What's the last thing you do before leaving?

Go to MK one last time, take in all the sounds and smells, and of course watch the people go by. As we are leaving, I stand in front of the train depot on Main Street and say good-bye to the castle (yes, with tears in my eyes!) :sad1:

I've only been once but I DO want a tradition. Last time we ran around like mad ppl trying to see things we missed and kept putting off. There were 13 of us lol. we split up and everyone just went their own ways. Some went to DHS, some went to MK, some went to Epcot, and some went to the Boardwalk. I personally went to ALL 4 LMAO! But to be honest I did so because I was trying to find everyone so we could all watch the afternoon parade at MK where 5 of our family members were made Grand Marshalls :) I'm thinking that is not exactly the typical trip to Disney.

I did however grab my last Caremel apple from some shop on Main Street and eat it while I was soaking my feet in the hot tub at the resort! Maybe that'll be my tradition?

Oh and I cried profusely the next morning as we drove OUT under the arches but DUH right?

The last day we pick a park for morning and afternoon and do our favorites one more time then that evening we head to MK. We do all our favorites and end it yes with Wishes and then linger down Main Street soaking it all in then take the final Monorail ride home where we usually pause for in front of for a sad picture. :sad2:

Just curious to see some of the responses, but what is the last thing you do before leaving Disney? Do you enjoying the resort, shopping at DTD, hitting the parks one last time, go find hidden mickey's, go looking for that perfect picture? Anything goes except "cry" which is not an answer.....:lmao:

BTW- our last day usually consists of shopping at DTD....

We used to always end our trip at DTD but lately we've just spent the day at the resort. On our last trip we went to MK in the morning and then hung out by the pool. I enjoyed going to the MK on our last day and we might do it again.

It really doesn't matter what i do as long as i spend the last day at MK. I believe that last 2 times we where there me and DW rode Pirates as the last thing. But i hate leaving... :sad1:

We always do a character breakfast in one of the hotels not in the parks. Fill up to the max - and say goodbye to our friends before the long drive home.

We have our last day in the parks, spend one more night, and leave the next day. We have a long drive back home, so we don't head back after a full day in the parks. We always head over to DTD, though to pick up those last few souvenirs and have lunch (at Wolfgang Puck's last 2 trips). Then we reluctantly get in and start that drive, waving goodbye to everything along the way. ;)

Have a huge late breakfast at Boma or Cape May and hit the road for home around noon

Go to DTD and grab last minute souvenirs.
Have a really nice character Breakfast at 1900 park fare.
Cry all the way to the airport:sad1: :sad1:
Start planning the next trip while in the airport waiting to board the plane!!!

Well I don't cry because leaving gives you a reason to go back! I have trips booked through 2011 (my uncle books Hotel, so it's pretty much set :banana:) so I don't need to cry becuase I know I'm going back.

Anyways, I always end with Wishes. Always.

We spend the last day in the MK. Not really worrying about getting on rides, but taking a walking tour of the whole thing, taking in all the details and sounds. Then a train ride to rest and enjoy the view, ending with one last long look at the castle, trying to absorb the magic through my eyes! Then of course a teary goodbye and off we go.

We spend our last day walking an discovering the resort go for a swim maybe arcades and wait until the magic express bus picks us up to take to the airport.

Hit Mickey's Philharmagic and IASW one last time and then load up on frozen cokes and those sugary almonds with all our left over snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter