What will we celebrate? BLESSINGS!!*Trip # 10

Hey Shawna! :goodvibes

If everything went smoothly, I believe y'all should be home now! :) Hope you all had a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear all about it! Come fill us in ASAP girl! :hug:

Have a great trip, Shawna! :cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

We'll be praying for your Mom. :grouphug:

I missed your send off but I hope you are having a fantastic time in Disney right now! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!

Happy belated birthday to your "baby" and sending prayers for your mom!

Hey Shawna! :goodvibes

If everything went smoothly, I believe y'all should be home now! :) Hope you all had a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear all about it! Come fill us in ASAP girl! :hug:

Thanks everyone!! Yep,,.we got home late last night! DS14 had a good bday..first year he hasn't done something with friends/party. He is at that weird stage..not feeling like he fits in, but not like he is left totally out! CRAZY!!! Anyway, he got a new camera and some cool books, Itunes and the Owl City cd(which is really neat...you should check out Fireflys!)...he was just happy to be 14!!! My mom is still unsure of what she's gonna do....I appreciate the prayers...she knows WHAT she needs to do.. but it's gonna be hard for her to do it. Which of course is hard for me,...when I know something needs to be done, I just do it-I'ld rather get it over with than have it hanging over my head! Anyhoo~~~
Our trip was very good--of course, we weren't ready to come home. This time we got up and at 'em earlier than we usually do and had most evenings and one day of just relaxing...made for a better time. Also, we didn't get a stroller...DD kept up very well...and we really didn't have to drag coats..if we had them we were wearing them!! so,,, the need for a stroller wasn't there.
One complaint--and I will talk more about it in the Trip Report...I will not go back during PopWarner week. I know I said we were there during it before and it was doable...this time was different....the cheer girls, and the pee wee boys were in the parks every day. Not so before..or not that you would notice. Some of the girls were okay...but most were REALLY loud. And several(I hate to say all, but definitely the majority) of the boys were rude. They cut in lines(or were trying to and got caught) running through the parks where people were walking (not like a kid running to catch a parent...running like in groups)..which of course meant they were running into people and just being unruly. Several of the groups were yelling..at one point I thought I heard some nasty talk and thought, surely not,...but it was! This was one of the few groups I saw with an adult leader and he turned around and shouted to the herd "that's enough!!" Shut them up for a while! I was just surprised how many groups had NO adult supervision. Totally irresponsible on the leaders' part. I am seriously thinking of finding out who to talk to with Disney Management and asking them to stop letting them in the parks without adults. I really think they should be assigned one park per day...this could at least let us avoid them better.....it was all very unneccessary. When they werent around it was fine..it was busy in the afternoons..but not crazy.
So... I got errands/chores today, but later or even tomorrow I will start my Trip Report..got a few changes to our original plans!!! Wait and see!!! OH!...I saw Sheree (MNDISNEYGIRL) and her family several times! We had a good time together! They are so sweet!! She left on Th morning for the cruise...haven't talked to her since.She is suppose to do a TR, so we'll see what she says!! It's good to be home!! I missed ya'll and thought about ya'll while I was there!

Welcome back Shawna!!

Glad you had a nice relaxing trip. Well except for the Pop Warner thing. There is actually a thread about it on the resorts board. I haven't read it but it sounds bad from the title. Maybe if enough people complain they will do something about it. . .

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :goodvibes

That's what I was thinking! I met one lady from our resort on the nonorail who was pretty aggravated at one of the kids coaches. She was talking about how that morning waiting for a bus, he was shouting out some pretty bad stuff. She gave him a look, and he apologized, then turned around and did it again!! Her DH said something and she said, we have kids here! He said, Oh, i am sorry,.I am just kinda stressed today. WEIRD! I know Disney thinks in terms of $$$$, but if people are gonna have their kids subjected to filthy talk and obnoxious kids, it's not gonna be worth it.

That's what I was thinking! I met one lady from our resort on the nonorail who was pretty aggravated at one of the kids coaches. She was talking about how that morning waiting for a bus, he was shouting out some pretty bad stuff. She gave him a look, and he apologized, then turned around and did it again!! Her DH said something and she said, we have kids here! He said, Oh, i am sorry,.I am just kinda stressed today. WEIRD! I know Disney thinks in terms of $$$$, but if people are gonna have their kids subjected to filthy talk and obnoxious kids, it's not gonna be worth it.

I hate when adults act as bad (or worse) than the kids. :sad2:

How were the crowds/wait times?

Headliners, like Rnr, TSMM, BRMTRR..longest was usually posted at 30 minutes..most of the time it was shorter than what they posted. Some times the waits were only posted at 5 or 10 minutes..nothing was terrible...we only FPed a few things..didn't really need to do more. The crowds varied...mornings were usually slow, filling up in the afternoons. I did use TGM and it was pretty good most days...yesterday at MK was suppose to be slow...NOT hardly! One of the busiest times I saw all week!! I enjoyed the Christmas decor...but I wouldn't pick that time again...especially with the Pop thing. I really liked Jan.... we have done Oct before and I liked it, but it's just as humid as it is at home, so we try to avoid that. Nov was good....May was pretty warm!! I think if I could miss Easter, and Spring break, March/April will be a good time also....but it just seems that it's busy all the time now!! Ha! No way to avoid the crowds at some point!!!
DH said before we left home that this would be our last Disney trip for a while..he wants to go other place for the next couple of years....could I change his mind this week? I don't know!!!! Maybe
!!!

Welcome Back!!!!

Can't wait to read your TR!!!:goodvibes

Sorry about the POP Warner stuff. That is awful. Disney should really do something about that.

Did you get to see any of the college football players there Thursday at the Boardwalk for the ESPN awards show????

Jo

Hey Jo!! No, we didn't see them. I was so aggravated with the football/cheer stuff,I probably would have walked right past them anyway! Ha!!!
Its gonna take me FOREVER to do my pics! I had my camera, dh had his, and ds brought his new one that he got for his bday!!

SHAWNA!!!!! :goodvibes So glad y'all got home safely! :hug: I was watching the Continental flights yesterday and saw that some of them were delayed! I was hoping that you guys were all okay! :) Glad you had a good time, can't wait to hear all about it! :cool1: So sorry to hear about all the Nasty Pop Warner stuff! That will make me think twice about ever going that week! :headache:

Hello :santa: Joining in on your PTR!! You have a beautiful family and an adorable dog!

I haven't read through the whole thing yet, I'll work on that, just wanted to say hi!!!

Welcome Home Shawna!!! Hope the trip was wonderful besides the Pop crowds. Last Jan we had the Brazilian tour groups that were obnoxious and loud and some girl dance teams arriving the weekend we were leaving. It definitely changed the crowds. We mainly saw the dance teams at the Food Court at CBR but most were very respectful. The Brazilian Tours on the other hand, not so much but at least they were speaking a different language so if foul words were spoken my kids didn't understand it. You really would think that Disney would have a few more rules and regulations for groups like those. I guess the $$$ is worth it.

:goodvibes Welcome home!!!

So sorry you had crowd control issues with the Pop Warner kids!! When are the times of year the Pop Warner kids generally go??? I've heard of cheer groups and Brazillian tour groups, but now we have to worry about Pop Warner groups too?! AyYAYAY :confused3

Can't wait to jump on board your TR!

:goodvibes Welcome home!!!

So sorry you had crowd control issues with the Pop Warner kids!! When are the times of year the Pop Warner kids generally go??? I've heard of cheer groups and Brazillian tour groups, but now we have to worry about Pop Warner groups too?! AyYAYAY :confused3

Can't wait to jump on board your TR!

The pop group is usually this time every year...the second week of Dec...after like the 4th or 5th..that next week....I will not do this again...maybe after Tday into the beginning of Dec, but not this week!!! I have tooons to do today...a million pieces of laundry, groceries...church stuff...so maybe I can get these one trillion pictures downloaded tomorrow...I am thinking TR next week!!! If earlier...I will, but I just don't see it before then!! I am tired!! Ha!!!

Hang in there guys...I will try to start my TR next week...it's just too much going on right now...and hopefully I will have a title by then....

Hey ya'll!! Just wanted to pop on and say it's gonna be a while!! I am on my hubbys laptop...he didn't need it today,...mine is in the shop!! They said it will be between 7 days and 3 weeks!!:scared1: So...I am computer free till then...hopefully I will get it back next week...we start back to school and my kids' Math is on there....I will try to check in when I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter