What would you do??

pbharris4

DIS Veteran
We have 2 contracts BCV (175pts) & VWL (50). We stayed at HHI on the way back at Xmas and loved it (of course it wasn't the summer though). I was thinking of looking for a 65 pt contract for HHI to give us that 11 month window there (we'd go every other year in the summer). It seems really hard to get in during the summer.

We'd still be able use the pts at WDW at the 7 month window (like we do with VWL). We'd get an extra 15 pts out of it and shouldn't be more than what we paid for VWL. (I didn't run the financials yet..just assuming right now). Would you buy at HHI to get that 11 month window or would you keep VWL?

We bought a 60 point HH contract (direct from Disney) a couple of years back to do exactly what you are trying to do, so you know what my opinion is, LOL. It has worked out great.

Unless you are trying for VWL in December, I would buy at HHI because I think the 11-month window is more critical for summer travel. It is already hard to get summer reservations at HHI.

HHI is the smallest DVC, and with thousands and thousands of new AKV owners (and then CRV owners.....:stir: ) - there will still only be one HHI resort.

We'll likely add-on at either HHI or VB this year for this very reason. I don't care that much about where I stay at WDW - any of the DVC's are fine with me. I would, however, be heartbroken, if in 5-10 years I found myself unable to spend a week at one of the DVC beach properties every summer.

If I went through Disney would the price be the same as other sold out DVCs (I think it's at $95/pt)? If I went resale I saw some listed (although not the amt. of pts and not the UY I wanted) for $72/pt..is that too low?

It would be nice to go somewhere else once in awhile. I want to piggyback the pts. One year take a nice BCV vacation 175 +175 pts. And then the next year do HHI 65+65.

DH wants to stay there in the summer to see if we like it during the busier time before we do this. We'd have to find a hotel because Disney is always booked. It was nice in December.

HHI is the smallest DVC, and with thousands and thousands of new AKV owners (and then CRV owners.....:stir: ) - there will still only be one HHI resort.

I think this is the best reason for obtaining HH or VB points. With SSR and AKV (huge) resorts being the latest builds, I think the pressure for beach resort rooms is going to rachet up and become near impossible to get at the 7month mark in the not too distant future.

I think this is the best reason for obtaining HH or VB points. With SSR and AKV (huge) resorts being the latest builds, I think the pressure for beach resort rooms is going to rachet up and become near impossible to get at the 7month mark in the not too distant future.

That's why DH wants to check VB out, if we like it, we'll get the points.

good points...i'll have to email this to DH! now I really want to do it! more so at HHI because it's a 1 day drive. thanks everyone for your opinions!

If I went through Disney would the price be the same as other sold out DVCs (I think it's at $95/pt)? If I went resale I saw some listed (although not the amt. of pts and not the UY I wanted) for $72/pt..is that too low?

I recently passed ROFR and bought a 50 point HHI resale contract through TSS at $76 a point, which I was told is "standard" price for a small contract at that resort.

Thanks for sharing that. So I guess somewhere around that figure is good. I wonder if there is a huge waitlist for HHI?

We have 2 contracts BCV (175pts) & VWL (50). We stayed at HHI on the way back at Xmas and loved it (of course it wasn't the summer though). I was thinking of looking for a 65 pt contract for HHI to give us that 11 month window there (we'd go every other year in the summer). It seems really hard to get in during the summer.

We'd still be able use the pts at WDW at the 7 month window (like we do with VWL). We'd get an extra 15 pts out of it and shouldn't be more than what we paid for VWL. (I didn't run the financials yet..just assuming right now). Would you buy at HHI to get that 11 month window or would you keep VWL?
If you'd use them mostly at HH it certainly makes sense. As to whether it's the best choice depends on you and when you'd go to HH. For mid June to the first week of August I'd say you really should buy at HH if you want to go every other year. For other times I wouldn't buy there option rather for something that would give you an 11 month window at WDW, possibly AKV.

Thank you, Dean! I'm sorry for not thanking you earlier. I subscribe to this thread but didn't your reply for some reason. Thank you! I think we are going to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter