What's your #1 tip that you learned here on the DIS?

we're not frequent flyers so, to check & recheck airflight times to make sure they haven't changed. This saved me a major pain in the neck. I checked per suggested here & found my times had changed several times. I was able to rebook at no charge do to info I learned here.

this is a long thread, so it might be here already, but we got the Brita water bottle, and it's indispensable- we just refill again and again- and it makes the fountain water taste ok!

Pollito916 said:
Do you actually put the duct tape on your feet? Doesn't it hurt when you pull it off?!?!

Yes, you actually put the duct tape on your feet.

As for hurting when you pull it off, not really.
If you have hairy feet, I could see where that might hurt a little bit, but I've never really had a problem.
If you do have a problem with it hurting, there's a couple of things you can do. Dab baby oil on around the edges of the tape (this will soften/dissolve the adhesive) and gently pull the tape up a little bit, repeating until it all comes off (although this can take time and can get messy).
The other way is to use two hands. One hand gently pulls the duct tape away from the skin, the other gently pulls/presses the skin away from the duct tape. If you go slowly and keep your skin taunt, it doesn't hurt.
The other options is just to rip it off and deal with the few seconds of stinging skin.

I had one of the larger SLR's during my first trip and I noticed when I got home that all of my pictures seem to be clustered at a few locations. Apparently I took a bunch of pictures while I had the camera out, then put the camera back in my backpack for a long while. The large camera was just too inconvenient for spur of the moment photos. I purchased an inexpensive 5MP digital camera that's slightly larger than a cellphone. You can wear it on a belt clip like a cell phone. It's so convenient I've never taken so many pictures in my life. I'm going to follow suit with a camcorder for my next trip.

My number one tip I've learned is:

Pack food to bring in the parks. :mickeybar
Say you have a character breakfast, ::MickeyMo then maybe you want to bring PBJ's or something for lunch and then go to a local Wal-Mart or grocery store and pick up a pizza for dinner.

It's not as expensive as eating a character breakfast for 3 meals, but its probably one that everyone has heard before. princess:

The best tip I ever got was from a friend who visited Disney the year before us. She recommended going to the Disney store to purchase (T-shirts,toys,etc...) souviners for family and friends.....It saves me a ton of money each time.

I can't name just one; here are a few:

Fast pass.

Park-Hopper tickets.

Wear really, really, really well-broken-in shoes and use moleskin and bodyblide.

Arrive before the parks open.

Plan, plan, plan - and then be flexible when you get there. don't be so regimented that you don't have fun.

What, no Tour Guide Mike??? That was the single most important tip I got on the Dis for my last trip to WDW. :goodvibes

Try to make breakfast reservations at a restaurant inside the park you are visiting. Preferably at a time before or at park opening. This will get you into the park ahead of the crowds. It is sort of magical walking down Main Street USA with only a couple dozen people around :cool1:
Enjoy a nice character meal and then you are already inside the park as it opens to the rest of the public. :thumbsup2

First and most important enjoy yourself. The more you review anything and everything you can about WDW helps. Make your proity seatings as soon as you can. Take moleskin--it will save your feet. Another foot suggestion is to wear crocs! They are awesome. Don't overpack. This is easy to do but you need room in your suitcases for your soveingers.
The Disney meal plan is the best! YOu will eat like a king!
Again enjoy yourself!

I agree with Kimis. The important tip I can think of is to have fun with your family and let everyone be a "kid". You can have a plan but don't worry if you have to change your plan.

mommylovesdisneymore, we live at LakeMonticello. We'll be at WDW (CR) late October/early November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter