What is Auntie doing?????

Originally we requested either a 200 or 600 loop. Upon check in they said there was something in the 200, we figured great, it's close to the marina area.
When we went to see the site. The back of the site looked stark, barren, and very swampy..there was quite a bit of sitting water on it. I'm assuming this was one of those cleared areas that others have referred to. When we checked in they had mentioned that 600 loop also had a site available, we immediately went to check out the site. It was great. We didn't even go back to the check in..we used the number they provide on the check in packet. Called, told them we didn't like the assigned site, and preferred one in the 600 loop. It still appeared open. They asked what site number it was, and then put us on hold. Came back on a few minutes later and said it was fine..to take that site. They would not the changes on their end. The 600 loop is centrally located, you're pretty close to the Meadow Trading area, where the pool is located, and if you didn't plan on a renting a golf cart, the Marina area is within walking/or biking distance. Tina's rental included bikes as well, which really makes renting the golf cart more a convenience than a necessity as far as I'm concerned. The rental was complete with camping chairs as well.

Glad your back! Nice to hear you had a great time.

I guess I'm missing something, how did you move Tina's 5er? Does she deliver it once your there?

I too like taking my time through the countries, unfortunately the girls have other things in mind. This year I plan on making them slow down so I can enjoy the festival.

Oopps...sorry..the 5'er wasn't there when we arrived. We checked in early say around 10:30 or so. The rental came closer to lunch time. At which point we received a phone call from the rental company asking us which site we had checked in for? So the 5'er went directly to the 600 loop.

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Check in time isn't technically until 1 PM. We arrived around 10:30 -11:00 am, and went to check in. Told them we were waiting on a delivery of a rental. It didn't matter to them if you rent or have your own..it's all the same check in procedure. The 5'er didn't arrive until closer to 1:00. We received a cell phone call from Camp At The Fort, indicating they knew we had checked in already, and wanted to know which site # to bring the rig to.

I would think if you are concerned about the site you will have, you may want to try, if you can, to be there earlier before the arrival of the rental. This way if you feel the need to change the site you will be able to.

Check in time isn't technically until 1 PM. We arrived around 10:30 -11:00 am, and went to check in. Told them we were waiting on a delivery of a rental. It didn't matter to them if you rent or have your own..it's all the same check in procedure. The 5'er didn't arrive until closer to 1:00. We received a cell phone call from Camp At The Fort, indicating they knew we had checked in already, and wanted to know which site # to bring the rig to.
Had you driven? I was wondering if we fly and arrived early - I guess we could visit the fort or a neighboring resort - but we would have our carry on bags.

What did you do with your time until the camper arrived?

Hey there Lafayette...Mandeville here...man theres a ton of things to do at the fort to pass the time while having alot of fun. Drop your bags off at check in and head to the beach/marina, or to the tavern for a beer, take a bus to ANYWHERE and do some siteseeing before the real vacation starts...catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge and grab a snack, or check out the gift shops at any resort including the fort....go to the horse stables and stroll through the barn. Unplanned time at the fort is often the best time at the fort.

Had you driven? I was wondering if we fly and arrived early - I guess we could visit the fort or a neighboring resort - but we would have our carry on bags.

What did you do with your time until the camper arrived?

We flew..and we rented a car. That was why it was easy to take a look at the site they assinged us. Then we went and had some lunch off property, when we received a cell phone call from the rental company that they had arrived, we met them at the site. He was just about done setting up by the time we arrived.

Hey there Lafayette...Mandeville here...man theres a ton of things to do at the fort to pass the time while having alot of fun. Drop your bags off at check in and head to the beach/marina, or to the tavern for a beer, take a bus to ANYWHERE and do some siteseeing before the real vacation starts...catch the boat to Wilderness Lodge and grab a snack, or check out the gift shops at any resort including the fort....go to the horse stables and stroll through the barn. Unplanned time at the fort is often the best time at the fort.

Hey Mandeville. I'm going to be in your town end of the month for a soccer tournament. Looking forward to it.

So - it sounds like I could store my carry on bags at the front desk just like I could at a "regular" resort? I've been to the fort before, but we've always had our camper with us. This time we'll be renting the 5'er from campatthefort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter