What's your #1 tip that you learned here on the DIS?

Someone suggested getting a clip on fan for the stroller. Even gave a web-site, 'One Step Ahead" cost about $12 and it was the best thing. Not only did it provide a breeze--it entertained him too!

My Mom found something for our sore aching feet. During a midday break from the parks, my feet were just killing me. My brother was also complaining about his. Our mother gave us some of her roll-on Biofreeze that she gets from her chiropractor. It's kind of like Flex-all but better. Anyway, we rolled it onto our feet and our feet felt great the rest of the day. What a difference! Disney should sell this stuff in their gift shops.

I love all the tips here. My most important is to plan your days before you go but leave room for adjustment. I don't get too wrapped up in the game plan and there is less room for stress. We always make a mental note of the attractions that are most important to us, always head left when entering a park and we seem to accomplish everything that's important to our family. Plan a free day or 1/2 day so that you have time to catch that very important attraction that you didn't get to do earlier in your stay. FASTPASS. Enjoy your time and go ahead and get used to the fact that you're going to want to go back again and again and again....................

I read about Colored Hair gel in Magic Kingdom. My son is six and he thought this was the greatest thing! I even took pics of him getting his hair fixed. It cost six dollars and was well worth the attention he received during the day! Just go to the Magic Kingdon Barber. It is located at the very beginning of Main Street, to the left as you round the circle at the beginning where Mickey stands for autographs!

Take advantage of the "Free Dining" special for this Fall. It will save you a fortune and allow you to try dining experiences you would not normally try...a sit down lunch for example.

What exactly do you mean "free dining" special for this fall?

Go to Toontown during the parade or fireworks! You can get in line a lot to see the characters! Since there is hardly anyone back there you get some extra time with them. We found this out accidently. I think Tigger and I messed around for about 5 mins. or more. WHAT A BLAST!! :jumping1:

Lori

kowalchicky said:
Take advantage of the "Free Dining" special for this Fall. It will save you a fortune and allow you to try dining experiences you would not normally try...a sit down lunch for example.

What exactly do you mean "free dining" special for this fall?

Disney offered "Free Dining" for those of us who went between late August and now. With this plan, each member of your party got one table service meal, one counter service meal and one snack per day. The meals included appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. We had sooooo much food. We even had counter service meals left over--I wish I had known how to give them to someone else at the time. I kept most of our reciepts and it added up to over $1500--quite a savings! It really was an unbelievable deal. I booked on Expedia--airfare from Illinois, two rooms at POP Century, Park HOPPER passes (5 days) and the free dining for $500 per person. As most of you know, the Park Hopper passes are at least half of that cost. If they ever offer this deal again, we'll be there!!

Some people may not agree but... We are disapointed with the disney buses!
Some of them wouldnt turn the a/c on!! They were hot, crowed and waste of time! Most of the time we ended up standing with small children. The bus driver would take off fast and slamonthe breaks. I was afraid one of us were going to get hurt!! I was so mad one time I yelled at the driver...I am standing here with my little kids, easy on the breaks!!!! I cannot believe they let people stand. Someones child is going to get hurt then this will not be allowed. Dont think that a young person will get up and let you sit down and hold your child, most of the time no one offered.

This time we will drive and have a car with us.

People were yelling ...TURN ON THE A/C!!

We have given our seat up to lots of people, and have had others give up their seat to us. To be fair, if you don't want to stand, you can wait for the next bus and get a seat. If we stand my husband and I sandwich our kids in between us. Sometimes those buses are freezing in the mornings. Hot or col, we just grin and bear it!

Duck Tape, Duck Tape, Duck tape!

Better for preventing blisters and staying on your feet. You can also use it to repair luggage, raincoats. Make handles for boxes, fix shoes, and a million other uses.

kgwoozle said:
Duck Tape, Duck Tape, Duck tape!

Better for preventing blisters and staying on your feet. You can also use it to repair luggage, raincoats. Make handles for boxes, fix shoes, and a million other uses.

How does duct tape prevent blisters?

"How does duct tape prevent blisters?"

It prevents friction I think. All I know was a friend of mine who runs marathons told me it works much better than moleskin. I have also seen alot of hikers putting it on at trailheads before they put on their boots. It worked great when I was in Hawaii in and out of the water, it never came off on its own. I was skeptical at first but now I'm sold.

Long live duck tape.

kgwoozle said:
"How does duct tape prevent blisters?"

It prevents friction I think. All I know was a friend of mine who runs marathons told me it works much better than moleskin. I have also seen alot of hikers putting it on at trailheads before they put on their boots. It worked great when I was in Hawaii in and out of the water, it never came off on its own. I was skeptical at first but now I'm sold.

Long live duck tape.

Do you actually put the duct tape on your feet? Doesn't it hurt when you pull it off?!?!

location of the Publix grocerty store just down from the Gaylord Palms on I-Drive -- go early in the morning -- no traffic and no lines -- prices great!!!

There's two fantastic things I learned on the DIS:

Illumination Cruises and how to get (and share) one. It was Christmas night and my DD's 21st B'Day. A wonderful night without dealing with crowds and an event we will never forget.

Pool homes and the tip to ask the owners (nicely) for their best price. We saved about 50% off low season rates just by asking. In January we'll be in a BEAUTIFUL 6 bedroom pool home for less than what most people will be paying for one standard hotel room.

Thanks all you wonderful people!

I just got back I think the best tip was to bring rings or clips to hook onto the WDW stroller so you don't have to carry your backpack all day. It was great and we got alot of I wish I would have thought of that from many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter