What's a habit you picked up from your parents?

Checking to makes sure the stove is off, the oven is off, the coffee pot is off, the straightener is unplugged, the back door is locked 1000 times before leaving the house šŸ™„šŸ˜¬

My Dad would always say ā€œput it upā€ instead of put it away. So I have always said this to my kiddos when they were growing up.
My mother I try to do NOTHING the way she does. She treats a total stranger better than she has ever treated me. I have paid off cars for her, buy her a new IPhone whenever she felt she needed one, even bought her a BRAND NEW car last Christmas, only for her to say she didnā€™t like it šŸ„“ So, NO more. Iā€™m done. She is almost 80 years old, so she will never change. I gave up after so many people told me to just not bother with her anymore. Itā€™s been 8 months since we last spoke, I feel bad, but it is what it is.

Watching Jeopardy (from my dad)
Sending birthday cards (from my mom)

These two apply to me too!

I used to watch Jeopardy with my father during our lunch breaks, his from work, mine from elementary school, and have continued with the show ever since.

I have sometimes wondered if both the postal service and hallmark would have lasted as long as they have without my mother. She is a longtime heavy card and note sender. Cards are sent for every occasion. I must admit I donā€™t send them for things like Thanksgiving and St Patrickā€™s Day, so have only partially followed her example.

My Dad would always say ā€œput it upā€ instead of put it away. So I have always said this to my kiddos when they were growing up.
My mother I try to do NOTHING the way she does. She treats a total stranger better than she has ever treated me. I have paid off cars for her, buy her a new IPhone whenever she felt she needed one, even bought her a BRAND NEW car last Christmas, only for her to say she didnā€™t like it šŸ„“ So, NO more. Iā€™m done. She is almost 80 years old, so she will never change. I gave up after so many people told me to just not bother with her anymore. Itā€™s been 8 months since we last spoke, I feel bad, but it is what it is.
You have my sympathy. My mom is the same way. Iā€™m a mom. I donā€™t get how you can treat your children that way. My life is so much more peaceful without her. ā¤ļøā¤ļø

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter