what was your main reason for joining a forum?

To enlighten people with my presence.

Actually, in all honesty, I was planning a dream holiday with my then DGF and wanted help packing it all in. It was to be the first time I'd ever left the country, let alone flown on a plane!

I was home on bedrest with DD#1 who is about to turn 17 and was lonely. Lurked for a long time and then joined!

Oh! Was spurred on to join because DH took a job that had him traveling out of town Sunday - Thursday each week. It was my adult interaction when he was away!

I was in between message boards and missing the social aspect of message boards, and I was also planning a Disney vacation. I knew my aunt was on this board, and liked it.

So far you are the old timer, August 26, 1999 according to the boards.

Watch this "old timers" stuff! When I first joined here, we had 2 DSs in school, now they're long since out and on their own. Even prior to joining, a read these boards for almost a year. The internet was so new to me that I didn't know I could join!

I had been a time or tow, but I started having more advanced questions as I became a more advanced WDW visitor. I just like the people here and like talking about Disney!

Like many have already said, I found the DIS while planning a trip and just stayed on. - I figured since people had been so helpful answering my questions, I'd hang around and try to help some newer folks in return.

Beyond that, it just became fun. I'm generally a better conversationalist in writing than I am in person, so it's nice to have that outlet. :)

Joined to find info for a WDW trip I was planning for my brother. Not sure how I ended up on the CB but glad I did.........17 years ago! :goodvibes

I've always liked online communities - from the days of Internet Relay Chat to founding my own forum. The Dis has had its ups and downs but I've always enjoyed being here and will stay put. I know FB has drawn a lot of people away to other communities and I do belong to a few FB groups - but there is something about how a forum is set up that is so much more friendly to looking for information.

I know how much work it is to keep a forum running and am grateful to other Dis'ers for keeping the great conversation flowing!

Way back in 2000 I was planning a surprise trip for my girlfriend's birthday. It would be my first visit as an adult staying on site so I had a lot to learn. My sister recommended this site.

I learned about the Sunshine Getaway package and stayed 7 nights at BWI with hoppers and breakfast anywhere each morning for somewhere around $1700 IIRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter