Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am going to Disney for a week with my partner this summer (we are both in our mid twenties) and trying to decide where to stay. Since we have had to cancel quite a few trips, we decided we are going to stay deluxe this time. We plan to spend a decent amount of time at the resort and in the pool this trip, so we want a resort that will be nice to relax and spend time at. We are are trying to decide between:

-Water View Beach Club
-Water view Yacht Club
-Standard view at Poly
-Garden View at Grand Floridian

Proximity to the parks is important to us which is why we are between these four resorts, but we are open to other deluxe suggestions as well! We have explored all of these resorts at least briefly, but the only resort we have stayed at is the Grand Floridian. However, it was only for a short trip so we did not get to really experience the resort as much as we'd have liked. Please let us know which one you would choose and why! Thank you!

Personally - I would do either Yacht Club or Grand Floridian - my only hesitation for Yacht Club is that Stormalong Bay is loud and full of kids and may not give you the quiet and relaxing pool experience you’re looking for...

Hi everyone!

I am going to Disney for a week with my partner this summer (we are both in our mid twenties) and trying to decide where to stay. Since we have had to cancel quite a few trips, we decided we are going to stay deluxe this time. We plan to spend a decent amount of time at the resort and in the pool this trip, so we want a resort that will be nice to relax and spend time at. We are are trying to decide between:

-Water View Beach Club
-Water view Yacht Club
-Standard view at Poly
-Garden View at Grand Floridian

Proximity to the parks is important to us which is why we are between these four resorts, but we are open to other deluxe suggestions as well! We have explored all of these resorts at least briefly, but the only resort we have stayed at is the Grand Floridian. However, it was only for a short trip so we did not get to really experience the resort as much as we'd have liked. Please let us know which one you would choose and why! Thank you!
For a summer resort heavy trip for pool lovers, there is no better option than Stormalong Bay (at Yacht & Beach Club). Polynesian is in 2nd place, but it isn't a close 2nd (and it could possibly still be under construction this summer, making it a definite no). Grand Floridian is a distant 3rd. Stormalong Bay not only has a large sand bottom pool with a pirate-ship themed water slide and small lazy river, it also has 3 hot tubs. The other deluxe resort pools only have one hot tub per pool. Stormalong Bay is also the only resort pool where CMs are stationed at the entrances to scan the MBs of entering guests to keep crashers out, and that really keeps crowding down.

So that leaves Yacht Club or Beach Club. They are connected and share many of the same facilities, so it basically comes down to your taste in resort room. Beach Club resort rooms have carpet, and are more light and beach themed. Yacht Club has pseudo-wood laminate flooring, and a very conservative, barely Disney appearance. Personally I prefer the Beach Club look and think it's more summery, but that's just a matter of taste. If you're talking about a Beach Club Studio vs. a Yacht Club Resort Room, I'd definitely go with the Yacht Club as I'm not a big fan of the studios. Also, Yacht Club rooms almost always have full balconies or patios, which might matter to you. And Yacht Club is currently the only Disney resort offering in-room dining.

Last edited:

Mid 20’s? Summer? Adults only trip?

YC, definitely (in my humble opinion).

Big pool, among the best pool bar out there, lots of dining options, walk to two parks, newly-renovated rooms, a slightly more adult-oriented vibe. YC would be my personal choice, without much debate.

For an adults-only trip, I would do YC, water view. If you want a quieter room, request a room overlooking Crescent Lake (not overlooking the pool). I love that area of the resort - it's nice to sit on the balcony and watch the boats go by.

You might also want to consider a deluxe studio at BCV. If you are ok with one queen bed, you will then have a sofa, full coffee maker and microwave. I love BCV as its the closest to EP and the Skyliner, plus a super quick walk to Marketplace and the resort bus stop. Also love being close to the quiet pool at the villas.

Literally all I take are adults only trips, and like...I get everyone saying “adults only = Yacht Club!” but “mid 20s” just screams Lapu Lapu and vintage tiki kitsch to me way more...that could be the childless millennial in me talking again though. :flower:

My only concern would be the Poly may not be open again by the time you go, and we still don’t know when the Epcot monorail will come back online. It sounds like you’re already leaning towards BC/YC anyway. They’re both great resorts and I’m heading to YC myself this summer. But it’s definitely my second choice. I just had to add my 2 cents that Poly is absolutely fantastic for adults only trips.

You should look into Riviera. Gondolas to two parks and the rooms and grounds are gorgeous and tranquil—perfect for a resort stay.
GF would be my second choice.
Poly is under construction so that would not be my first choice for a first deluxe experience. BC and YC are fine, but neither screams relaxation to me.

Another YC fan, I've stayed at almost all the resorts on property (haven't stayed in SS, RIV, WL or AoA) and YC is my all time favorite. We used to stay in Poly all the time but that was before the Epcot resorts were built and my son was a kid. Poly is nice but always seems loud in the main building and full of kids. GF is nice and the only reason we don't stay there any more is MK is just a half day park for us, we tend to spend most of our time in Epcot and HS. BC is fine but a little more kid friendly so can get loud and the rooms don't all have full balconies. I've had a view of Crescent Lake a couple of times at YC and loved it, so relaxing at night to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine (or whatever your favorite adult beverage is) and watch the lights across at BW. I also get up early in the morning (even on vacation) and love sitting on the balcony and watching the resort wake up. I'm not a huge fan of Stormalong Bay, very loud and crowded but love the leisure pools. Bonus - if you are a runner/jogger or early morning walker, can't beat the walk around the lake early in the morning.

Yacht Club we had a room with a quiet pool view it was awesome. Spoiled me so much. Storm a long bay is a blast, the quiet pool and hot tub awesome.

Yacht Club water view. You should have a view of the lake area (not just a pool) and imo is the nicest view although it's a lot extra. To save money, YC garden view. Being able to walk to Epcot/WS and DHS is very nice.

Hands down, YC CL WV if club level is available. I have stayed there many times. You can get a nice view of the pool and lake and I have never been bothered by any noise from the pool in my dozen or so stays there. Stormalong Bay is a a beautiful pool with a great water slide, the best pool in Disney. Perfect walk to the boardwalk, Epcot and HS. Beautiful in the early morning for a walk around the boardwalk, boardwalk bakery etc... take my word for it you will absolutely love it. Amy other questions, please ask me.

I can speak to “water view” at Beach club. Could we see the water, sure, but was really of the quiet pool and grass where folks walked their dogs in the morning. Proximity to Epcot was amazing as was the pool complex. Would I ever stay there again. Absolutely not.

I can speak to “water view” at Beach club. Could we see the water, sure, but was really of the quiet pool and grass where folks walked their dogs in the morning. Proximity to Epcot was amazing as was the pool complex. Would I ever stay there again. Absolutely not.

Just because of the view?

Whenever I see "Absolutely not" regarding a resort or restaurant, I wonder about the details that cause so vehement a response.

I have only stayed at the Beach Club out of your list of choices. We have stayed there twice and loved it both times! The first time we were there we had park hoppers and we would finish each day at Epcot with a nice meal and beautiful stroll back to our room. The 2nd time was just for a resort stay with no park visits. Different kind of trip, but still very enjoyable. The 2nd time we were there we didn't ask for a water view, but when we checked in, they told us we had been upgraded to a water view. When we got to our room, we just laughed. We had a small balcony that two people could just fit on while standing and you had to lean way over and look to your right. When you did this, you could see one little corner of Stormalong Bay. So if you ask for a water view, be sure you are satisfied with said view. :-)

Happy Planning! All your choices seem like great choices. Depending how long you are staying you could do a split stay and try two out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter