What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

In Maryland, the 4 stores I regularly go to do not have any TP or paper towels or napkins and only a few boxes of kleenex. It obvious to me that if people cant find TP they are improvising with their next choice of wipe, paper towels or napkins.

OK - ran to the store for odds and ends. The Pillsbury Crescent Rolls in a tube were almost all sold out. I caught Kevin staring at the display and I had to remind him that we don't buy/eat those in our normal lives why would you get them now and he said 'but...they're almost all gone'

So sort of related - we are seeing a lot of local restaurants offering special "to go" meal options .... anyone seeing anything super unique there?

One near us is offering a free bottle of wine with the purchase of two entrees

So sort of related - we are seeing a lot of local restaurants offering special "to go" meal options .... anyone seeing anything super unique there?

One near us is offering a free bottle of wine with the purchase of two entrees
Its now only drive thru, takeout, and delivery options. Dh did drive thru to treat me a shamrock shake and chicken nuggets for dinner (used salad at home to supplement).

He got the last 2% milk and a 4 pack of name brand tp. He has the luck of the Irish today.:shamrock:

In my area, All fresh meats seem to be sold out at multiple stores except for pork. Shelves are pretty much empty of entire sections of food. As someone who doesn’t get worried about hoarding, it’s still sad to see people loading their carts with large multiples of items when other shoppers are missing out on essentials now that shelves are empty

I have noticed that any of the cheaper items were sold out just not the more expensive, for instance, all the mt olive pickles were wiped clean but not the gringo pickles (the ones I buy) I also noticed roast beef from oscar mayer was wiped out buttons of the chicken or turkey, also the fruits and veggies were easy to get but the canned version wiped out. Same thing with bread the Publix brand was plentiful for a buck more but the cheaper stuff again wiped out. Maybe im a food snob typing this out.

Your all just lucky they had some sort of food. Lol slim pickins up here. Wallmart had only tripe left for meat. Some stores no dairy, veg, fruit or meats.

Your all just lucky they had some sort of food. Lol slim pickins up here. Wallmart had only tripe left for meat. Some stores no dairy, veg, fruit or meats.

we had no meat my wife asked me to go ask if there was more corn beef, I walked back to the meat shelves empty I didn't want to.. I asked the lady in the meat department if she had more I sware she looked into my soul I immediately said im sorry and walked away.

Last edited:
Our local stores are starting to get stuff back in. My daughter works at a grocery store and said that she snagged us some Charmin TP. They are limiting sales to 1 package per person. We were able to get some emergency Scott's TP and that stuff is like sand paper. IDK how they are still in business. LOL

Water. In any container. We currently can't drink our well water, so I have to buy bottled water. In the past I've been buying the large 5 gallon bottles, several at a time because with 6 people and 5 animals we go through a lot of water. And we are not soda or juice drinkers.

I went to the store two days ago and it was cleared out. I had to go to 3 stores just to get a few gallons, which will not last long. I'm going to ask my employer on Monday if I can fill a few of the gallon containers from the tap at work. Ugh! I don't understand why there's such a rush on water. Aside from my 3 neighbors, everyone else can drink their water. And most in my area don't even have wells.

Also, they were completely out of Doritos and regular oreos. I guess with school closings here everyone bought junk food???
Could you boil the tap water? My son got us a water filter for Christmas. It's the kind you screw into the faucet. I think he got it at Home Depot.
As far as the Oreos and Doritos totally feel your pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter