What say you Chefs de France or Kona for dinner?

salisboss

Earning My Ears
We are going in November and I am debating dinner on our Epcot day either earlier at say Chefs de France to allow time to do some more stuff after or a later dinner (7ish, I have a 4 yo that I don't want to kill the first day) at Kona? We are staying at Shades of Green across the street from Poly.

These are totally different vibes.

Chefs is bustling, bright, tightly spaced tables, and pretty loud. Kona is laid back with pleasant walks around a relaxing resort and waterfront before or afterward.

Personally, I only recommend eating dinner in Epcot if you’re staying for a late night for fireworks/closing. YMMV, but A 4y/o is probably going to crash after a park day with dinner. Better to be at a nearby resort than in a theme park with a long walk from the back of the park to a bus to a room…

We like both but with recent menu changes our pick would be Chefs. On top of that you are at Epcot so the choice is even easier.

Two very different restaurants in theming and cuisine.
We’ve stayed at Poly a few times so Kona was a convenient go to when wanted and the food didn’t make me feel like we were eating just for the sake of it.

We frequently eat French cuisine at home so it has to be a dish I was craving to go there.
I guess if given the choice of the two I’d choose CF. I’m partial to the salmon as it’s nice and tender without suffering from the overcooking so many are prone to do. I suspect the roast chicken was the man’s favorite dish; same for DGD.

Chefs de France for sure. Prix fixe is a good deal. My kids enjoyed the kids menu there when they were younger, too.

We ate at both in May. Did the prix fixe meal and it was good. Kona’s menu seemed very limited to me, but we were staying at the Poly. I would not return if we were not staying at the Poly.

I agree that the prix fixe is a good deal at Chefs and I also like Kona. With a 4 yo I would always opt for convenience and an earlier dinner time.

These are totally different vibes.

Chefs is bustling, bright, tightly spaced tables, and pretty loud. Kona is laid back with pleasant walks around a relaxing resort and waterfront before or afterward.

Personally, I only recommend eating dinner in Epcot if you’re staying for a late night for fireworks/closing. YMMV, but A 4y/o is probably going to crash after a park day with dinner. Better to be at a nearby resort than in a theme park with a long walk from the back of the park to a bus to a room…

I agree with this.. Especially if it is your 1st night there.
It has been awhile since eating at Kona but having recently dined at Chefs in April. The food was good but, the boeuf bourguignon tasted like my pot roast. 🤷‍♀️.

Chefs is one of our favorite restaurants so I will always recommend it. But we have also had really good meals at Kona, but we've only done breakfast there. I have seen some mixed reviews on Kona.

Are those really the only two choices? There are so many better TS restaurants at Epcot than Chefs (Teppan Edo and Via Napoli are our faves, but there are so many other good ones too).

Did not like Kona at all the one time we ate there. The sushi was almost inedible because there was too much vinegar in the rice, and the entrees were just not exciting. The lapu lapu was pretty good though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter