What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

In my area, All fresh meats seem to be sold out at multiple stores except for pork. Shelves are pretty much empty of entire sections of food. As someone who doesn’t get worried about hoarding, it’s still sad to see people loading their carts with large multiples of items when other shoppers are missing out on essentials now that shelves are empty

We have a fabulous "small town meat market" in our little town that has a fully stocked meat counter. This family owned market has served our little town for many, many years and they keep these cases full throughout the day!

482073 :tink:

Just got back and it was SO stressful. Produce and fresh meat are essentially gone. Limits of two breads TOTAL (buns, rolls, loaves or tortillas, etc.), limit 1 carton eggs per family. As well as limits on boxes, cans, dairy, etc but many sections are fully gone. Hour check out wait while a manager comes by to ensure you aren’t over many limits.

We have SINGLE digit Coronavirus cases in our whole state.

This...is nuts.
And there will hopefully continue to only be single digit coronaviruses cases in your state if people continue to stock up, stay home, and social distance....
The spread of this illness can be stopped only by prevention, not reaction. So, it’s good that people are following quarantine protocol with only one case :) There is a great video online of Italians saying what they could say to themselves ten days ago...

Just trying to be encouraging! It would be more nuts if people waited for the illness to spread throughout their community and then quarantine.

In the UK all supermarkets seem to have introduced a limit on what you can buy. They already had for things like TP but now you can only buy a max of 3 of *any item*
Managed to buy some pasta for the first time in weeks.

70% rubbing alcohol
That’s what I use to clean everything in the house normally... as well as my ratings & pierced ears holes( I only have 1 hole in each ear in case your wondering lol).
Shelves are wiped out in our local drug stores & supermarket here in Florida
same no rubbing alcohol and we need it for work for disinfectant

apparently milk you can freeze - who knew?!

Yep, it freezes very well. When I was young and started my first job at 15(back in 1988), there was a lady who's husband was in the military and they had, in the past, been stationed in Panama. She said that they would fly in groceries from the states once a month. So they would get their milk allowance for the whole month and freeze it. I think that more people need to know this. It might help some preserve their milk. Side note, last week when we went to Walmart, there was a family that bought 12 gallons of milk(hoarding) and I assume they were going to freeze it.

DW sent me out with a list at 7am hoping they had stocked shelves overnight.

Still no tp of course.

But the weird one was banana peppers. We are making pizza for dinner tonight and the section of jarred peppers was completely wiped out. Pizza will be a little bit less flavorful:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter