What's the last thing you do before leaving?

We always go to Epcot on our last day, and we always ride Spaceship Earth before exiting the park (while crying!! ;) )

For as long as I can remember we always do MKon our last day, its the day to hit the rides we missed, see our favorites again, we always eat dinner at Tony's and finish off with the kids crashed in the strollers, crying watching the fireworks and then taking out time in the shops before my husband drags me to the car :rotfl: This year will be our first with the MNSSHP so our rides or experiences may change a bit , but i still see me being dragged out crying :lmao:

On our last morning I always try to take a walk around the resort lake or the resort itself before people get up and get going. Just me, my mickey resort mug and the little animals I see on my walk. A peaceful way to end a vacation. Of course in all of the quiet, I am planning our next trip! :yay:

The latter part of our last full day is spent at MK. I must see Wishes one last time. I really hate this day because the entire day is filled with a sad, depressed like feeling...the feeling that you about to leave the magic for the real world. :sad2:I must have a Dole Whip at some point during the day/night. There is always some shopping too. My DD cannot leave WDW with any money in her pocket.:rolleyes:

The next morning we like to have a Character breakfast. It is always fun and lightens our "I don't want to go home" attitude. It is also great to 'fill-up' before we hit the road for that drive back.

If I were not a grown, 43 year old woman, my husband would be dragging me out of the Magic Kingdom like the spoiled rotten (inner) 7 year old than I am- kicking, screaming, begging, and pleading not to leave. There would be tears and drama and pouting all the way home too. Fortunately I have out grown that. :rotfl:
It sure doesn't mean I don't think about it every time!

We usually leave midday for the airport. We're always at MK, usually Splash Mountain is the last ride. We always stop and sit in front of the castle for a little while before meandering out Main Street and saying the over the shoulder "til next time" to the castle. Since there's to be no mention of tears....

I do like PP mention of riding the train around before leaving. Might consider that for next month.

Our last day is always an early morning trip to MK to take in the last little bit of magic:wizard: We end it with a very sad exit around 1:00 or so. :sad1:

We usually have an early or mid-morning flight . . . :sad2:

Our last night has to be in MK and the last ride is Big Thunder Mountain *during* Wishes - riding in the end car, looking up at the fireworks & castle as we laugh ourselves silly whipping around those twists and turns is now our traditional "farewell" to another great WDW trip.

Of course the next morning I'm completely pouty and have to say good-bye to the room. Yes I'm 42 but it never fails that I say to DH, as we walk thru the lobby for the last time, "We can come back again, right?!?!" and being the wonderful man that he is, he always says "Of course we can!" :cloud9:

Of course the next morning I'm completely pouty and have to say good-bye to the room. Yes I'm 42 but it never fails that I say to DH, as we walk thru the lobby for the last time, "We can come back again, right?!?!" and being the wonderful man that he is, he always says "Of course we can!" :cloud9:
I could have wrote this. :rotfl:

always plan the trip dates for MK EMH ( evening) to fall on our last night, so we watch wishes, then stay for the castle's goodnight kiss, of course ride, but I always like ending it on a nightly note specifically in MK, just seems to be more magical:goodvibes

Rush back from EPCOT back to the Boardwalk and quickly get something from the Bakery...but VERY quickly because I'm always running *just* on time for the bus back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter