What was your first resort?

The Wilderness Lodge and it still is our very favorite!

I saw where they are starting to re-do some of the rooms. I obviously haven't been but from the pictures I can't decide if I like the new design or not. But the rest of the resort does look awesome. Maybe some day!

In the Contemporary, it was when I was 6 or 7 years old. I remember having a lake view room and I thought it was so cool that Chef Mickeys was right below us and so was the monorail. And I think the elevator had Minnie Mouse announce what floor you were on

Contemporary Resort in 1976. I was 17 and in high school band. We were invited to march in the bicentennial parade. The closest I have gotten to staying there again is Bay Lake Tower.

Caribbean Beach in 1990 when I was a kid. Main memory I have of it is ironically my mom doing laundry on a rainy day while spending time in the room with my sister. Been back to many resorts on property since then, but never there. We have a trip booked this December (fingers crossed) to stay at Caribbean Beach with my sister, her family and our parents.

Fort Wilderness campground - January 1972

Contemporary Resort - July 1972

First visit, offsite @ the closest Howard Johnson...we’re taking when there was, ahem, only 1 park :)

First onsite property was All Star Music. Stayed at all the values, no issue until we ran into one too many cheer/twirl groups & bought into DVC.

If we don’t stay on points & can’t get into the Wyndham Bonnet Creek as a rental, we usually wind up back at ASMu. the three calballeros pool is one of my favorites :)

First on-site was Dixie Landings in 1993 when I was a kid.

First with my own children was Animal Kingdom at Kidani in 2016.

First and second visits we stayed at POR. That was 2010 and 2016. Enjoyed it very much but don't need to go back.

We have also stayed at POP, Sports, and AoA. We enjoyed all of them, but POP is the favorite.

First resort was the Contemporary as a kid.
First resort as a paying adult was also Contemporary.
First resort as an adult with kids = Animal Kingdom.

2008 Split stay at CSR (pre refurb) and ASMo. First time staying on property AND with kids, so it was pretty exciting. We haven‘t been back to either resort simply because I want to stay at as many as possible. I wouldn’t mind staying at ASMo again, but they don’t usually include it in the special offers.

Port Orleans Riverside in 2010

Took the wrong boat from MK to Hoop de Doo and ended up at Wilderness Lodge. Walked around for 30 minutes and kids loved it

Been hooked ever since

Dixie Landings (POR Riverside) in 1996, Caribbean Beach in 1997. Then we bought DVC 😍

CBR when it was relatively new. Ironically, it was the last resort we visited (during the construction of the gondolas and DVC). I love that each island has its own pool.
Hoping to return to WDW in August 2021 and stay at Yacht Club (another favorite). :sail:

AKL Jambo House. 3 nights in April 2016. Went back on our next trip to Florida, in December 2019...

The Polynesian for our first family trip back when I was in high school. Now my parents own DVC there!

Riverside Royal Room in 2016 and it was a delight! Beautiful grounds and relaxed feel. It was the first leg of a split stay with Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Polynesian and we have been back many times while putting others in between. It has my heart, but until the mattresses are new, I prefer the Grand or PORR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter