking regulations? Does DVC have its hands tied in what it can lawfully do?

:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter