What made you smile today?

Gumbo4x4

Note to the ladies who forgot to
My 16-year-old truck has a little "actuator" electric motor in the HVAC system that opens and closes vents when you switch from AC to heat, etc. I had this replaced to the tune of nearly $500 sometime in the past year. It needs replacing again. Also picked up a noise in the past few days that I thought might be a bad wheel bearing, which is a similar cost to repair.

So, I drop the truck off st 8:00 and I get a call about noon. The actuator is covered under warranty - parts AND labor! On the downside, I was right about the bearing. $425 for that. Okay, that's better than $900+, right?

Well, it gets better. The shop called around 3:00 to say the truck was ready. Turns out, the bearing had been replaced somewhat recently and it too was a warranty replacement, though I did have to eat the labor. Total bill $142 after starting the day thinking I could be spending nearly a grand. I'm pleased :cool1:

Purchased a Blessing Basket at Animal Kingdom, on our last trip. I purchased it for myself, but after arriving home, I realized that I could gift it to a friend for Christmas and purchase another basket on our trip in January.

The problem was that I had lost, in transit, the laminated artisan tag.

I sent an email on Monday asking if it could be replaced.

And today, I received an email that they would be sending one in the mail for me.

Christmas plan saved.

Oh my goodness, Gumbo, that's amazing- I'm smiling FOR you!!

Actually, your rock and roll thread made me smile, remembering all those great tunes. Also, today I carved $220 off our hotel reservations for Thanksgiving and Christmas, just by juggling points and looking for lower rates and rebooking. YAY!!

Oh my goodness, Gumbo, that's amazing- I'm smiling FOR you!!

Actually, your rock and roll thread made me smile, remembering all those great tunes. Also, today I carved $220 off our hotel reservations for Thanksgiving and Christmas, just by juggling points and looking for lower rates and rebooking. YAY!!

Nice!!

I had to have a minor medical procedure today and needed my husband to drive me home, I scheduled it for late in the day so that it wouldn't be too disruptive to our schedules, and instead of just being my driver he took the whole day off work and we spent it together hanging out and catching up!!! Also, the procedure was much simpler than the doctor thought it would be, and I feel great, getting ready to watch some movies tonight with my husband and the dog popcorn::.

Total bill $142 after starting the day thinking I could be spending nearly a grand. I'm pleased :cool1:

This wasn't today, but this summer we bought DD19 a car for college- salvage title, but $4000 for a car with 29,000 miles. Took it to the dealership for alignment and they print out a quote for $1000 in repairs. DH took the part numbers off the quote, ordered them on eBay for $100, and fixed it himself.

Today I smiled because DD16 is home all evening and she worked on piano (yay!), we went for a walk, and watched Peter Pan.

Oh, also smiled when DD19 sent a Snapchat of her taco- she and her roommates made tacos tonight and she said she had the best roommates ever. I am so thankful she ended up with those girls.

I've spent the day going down memory lane - my only child turned 21 and I couldn't help remember the wonderful day he was born and many of the great birthday parties he had over the years. :goodvibes Of course the last thing he wanted to do tonight was spend it with Mom and Dad so no party hats or birthday cake this year. ;)

Kevin (probably) Saves the World- I never intended to watch this show but I was a huge John Ritter fan and Jason reminds me so much of him. The show is light and funny with some serious undertones. Jason Ritter is very funny in his own right. It’s a wonder I don’t wake up my kids as often as it makes me laugh out loud.

Today I got an email from my timeshare that there was finally a match for a 3 bedroom unit that I had been looking for for months. I had actually made a reservation for a 2 bedroom unit through a different timeshare company and was going to pay close to $1000 for what we needed. Now that the match has come through at the timeshare I own it won't cost me anything. It was a hard week to get also because it's Thanksgiving week and time was getting close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter